Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not an expert at all, but I've never had another car that lets me get into the electronics the way my BMW does. Legally or illegally, I can change just about anything you can think of - from the boot up screen on the monitor, to the seat belt chime, to a blinking brake light... You use a tool that hooks up to the OBD port that syncs with an app on your phone. I don't know if the Germans just left it unprotected on purpose or if someone hacked it, but it's almost like an android phone - you can customize just about anything if you know what you're doing (or know where to look).
My Jeep has a programmer that people can use that does something similar. It’s used to disable Auto Start Stop, seat belt chimes, DRL’s, correct the odometer/speedometer for wheel size changes etc,
It’s more of a 3rd party hack than a feature intentionally enabled by the manufacturer. Something probably exist for Hyundai but those kinds of things probably rely on aftermarket support. Given most Palisade owners aren’t “tuners” there probably isn’t much of a market for now.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts