Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I asked Hyundai MnSOFT to confirm when the new map updates would be available for download. Here's their reply from tonight:

"As we are currently still working on the download application for the new map update, it is currently unavailable. It should be available around the end of this month. I apologize for any inconveniences."

We'll just have to keep checking...

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
@Eric2203 is right, I found the map colors this morning. But they all look pretty much alike.

I think they may have changed the address line of a verbal FIND request to a smaller type font. I find the address line very hard to read. The name of the business that I asked for is in large type, but it is repeated six times. I want to see the address to choose between them.
That is the reason I couldn't figure out how to change the colors. Here in Arizona doesn't seem to make enough difference so I thought it wasn't changing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something to note I just saw with the latest update.. you can no longer sort your radio station favorites. It now defaults to lowest to highest station number. Not a big deal generally but it does really mess up the record feature of the radio because you cant choose which stations will allow you to record since it defaults to the first 10 or so (not sure how many). If you want your favorites to have the rewind song feature, you have to remove stations with lower numbers so that your higher number stations are able to fit in the first 10 slots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
on Home page, I see "MAP VERSION 14 WILL BE AVAILABLE STARTING MID-MAYFOR MOST MODELS "

when I go to order, I see
When was this version released?April 27th, 2020
We usually release a new map update twice a year (in March and September) or once a year (in March).
If you performed a map update after the release date above then your map is up-to-date.

PART NUMBER141SP2DH
MAP VERSION AFTER UPDATENAM.13.41.42.XXX

Why is the version number 13.xx?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know the difference between the quick update vs general update? The instructions say "Both updates offer the same full update". And looking at the instructions, they take about the same amount of time...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Anyone know the difference between the quick update vs general update? The instructions say "Both updates offer the same full update". And looking at the instructions, they take about the same amount of time...
The full update takes much longer. Something like 2 hours.

I don’t know what the differences are. I assume the full one reloads everything, while the quick update only loads what has changed.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
here is what the directions say
Once the Quick Update option is selected, a screen will ask to update. Choose “Yes” to begin. During the update, no features will be available. The process will be automated and takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Mine took 20 some minutes.

If the General Update option is selected, a screen will ask to update. Choose “Yes” to begin. During the pre-load, all features can continue to be used. This will take approximately 5 minutes. DO NOT turn off the ignition switch or eject USB during upgrade procedure. A circle will appear indicating pre-loading of data is occurring.
Once the pre-load is complete, the system will ask to reboot. Press “Yes” to continue. The remaining update will be automated and will take approximately 50 to 60 minutes. DO NOT turn off the ignition switch or eject USB during upgrade procedure
Appears the difference is you can use the features during the first part of update in general update, but not in quick update

·
Registered
669 Posts
here is what the directions say
Once the Quick Update option is selected, a screen will ask to update. Choose “Yes” to begin. During the update, no features will be available. The process will be automated and takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Mine took 20 some minutes.

If the General Update option is selected, a screen will ask to update. Choose “Yes” to begin. During the pre-load, all features can continue to be used. This will take approximately 5 minutes. DO NOT turn off the ignition switch or eject USB during upgrade procedure. A circle will appear indicating pre-loading of data is occurring.
Once the pre-load is complete, the system will ask to reboot. Press “Yes” to continue. The remaining update will be automated and will take approximately 50 to 60 minutes. DO NOT turn off the ignition switch or eject USB during upgrade procedure
Appears the difference is you can use the features during the first part of update in general update, but not in quick update
The times are wrong. Your quick update only took 20 min. I can tell you from experience that the full update issues more like 2 hours.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Those that have inquired directly have been told May 18th now. I don't think "mid-may" literally means the exact mid point of the month. More like "roughly in the middle of the month, rather than right at the end or the beginning.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The time are wrong. Your quick update only took 20 min. I can tell you from experience that the full update issues more like 2 hours.
I agree their times are wrong, don't know about the general update. From the time I clicked yes to finish it was 20 minutes or just a little more. Wasn't expecting it to be completed so soon. looked at screen at about 24 minutes and it said it had completed. I know it wasn't exactly 20 minutes because I looked then as was trying to time it. was still running then
Will be interesting to find out how long the general update takes. Says both give the same results

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I noticed the reference to a map update 14.5 download has disappeared from the update site.
Guess that is understandable as the 14 doesn't work for download yet.
Wouldn't be surprised if they wait for 14.5 before it is up for download

·
Registered
669 Posts
I noticed the reference to a map update 14.5 download has disappeared from the update site.
Guess that is understandable as the 14 doesn't work for download yet.
Wouldn't be surprised if they wait for 14.5 before it is up for download
Rumor has it that v14 download will be up tomorrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had the Palisade in for a few things this morning and asked advisor for map update. He checks and says they don’t have it. How is that possible? A consumer can order it on a jump drive but the dealer doesn’t have it? When checking out he tells me that the car has Apple Car Play and that they really depend on that for map updates. Not kidding, he really said that. I foolishly attempted to explain the difference and I could see his eyes kind of glass over.

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dealerships don't buy the usb drive with update on it. They down load the up date to a usb drive just like we do. The down load isn't available for down load so they don't have it yet either.
Don't know where he got the Apple Car Play from. Maybe he uses an Apple computer and thinks that is how it down loads, But it has to down load to a usb drive to install at least for us
You can bet he has never done any work on the vehicles just assigns the jobs to someone
in the shop

·
Super Moderator
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
They can order the drive for your car if they want to, If you expect them to do any work.
They just download it saves time and money

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't have a Palisade, but ordered and updated map on my 2016 Genesis. Steps are pretty simple, but takes around 35 minutes to complete.
If you would like know the steps, here it is

Genesis GPS Update

·
Registered
669 Posts
Called mapnsoft. They expect the download to be available tonight by 8 PM EST or Friday by 6 PM EST. Since they've been saying that for a while now, I'll believe it when I see it.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts