Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't use CarPlay/android auto so couldn't give people any help with the split screen
Yes I have version 14, it installed in 24-25 minutes total. Got it Wednesday 29th.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any chance you can clone the usb and make it available, or is the update tied to the VIN?

I don't use CarPlay/android auto so couldn't give people any help with the split screen
Yes I have version 14, it installed in 24-25 minutes total. Got it Wednesday 29th.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Any chance you can clone the usb and make it available, or is the update tied to the VIN?
It's more than 25GB in size and there will be a download available mid-May. I believe it also writes to the USB during the update so it's only used once. It's not worth sharing really (aside from the fact that you'd be breaking terms and conditions by doing that).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for checking!
I had ordered the usb with 2 day, but by Thursday it still hadn't shipped, so I canceled. I'll just wait till the download is available.
I ordered on day one, and just shipped yesterday. Not super impressed with MapNGo. I only ordered because they said no download....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Installed in just over 25 minutes. Saved my settings.
Updates for Maps, System, GPS, Modem and uCom. No, I don't know what uCom is.
Map Version if 13.41.44

Split screen Android Auto works but it is off by default after installation. You can turn it on in the Android Auto section of Settings under Device Connection Settings.

The Hyudai map looks different.

LeRoy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Map Version if 13.41.44

Split screen Android Auto works but it is off by default after installation. You can turn it on in the Android Auto section of Settings under Device Connection Settings.

LeRoy
Appreciate it👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Map Version if 13.41.44

LeRoy
I agree the maps look different, at least mine, not as sharp and bright, looks almost dull.
I haven't gone in to check brightness yet. will try to set screen back to a clear look instead
of this milky almost cloudy look. Every thing else was saved, all my presets, previous
destinations, etc.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Map Version if 13.41.44

LeRoy
I agree the maps look different, at least mine, not as sharp and bright, looks almost dull.
I haven't gone in to check brightness yet. will try to set screen back to a clear look instead
of this milky almost cloudy look. Every thing else was saved, all my presets, previous
destinations, etc.
Maybe the new color themes? Have you tried changing them?

·
Registered
71 Posts
No I have not gone 'exploring' yet. I noticed the Weather app now shows the temperature from the car, and if you have navigation active, the temperature at the destination. The Weather is no longer from HD Radio.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yeah, that was one of the changes. For those not familiar, here's the list of changes (and a PDF with this list can be downloaded from mapnsoft as well).

Changes (besides map data):
  • Route now computed in the cloud (if connected services active)
  • New map display and easy to add POI display on map
  • Current speed shown on screen
  • Added list of world's top 1,000 best restaurants
  • Ability to show guidance at the top of the screen while viewing other screens
  • Search by distance, name or best match
  • When stopped for more than 15s, the route overview comes on
  • When searching for electric vehicle charging stations, brand icons are shown, as well as AC or DC (before anyone asks, this update is for PHEV and EV Hyundai models too, not just the Palisade, so this is why that is a documented feature)
  • Search for gas station by price (if connected services active)
  • New map color themes
  • Notification pop-up if map data older than 2 years
  • Weather info (if connected services active)
  • Alert upcoming red light cameras & alert upcoming speed cameras w/ speed limit (if connected services active)
  • Better media playback
  • Cover art on advanced GUI on media screen
  • Custom select multi-selection playback (album/artist)
  • Sound of Nature (I know the 2020 Sonata already has that)
  • Split screen with CarPlay or AA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hittu
Mine did the same thing with our last car on our home location. I wound up keeping my car at the end of the driveway next to the road when I set the home location. worked after that. Main road close to back of house messed it all up when I first did mine.
Hope this might help.
I know what you are referring to I used to similar behavior. but this is different. my Sonata never stopped on middle of freeway to cause destination is closer. It knew there is no access to that from there.

i will try this once we have the update and see if it improved.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I figured out why screen was so dim.
The box for adjust brightness according to cluster brightness.
Appears the update may have lowered the cluster brightness
or my wife did it, she says no so not going to argue with her.
Still looking for where to change themes.
To bad they didn't put out an addendum to the navigation
manual on how all the changes work.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I figured out why screen was so dim.
The box for adjust brightness according to cluster brightness.
Appears the update may have lowered the cluster brightness
or my wife did it, she says no so not going to argue with her.
Still looking for where to change themes.
To bad they didn't put out an addendum to the navigation
manual on how all the changes work.
It’s actually documented in the PDF listing all the new features. It’s under Navigation Settings > Display > Map Color.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It’s actually documented in the PDF listing all the new features. It’s under Navigation Settings > Display > Map Color.
@Eric2203 is right, I found the map colors this morning. But they all look pretty much alike.

I think they may have changed the address line of a verbal FIND request to a smaller type font. I find the address line very hard to read. The name of the business that I asked for is in large type, but it is repeated six times. I want to see the address to choose between them.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts