Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy a Limited as soon as I figure out what color combo to get. I strongly prefer the look of the black leather to the beige, but have seen a few people say that it's pretty hot in warm weather. I live in MN right now, but will likely end up in VA or NC in a few years. I am pretty much a mess, always spilling/dropping things and my kiddos (tweens and teens) aren't much better. Beige scares me! I am hoping to get either the Moonlight Cloud or Steel Graphite.

TIA!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used to have a black car with black leather seats. Admittedly, it didn't have tint, but pretty unbearable in the summer. I am in Chicago area. Told myself never again. Next car - White with beige interior. Much better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a Limited AWD Steel Graphite (dark exterior) with the black leather interior in the Milwaukee area. I bought the Palisade back in early July, so summer was still in full-swing. The ventilated front seats and 2nd row captains chairs make a big difference in keep the interior comfortable. Certainly when you first get in the vehicle interior is a bit toasty, but not at all unbearable. Good practice is to keep the sunroof(s) covered in the summer when parked. The A/C was quick to chill us out inside too.

I love our black interior, and would buy it again in a heartbeat considering the dirt and whatnot tracked in by my younger kids.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a black car with black interior when I lived in southern California. In the summer it was pretty miserable when getting in the car on a hot day. I would open all four windows and the sunroof for at least a couple miles to get the hot air out. That being said it did not have a remote start feature, and I think this feature would help a great deal. The only potential problem is if the hvac system recirculates the air that is in the car (typical when AC is set to max) instead of bringing in fresh air. Then you're trying to cool air that is superheated to 140 degrees or more instead of outside air that is 100 degrees or so. I decided that anything you do to limit the amount of heat getting into the car interior with a black interior would also work (and possibly work better) with the beige interior, thus I bought the beige interior.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I live just outside of Las Vegas Nevada, and we received our Limited in August, and YES it does get hot here in the summer (about 90 days of triple digit temps) , and we have had no problems with having a black interior. We had to tint the windows in our last vehicle, but not this one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am planning to buy a Limited as soon as I figure out what color combo to get. I strongly prefer the look of the black leather to the beige, but have seen a few people say that it's pretty hot in warm weather. I live in MN right now, but will likely end up in VA or NC in a few years. I am pretty much a mess, always spilling/dropping things and my kiddos (tweens and teens) aren't much better. Beige scares me! I am hoping to get either the Moonlight Cloud or Steel Graphite.

TIA!
Im in South Florida and i had my Palisade since June. I tinted my windows and it was fine. the leather wasn't scorching hot, nor did I get burned when wearing shorts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the blue one with black leather, and I LOVE the color combo! I get so many compliments! The inside is black, but the ceiling and sides is gray that offsets all the silver metal accents on the dash and console. As for the heat, I've always had black leather in SoCali and I'm used to it. Yeah, it's hot. But this car cools down super fast! I don't have the ventilated seats either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts