Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Curt trailer hitch and, since I just had surgery on my neck, couldn't install it myself. The Curt website listed an auto shop about 10 miles away as a "Platinum full service dealer/installer" so I called to make an appointment. I was quoted "between $350 and $500" just for installation labor. I guess the guy thought I just fell off the turnip truck and when I quizzed him he told me, among other things, they needed to take the bumper off. I told him he could go to the etrailer website and watch a 5 minute video showing how it is installed. Worst case shouldn't take an experienced installer more than 45 minutes. There was along, awkward silence, after which I hung up.

UHaul is installing it for $120 plus tax. Whenever this happens I can't help thinking about the people this guy has ripped off because they just don't know better.

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of stuff really bothers me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was quoted $445 installed with the wiring harness form a local shop that just does hitches. They have been around for a long time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
can anyone share pics of the curt hitch installed on the palisade?
I know I posted my photos on here as well. Not sure the thread now but lots of that and the trailer brake controller.

Easy install, mine was easier as I had a friend with a lift that helped me for the cost of a 12 pack of good beer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts