Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the SLE package, HDA (Highway Driving Assist) is optional, and I'm wondering if it's redundant with the already included LFA (Lane Following Assist) feature.

Both require Smart Cruise Control to be activated, and they seem to do the exact same thing? I'm confused what HDA adds that LFA can't already do on freeways.

Thanks for any insight on this.

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
HDA can adjust the speed automatically as it changes. It is also said to keep the Palisade in the center
of the lane better than the LKA with little to no side to side movement.
I don't see any difference my self. Maybe just because I haven't paid much attention
I usually drive about 5 mph over the speed limit and HDA only works if you are set at the speed limit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDA can adjust the speed automatically as it changes. It is also said to keep the Palisade in the center
of the lane better than the LKA with little to no side to side movement.
I don't see any difference my self. Maybe just because I haven't paid much attention
I usually drive about 5 mph over the speed limit and HDA only works if you are set at the speed limit
I thought Smart Cruise Control is what adjusts the speed automatically, not HDA.

And Lane Following Assist (LFA) is what keeps the car in the center better than LKA.

Which is confusing to me why they try to market HDA as something different than LFA...

·
Registered
444 Posts
HDA’s main purpose is to maintain the posted speed limit on the highway. From the functional standpoint it acts the same as LKA/LFA in conjunction with smart cruise but also ,maintain the posted speed limit on the highway. For example, if the speed limit is posted for 70 mosh, you set the smart cruise to 70, HDA is activated, if the speed limit on the highway changes to 65, the smart cruise will be now set to 65 automatically. The idea is cool but in practice it is very stringent and not many people find the use of it, if it was lenient to allow +- 5 or so miles than the posted limit and be dynamic about it, it would be very useful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HDA’s main purpose is to maintain the posted speed limit on the highway. From the functional standpoint it acts the same as LKA/LFA in conjunction with smart cruise but also ,maintain the posted speed limit on the highway. For example, if the speed limit is posted for 70 mosh, you set the smart cruise to 70, HDA is activated, if the speed limit on the highway changes to 65, the smart cruise will be now set to 65 automatically. The idea is cool but in practice it is very stringent and not many people find the use of it, if it was lenient to allow +- 5 or so miles than the posted limit and be dynamic about it, it would be very useful.
Thank you so much for the explanation!

To me this means that I can probably skip getting the HDA option since LFA/SCC does the same thing, and I can just monitor the speed limit myself. The speed limit doesn't really change on the freeway in my state anyway.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
112 Posts
To me this means that I can probably skip getting the HDA option since LFA/SCC does the same thing
I think the HDA package includes LFA/SCC, which is different from HDA, the feature. You can't have one without the other.

In the case of the SEL option, that means you have to get the premium package or you don't get an assisted driving module.

Looking at some window stickers, that appears to be the case. Without premium package, all you get is LKA, not true L2 assisted self-driving.

I take that back. Even the low end SEL has "Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go; Lane Following Assist INCLUDED " So you should be good.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I think the HDA package includes LFA/SCC, which is different from HDA, the feature. You can't have one without the other.

In the case of the SEL option, that means you have to get the premium package or you don't get an assisted driving module.

Looking at some window stickers, that appears to be the case. Without premium package, all you get is LKA, not true L2 assisted self-driving.
That's because HDA uses data from the navigation database to know which roads are HDA-capable and which aren't (and for the speed limit data for those that use the auto-speed adjust feature of HDA). So yeah, you can't get it without nav, which requires the premium package on the SEL trim.

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
135 Posts
i find hda coming on with the lights being green while on the interstates etc. and it allows me to set my speed. Cruising today with it on at 87mph. Maybe I’m not understanding it but seems to allow high speeds.

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
I find hda coming on with the lights being green while on the interstates etc. and it allows me to set my speed. Cruising today with it on at 87mph. Maybe I’m not understanding it but seems to allow high speeds.
Yes but does the speed change automatically when you enter a different speed limit zone?
That is basically what HDA adds to the cruise control. yes you can set the speed higher
because it is not working under HDA but still uses LFA/SCC
HDA will only work if it is set to the exact speed limit in the navigation system as Eric2203 says

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes but does the speed change automatically when you enter a different speed limit zone?
That is basically what HDA adds to the cruise control. yes you can set the speed higher
because it is not working under HDA but still uses LFA/SCC
HDA will only work if it is set to the exact speed limit in the navigation system as Eric2203 says
Didn’t notice the spee changing as the stretch of interstate I was on was all the same speed limit. I guess what’s confusing me is that I set the speed higher than the speed limit and the HDA indicator was on and green. Would it have changed my speed if the speed limit changed?

·
Registered
444 Posts
When the speed is set to posted speed limit it will also say Auto. HDA being on and green means HDA is available. The word auto shows up only when engaged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In stop and go traffic the resume feature will be automatic in HDA. If HDA isn't active, your required to tap the gas or press the resume button if stopped for a few seconds. Great feature for me because I use the cruise control all the time.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
In stop and go traffic the resume feature will be automatic in HDA. If HDA isn't active, your required to tap the gas or press the resume button if stopped for a few seconds. Great feature for me because I use the cruise control all the time.
Not quite. Auto-resume works up to 30s on HDA roads. 3s on non-HDA roads.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When the speed is set to posted speed limit it will also say Auto. HDA being on and green means HDA is available. The word auto shows up only when engaged.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts