Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says: I’m looking to get the Limited trim AWD (color can be Moonlight or Black), and the dealers near where I live (Charlotte) told me they could get it late November/early December. For personal reasons I will not be able to wait for so long since I will be needing a car within the next few weeks.

I checked the Hyundai website for inventory within 250 miles radius and a few results popped up. Considering buying the car from one of these dealers, and showing up there just to pick up the car. Questions I have:

• Do these cars that show in the site are available, or if I call I will start getting the “actually this is already sold, but the website hasn’t been updated”?
  • Anyone comment on the experience of buying a car “online”? I read of some people that said they closed the deal via email/phone and only had to go to the dealer to pick up the car.
  • When/if I have any issues, can I take it to a local Hyundai dealer, even if I didn’t purchase it there?
Thank you!

·
Registered
151 Posts
As the title says: I’m looking to get the Limited trim AWD (color can be Moonlight or Black), and the dealers near where I live (Charlotte) told me they could get it late November/early December. For personal reasons I will not be able to wait for so long since I will be needing a car within the next few weeks.

I checked the Hyundai website for inventory within 250 miles radius and a few results popped up. Considering buying the car from one of these dealers, and showing up there just to pick up the car. Questions I have:

• Do these cars that show in the site are available, or if I call I will start getting the “actually this is already sold, but the website hasn’t been updated”?
  • Anyone comment on the experience of buying a car “online”? I read of some people that said they closed the deal via email/phone and only had to go to the dealer to pick up the car.
  • When/if I have any issues, can I take it to a local Hyundai dealer, even if I didn’t purchase it there?
Thank you!
I bought locally, so I'm not in your situation. However, I think I can answer some of these.

The cars on Hyundai's website are not yet sold, based on my personal experience. I say that because once we put a deposit on ours, it disappeared from Hyundai's website, even though it wasn't technically bought yet, since it was still in transit to the dealer. But I could be wrong...

This brings me to my next point: the cars listed there may not yet be sold, but they may not be there physically yet. The Hyundai website does tell you when a car is in transit (as opposed to available), but I don't know how accurate it is. Call the dealer and ask.

I can't comment on buying online, but I know some people here have bought cars in other states. Perhaps they can chime in. You should be able to complete a credit application online, regardless.

Service: yes, you can take it to any dealer. Even though I bought locally, they told me that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the Hyundai inventory web page, first check on bottom of each listing, does it say in transit?
Then you will have to call dealership, but can rule out many just with the in transit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been checking the website for a while and have talked to a lot of dealers. In my experience, it runs the gamut. Sometimes, a car that shows up in the inventory, the dealer hasn't received yet, but will soon. Sometimes, the dealer will receive it, but it's already spoken for with a deposit. Sometimes, a car shows up in the inventory, but the dealer already got it on their lot and sold it. The only way to be sure is to contact the dealership. The other thing that I've run up against is that frequently, the first person that's on the phone will tell you, yes, the car is available and is coming soon. When you start actually getting into the meat of the deal, it turns out the car already has a deposit on it. It might be easier to speak to the sales manager from the start.

Yes, you can definitely get your car serviced at any dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts