Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am not sure if the dealer is being honest with me and am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this situation. On May 3rd, 2021 I placed a deposit on a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy that was scheduled to be delivered to the dealer and was told that its estimated time of arrival would be July 27th, 2021. And the dealer said he wasn’t sure if the car had been built yet or not because he didn’t know what accessories it was coming with and he didn’t have the full Vin number. He gave me a sheet with a short Vin number. He said he didn’t have a vin number yet and would let me know as soon as he had more information. So I was waiting until I heard more. Well, on June 4th I got a call from the dealer saying “great news, your car is now coming in June 16th!” So I said, great, do you have any more information on the car? The Vin number, or which accessories it comes with? Do you have a window sticker yet? He said he didn’t have any new information, but would let me know. I have since called him back and asked to speak with the sales manager to see if he has any information on the car, but the car dealer I have been working with called me back instead saying he spoke with the manager and they still don’t have any updates and that the estimated time of arrival is between June 16-23, 2021.
Also, when I try and search for the car on Hyundai’s website it doesn’t show up and never has.
I am trying to figure out if this is normal. Why would they not have the Vin number?? And why would they not know if it’s been built yet when it’s supposed to be here in 5-12 days??? Any information would be helpful! Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
25 Posts
Sounds like you're getting antsy. They want to sell the vehicle too. I can't see any reason why a dealer would tell you a car is coming and then yank you around. I'd say be patient. Calligraphy pretty much has everything. Other stuff is extra and can be added (or removed) during or after the sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you're getting antsy. They want to sell the vehicle too. I can't see any reason why a dealer would tell you a car is coming and then yank you around. I'd say be patient. Calligraphy pretty much has everything. Other stuff is extra and can be added (or removed) during or after the sale.
When I asked what it comes with I am referring to add ons that Hyundai randomly puts on cars like floor mats, cargo tray, tow hitch etc. Things that increase the price. I just spoke with the sales manager today and they are now saying that the delivery date is TBD and he is not sure why the sales person told me it was moved up to June 16th... he said he has no idea if it’s even been built yet...
also, they gave me a temporary vin number. Is this even a real thing? It’s only 12 digits long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my Calligraphy this week, after a 2 month wait. The salesman got me the actual VIN and PDF of the window sticker about 3 weeks before the car arrived. Interestingly, although the PDF sticker called for installed tow hitch, the actual sticker did not, and no hitch was installed. The salesman thought it could have been a supply-related issue on the hitch itself. Also, both the PDF and physical sticker indicated roof rails were installed, and they were. I didn't want them, and asked if they could be removed. The salesman checked on that, but they were unable to do it, since they had no way to place the rails in their parts inventory.

So, be patient, flexible. It's worth the wait!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm no expert but sounds a bit fishy to me. I just put down a deposit (yesterday) for a Calligraphy scheduled to arrive the end of next month and the dealer gave me a "Pre-Shipping Report by Dealer" that includes the VIN and all the port-added accessories. Might be perfectly legit, but my experience was different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts