Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I negotiated that amount between two local Hyundai car dealerships, but now I am starting to have second thoughts while the one we selected waits for their next batch to come in (where they will trade with another dealer if they don't get a Moonlight Cloud w/ trailer hitch) since they are out of Caligraphys.

Opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It largely depends on whatever other fees they tacked on there, if any.
This dealer does pretty straight up pricing (they are Fitzgerald if you have every heard of them), so I don't expect any "up charges" beyond the dealer processing fee they all stick you with.

·
Registered
2021 Hyper White Palisade Calligraphy
7 Posts
SO if you are looking at a calligraphy or limited, That's a great deal. Most dealerships are adding a "Market adjustment" upwards of $6k. I was looking for a white calligraphy with dark interior. I called everywhere in the south- they either didn't have the white/dark combo - or they wanted the "market adjustment" finally....my local dealership ended up getting one in- and I was charged MSRP and the only additions were the floor mats and roof racks.

So yes--if they were willing to do that...then that's amazing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Up here I paid ~$4k under MSRP and they ordered the exact combo I want. Just waiting for it to be available or built. That's wild you all have to pick from what they have on hand.

We only get 4 trims and no options packages, but in the end we have more choice it seems, which isn't usual compared to the US.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got my white Calligraphy for MSRP but I had to drive 2.5 hours to do so. All the dealers near me wanted $3-8k “market adjustment”. I said you can take that stuff and stick it. I wouldn’t pay over sticker for any car especially during a global pandemic when millions are out of work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This would be a dark blue Calligraphy. One dealership was going to give us $1500 off MSRP for their President's day sale, and so I had the other dealer (the one we prefer to do business with) match that offer (in writing via email).

Just waiting for them to get a Calligraphy in so they can trade it for the one we want (they don't have any dark blues coming in any time soon but have at least one red and some other color of the Calligraphy trim).

It sounds like we managed to get a good deal so thank you all for your feedback.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade AWD SEL Conveince Pkg
13 Posts
A side comment.

They can add an OEM trailer hitch and supposedly most of the wiring is pre-installed. Unfortunately, the OEM trailer hitch hangs down which distracts from the looks. Somewhere on here someone posted a picture of an aftermarket hitch where it was installed through a cutout on the bumper. The only thing, I wonder if that modification could affect your warranty.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
A side comment.

They can add an OEM trailer hitch and supposedly most of the wiring is pre-installed. Unfortunately, the OEM trailer hitch hangs down which distracts from the looks. Somewhere on here someone posted a picture of an aftermarket hitch where it was installed through a cutout on the bumper. The only thing, I wonder if that modification could affect your warranty.
I haven't seen any cutout the bumper and no way in hell would I do that. I have seen aftermarket hitches and they look 10 times better than the hideous OEM hitch. I would NOT get the OEM hitch. The aftermarket ones are more hidden and don't stick out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Our’s came with it installed. I could take it off since we probably will not use it.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
Our’s came with it installed. I could take it off since we probably will not use it.
Yeah our Calligraphy came with the towing package, just not the hitch. I was kinda glad once I saw the OEM hitch!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I
I haven't seen any cutout the bumper and no way in hell would I do that. I have seen aftermarket hitches and they look 10 times better than the hideous OEM hitch. I would NOT get the OEM hitch. The aftermarket ones are more hidden and don't stick out.
Actually not cut through the bumper. Just through the bumper plastic cover. It looked liked the only way you could tell is by seeing the edge of the cut. You could probably take a piece of chrome looking plastic door edging and cover that. Anyone not familiar with Paisade wouldn’t know.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
Actually not cut through the bumper. Just through the bumper plastic cover. It looked liked the only way you could tell is by seeing the edge of the cut. You could probably take a piece of chrome looking plastic door edging and cover that. Anyone not familiar with Paisade wouldn’t know.
Yeah no need to cut through, they have stealth hitches, much better than OEM. The stealth hitch is completely hidden and tucked in.

OEM Hitch - Hideous, haha.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in Los Angeles area. Bought a '21 Calligraphy at the end of October last year. One local dealer offered me $5K above MRSP because the combo that I was looking for (white/silver with light gray interior) was rare. I finally found a dealer two hour drive from my house, and got an offer of $1,500 below MSRP. I would say it's a good deal if you are offered $1,500 below.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've dealt with DC area dealers and there are not many good deals in the area. MD dealers are willing to discount but not more than $1000-$1500. You will have better luck with NJ-NY area dealers if you are looking at 2k to 3k savings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just bought a dark blue Calligraphy for MSRP (was already scheduled to be delivered to this dealer so no trading involved). It should be arriving tonight after the midwest snow delay. But the other ones that are coming with it will get a $5000 market adjustment once they hit the lot if they aren't prepurchased. They are hot right now and cutting no deals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts