Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Steel-Graphite Limited
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched over from longtime android user to a Iphone 13 Pro Max and I noticed that when using the Iphone Maps feature, I need to change the audio settings to Bluetooth Audio to hear the spoken directions. When I make or receive a phone call the bluetooth audio works fine through the car speakers but only seems to be an issue with spoken voice prompts. I have the spoken directions under maps app turned on "over radio" but still nothing works unless I change to bluetooth audio in settings.

For context, I have a 2020 Limited with nav that plays the voice prompts over speakers fine but have been trying other nav apps.

Any input much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Unless I’m misunderstanding you, what you’re experiencing is how it works. A phone call over Bluetooth takes over, obviously. Anything else over Bluetooth, whether it’s listening to music, a podcast, or navigation directions, requires you to switch to the Bluetooth input. Think about it: how can the car know to interrupt the radio because it’s a navigation direction that you need to hear as opposed to a notification that you don’t need to know about right away?

All of this goes away with CarPlay: you can listen to the radio and still hear the prompts from your favorite nav app.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless I’m misunderstanding you, what you’re experiencing is how it works. A phone call over Bluetooth takes over, obviously. Anything else over Bluetooth, whether it’s listening to music, a podcast, or navigation directions, requires you to switch to the Bluetooth input. Think about it: how can the car know to interrupt the radio because it’s a navigation direction that you need to hear as opposed to a notification that you don’t need to know about right away?

All of this goes away with CarPlay: you can listen to the radio and still hear the prompts from your favorite nav app.
OK, that makes sense but what I also noticed before changing a few settings, is that when a spoken direction was played, it came over as a phone call message on infotainment screen and over speakers while not in Bluetooth audio?

I have not tried CarPlay yet and will be a hassle unplugging my usb stick that’s holding music to plug in CarPlay since it’s not wireless in trims with nav?

bottom line, I use the in car navigation when really needed because of the on screen/hud prompts but was just curious about other options.

thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, that makes sense but what I also noticed before changing a few settings, is that when a spoken direction was played, it came over as a phone call message on infotainment screen and over speakers while not in Bluetooth audio?

I have not tried CarPlay yet and will be a hassle unplugging my usb stick that’s holding music to plug in CarPlay since it’s not wireless in trims with nav?

bottom line, I use the in car navigation when really needed because of the on screen/hud prompts but was just curious about other options.

thanks for the responses!
A common way to deal with this is to have the music in your phone, that way when you plug in your phone you have access to CarPlay and your music with voice commands.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A common way to deal with this is to have the music in your phone, that way when you plug in your phone you have access to CarPlay and your music with voice commands.
good point. Basically I just don’t like having to plug in phone via wire and having to store ton of songs on phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts