Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. The dealer upgraded my infotainment software and now it's always on night mode. The map has the black background which is hard to see in the day time. Also the auto brightness doesn't seem to adjust.

How do I switch the map to day mode?

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
343 Posts
You need to put the brightness in automatic mode.
Menus > Setup > Display > Mode
Then check the Automatic box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to put the brightness in automatic mode.
Menus > Setup > Display > Mode
Then check the Automatic box.
I've done that and during the day time it's still night mode (black map) and brightness is too dim to see. I can put it in manual and turn the brightness to 100 and it's fine. But still don't know how to change the map color from black to white/beige.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
Hi. The dealer upgraded my infotainment software and now it's always on night mode. The map has the black background which is hard to see in the day time. Also the auto brightness doesn't seem to adjust.

Go to setup > nav > map > map color. Black is an option now, perhaps that was chosen.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
268 Posts
Maybe I need to upgrade the software. I don't see a option for black. Just the three different light color shades.
Then they didn’t actually upgrade you to the newest version. I assumed if you had just upgraded you would be on the newest one available.

One thing to check, when your map is dark during the day, are your headlights turning on (even though they shouldn’t be)? If so, perhaps something is sitting on your ambient light sensor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're talking about the 'background' map on the main homescreen (music in lower left, weather/time in upper right), then this is how it will always be. The nav map color is only when you go to the map/navigation screen.

If you have automatic brightness setup, you can adjust the brightness 'offset' by drilling down into the automatic brightness settings. It helps with definition of this map, but it is still always a blue tinted map on a darker background.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then they didn’t actually upgrade you to the newest version. I assumed if you had just upgraded you would be on the newest one available.

One thing to check, when your map is dark during the day, are your headlights turning on (even though they shouldn’t be)? If so, perhaps something is sitting on your ambient light sensor.
I think the issue is the ambient light sensor. My auto headlights are always on and the nav auto brightness always sets to dim reflecting a night time brightness.

So many issues with the palisade already. Just had lane keep assist fixed, steering wheel noise fixed, waiting on auto rain sensor replacement but need to replace the whole windshield according to dealer, waiting on heads up display fix because can't see it even set on brightest, and now this.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Take the dumb thing back to dealer that upgraded it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts