Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a loaded Limited. Had the extra sticker for the usual mud guards , mats, but then a really nice hitch setup. Something called a crossbar??? $2500 Yikes! So they give me a written quote of MSRP minus $2500! Now that stuff does have at least $600-700 value. So I'm going to come back and say, Take another $1,000 off this deal and we are done. See how that goes. At $48,000 is $1,000 off good price nowadays?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'd figure out the details on what that crossbar thing is. I haven't seen any hitch systems that justify that cost. Sounds like they're putting something on, claiming it's super expensive, and then saying "look how much discount we're giving you!" without actually discounting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
on these Palisades, anything below MSRP is considered a good deal. In the early days of this model many dealers were getting above MSRP. I felt lucky to pay MSRP when shortly after that the dealer here in Scottsdale, Az added $1000 or more to it. I'd avoid that costly item and instead, down the road, look at an aftermarket part.Also, as I'm sure you know, most items on the dealer add on sticker are very profitable for them and generally not a great value for you so I always start the negotiations telling them I will not even consider the dealer add ons and I was fortunate in getting the deal done.such a great car with nowhere to go these days.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
64 Posts
Is the extra $2500 anywhere on the window sticker? If no, then it's some dealer added package. I find most of them useless.

Some dealers will disclose those up front and will allow you to remove it. However there are shady dealers that will go through the entire deal process and right before you get ready for the finance part they will tell you about this extra 2500-3000 package and some won't remove it! Avoid those at all all cost.

Crossbars are the things attached to the top of the roof. They would be listed on the window sticker along with things like mats, mudguards, hitch, first aid kit, rear bumper applique and few other possible extra options. Each car may have different combination but I don't think they would add up to anything close to $2500 (at least I haven't seen any like that)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an extra sticker for these items. Totals $2500, but my quote is taking $2500 off MSRP, so in effect the package is free and I’m paying MSRP for the Palisade. If I can get another $1500 off, I’ll buy the vehicle. I figure those extra sticker items do have a value around 5-600 dollars.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
64 Posts
Ok so the $2500 you're referring to is something that is coming from the dealer. So that's good that they are removing it but I doubt the package is 'free' because most of those are "protection" items like paint protection, etc, dealer warranty...that they would put on after or make you come back for. My dealer had the same thing which they took off as well and they didn't provide any of those dealer package items.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are missing what I wrote, yes it is a dealer add on sticker. I noticed on the Hyundai pricing site it is the same as Package C which goes for $1600. Again I feel it has a real value of around $600. The hitch setup is really nice. Haven’t seen the mats.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
64 Posts
OK, are you able to post a picture or link to window sticker + this extra package? Limited trim doesn't have any extra packages that can be added during the build process on the Hyundai site so I am not familiar with what "Package C" is.

Otherwise there is not much else to say about it since its unknown what it really is. Without any additional dealer add-on if you can get any reduction from window sticker then consider yourself lucky. In my area there are absolutely no discounts no matter what dealer you go to and some charge way over the MSRP by adding "extra" packages that are not from the factory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was promised that running boards would be available by 12/2019. Well guess what? Still not made for my Palisaide and the same dealership refuses to put on boards that have been advertised as being able to fit my vehicle. I’ve bought my last 3 vehicles from this dealership but I don’t like being lied to, so they’re losing a loyal customer.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
64 Posts
Here it is from the TrueValue site View attachment 1412
OK so those are the Additional Features that are listed on the Window Sticker (right hand side). These are from the factory.
Mine came with Bumper Applique, Mudguards, Cargo Tray, and Carpeted Floor Mats.
Still even if you have all those it can't be anymore than $1210. The dealer can't inflate the prices of those.

Whatever the other $$ maybe in the end just make sure that the price of the vehicle is not any higher than the $ value you see on the window sticker (before tax, tile, and license) and you should be good. If you can get them to drop it any then even better.

Do you have a link to the Window Sticker? It should be available on the dealer website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK so those are the Additional Features that are listed on the Window Sticker (right hand side). These are from the factory.
Mine came with Bumper Applique, Mudguards, Cargo Tray, and Carpeted Floor Mats.
Still even if you have all those it can't be anymore than $1210. The dealer can't inflate the prices of those.

Whatever the other $$ maybe in the end just make sure that the price of the vehicle is not any higher than the $ value you see on the window sticker (before tax, tile, and license) and you should be good. If you can get them to drop it any then even better.

Do you have a link to the Window Sticker? It should be available on the dealer website.
Sounds like maybe that had more stuff as well since he mentioned cross bars. The Hyundai ones $390. If it happened to have the sidesteps that would add another $540 so depending on how much stuff they ordered I could see it easily hitting $2500 as there are a number of things not on that list that would add up. Wonder if they ordered most everything they could hoping to capitalize on a "hot" market. If that vehicle were white with beige interior it might be gone already at the asking price. But like you said.. hard to say without seeing the actual sticker or link to the dealer

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Those packages are listed for the dealers when they order or want to know what they can get extra on the Palisade.
Appears they can't just order or get just one thing on the Palisade. they have to take packages to get one item.
A lot like us just adding one thing to the SEL model. Package or nothing. It is the same for dealer drop offs that
Hyundai does. That is the configurations they get

·
Registered
6 Posts
live i
Looking at a loaded Limited. Had the extra sticker for the usual mud guards , mats, but then a really nice hitch setup. Something called a crossbar??? $2500 Yikes! So they give me a written quote of MSRP minus $2500! Now that stuff does have at least $600-700 value. So I'm going to come back and say, Take another $1,000 off this deal and we are done. See how that goes. At $48,000 is $1,000 off good price nowadays?
I live in Washington, 46K plus good price on trade-in, MSRP was 49K on Limited with extras

1 - 14 of 14 Posts