Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see invoices with the personal dated redacted. I am also curious about what dealer costs you do and don't have to actually pay. Saw a few videos on this subject. Dealers always have those preprinted costs added in like they are non-negotiable. What of those dealer add costs should I tell them to get rid of.
Great if you could upload invoices for us to see.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Paid MSRP ($47955) for a Midnight Cloud with tan interior Palisade AWD Limited this past Saturday in Columbus, Ohio. I did get in on the $500 competitive trade-in, $500 veteran discount and 1.9% financing for 60 months with zero down. The dealer gave me a GAP ins. policy (as a credit) as well. The accessories from Hyundai are Carpet Mats, Cargo Tray (actually it is a rubber back mat for the area behind the 3rd row to include the back of the 3rd row seats), Splash Trim (not noticeable mud flaps) and a first aid kit. I did not have a trade in. The total price paid after all was said and done was $47238. The only variable in this document (too light to be readable once copied) was a $250 charge called the "Document Fee". This was an added fee that perhaps had the Palisade not been so desirable to me or having just traveled 605 miles to purchase it I might have tried to have removed. This seemed like a very fair price compared to what I saw at some dealerships near Atlanta which had crazy item markups. For example wheel locks for $150. I am very satisfied with my decision and would do it all over again knowing what I know today.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, I think that doc fee you paid was intended to be for registering the vehicle in OH. Since you did not have the dealer in OH do the DMV work, I think that you could have had that removed. Am I wrong about that?

·
Registered
250 Posts
You could be right. I just figured is was padded fee to enhance their profit margin. At the price I paid I was okay with this, as I expected some type of price inflation. Additionally the GAP ins. cost them $328 (free to me and yes I have the documentation for this). They deducted this fee from the initial price of the Palisade in order to show it as a cost for accounting purposes. They did issue me temp. tags as well as paperwork to register the vehicle in Alabama and verified I had auto ins. They also had to process the loan application to Hyundai Finance. I did not pay sales tax in Ohio, but I did pay that once I registered the car in Alabama. I did not include that because every State is different in its fee structure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The doc fee is a general fee that all dealerships charge for documentation and processing for the sale of the car, regardless if it's in or out of state it will be registered in. It's a flat fee. In some states it's capped, in some it's not. You can try to get it removed, but in my experience, most dealers won't budge on it.
But as far as I know, that is the only fee that is more or less charged by every dealership. If there are any other dealership fees, they should be removed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, you got a great deal. Below MSRP seems like just a dream. I have been up and down that Route 14 many times in my travels. I have a customer in Ravenna as well as Streestboro and Twinsboro. Then I head up to CLE. 14 has everything you need in that stretch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a silver Ultimate here in Ontario Canada. No document fees and the dealer gave me $1500 off MSRP. Only extra was $91 for wheel locks (which I already have). Paid $41,250 US plus taxes including $1,900 CDN for freight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts