Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had car 6 months been in shop 4x. All to fix the wind noise. After the last attempt they told me hyundai is halting all fixes bc none worked. They told me I just have to wait for the engineers to find a fix. I do a ton of highway driving and thud car is awful. I might as well be in a soft top jeep wrangler it is so loud. This is NOT acceptable for a car i paid 47k for. Hyundai corporate also told me to stick. I want out. I hate the car and i am not optimistic on when and of they can fix it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Had car 6 months been in shop 4x. All to fix the wind noise. After the last attempt they told me hyundai is halting all fixes bc none worked. They told me I just have to wait for the engineers to find a fix. I do a ton of highway driving and thud car is awful. I might as well be in a soft top jeep wrangler it is so loud. This is NOT acceptable for a car i paid 47k for. Hyundai corporate also told me to stick. I want out. I hate the car and i am not optimistic on when and of they can fix it.
Call a lemon lawyer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering – have you tried playing with the HVAC system – does the wind noise change based upon where it is set (Outside Air or Recirculate) – and or the current fan speed – or with the whole system OFF?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you tried turning up the radio. I barely hear any wind in my 2020 sel, some whistling from the sunroof if you don't keep the screen closed. Every car has wind noise

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have you tried turning up the radio. I barely hear any wind in my 2020 sel, some whistling from the sunroof if you don't keep the screen closed. Every car has wind noise
Some have posted videos with the wind noise. I admit it sounds bad...

But there should be a clear fix because some have it, but many don't.

Going up to 80 or 90mph with a roof rack, I have radio between 5 and 10 level (limited model with Harmon Kardon system) and hear it perfectly fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do u have rain visors on windows. This may change directional and reduce or eliminate issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A new fix came out just recently.( I think in April, 2021) I was told that by a dealer. They must remove door panels and tighten some sort of channel. I have not done it yet but under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A new fix came out just recently.( I think in April, 2021) I was told that by a dealer. They must remove door panels and tighten some sort of channel. I have not done it yet but under warranty.
was this a TSB fix or a tech initiative? Can you be more specific?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Original poster has only one post to his credit...the one that started this thread...and he hasn't posted since May 16th. He doesn't appear to be interested in what we have to say or suggest.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
Definitely not interested then. Ha ha. I bet he got rid of it somehow a while back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts