Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some advise guys i've had/have several issues now with my 2020 palisade reached out to Hyundai and they were quick to make me a lemon law buyback offer,
unfortunatly the offer is way low i would still owe them around 4k or take a one time 5k settlement still keep the car. I know alot of us have issues here and someone mentioned a collective lawsuit
never done one or been part of one so would not know how to go about this. I reached out to a law firm they wont take my case (just me) but not yet they need about 2 more trips to dealer to build a strong case
in for the lawsuit. anyone here savy on this sort of stuff im supper bumbed out i love everything about this car thats why i bought it.
if you guys have not seen or want to know what my issues are have been see my previous post. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for providing the requested documents. Hyundai Motor America (“HMA”) offers you two
options: (1) HMA will repurchase your vehicle; or (2) you can keep your vehicle, and HMA will pay you
$5,000.00. You can choose either option, but not both. As detailed below, if you elect to have HMA
repurchase your vehicle, you will owe HMA $3,665.96. Should you elect to keep your vehicle, HMA will send

you a separate Release for your review and required signature

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the problem, how many times/how long has it been in for service for it, and what state are you in?
my engine knocking noise is super loud, repairs have been at 0 due to not knowing if it will help since other car at 5k at service was at same sound level.
Ive had lighting issues those were fix somewhat. My repairs on the wind noise comming in trough the door molding have faild setting up a 2nd repair same issue
and hyundai was offering me the above all within maybe a month so maybe we might have something that they don't want people to know?
Im in CA and a total of 4 dealer trips have been made 2 different dealers and about 10 days with out a car

·
Registered
781 Posts
So in California, you need to hit either 30 days total service or 4 visits for the same issue to qualify as a lemon. At this point, anything Hyundai is offering is way above and beyond what they're required to do.

Is your engine knocking issue the rattling at idle thats typical of gdi engines?

What lighting issue did you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in California, you need to hit either 30 days total service or 4 visits for the same issue to qualify as a lemon. At this point, anything Hyundai is offering is way above and beyond what they're required to do.

Is your engine knocking issue the rattling at idle thats typical of gdi engines?

What lighting issue did you have?
its been 4 visits same issue along w other issues right now my second row captains chair squeeks super loud anoying scheduled the 5th repair this saturday
this issue was brought up on my 1st repair they "fixed" and its back im not looking for a freebee or nothing its just so upseting dealing with big companys
im paying for a crapy car

the knocking is from the gdi but mine is super loud i dont know if its a spring low oil presure or what their own service advisor has said i would not f*!kn buy or pay for this
sorry we cant do more with out authorizations

my light beams were not straight they would look like this \ | one was pointed at trafick what was done ? i was never told just that it was taken care of....

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sounds like they just adjusted the headlights.

If you have been in 4+ times for the same issue, why won't the lemon law lawyer take the case?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Have you tried talking to any others? I can recommend a fantastic CA lemon attorney that I have used for several vehicles in my family/friends group.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried talking to any others? I can recommend a fantastic CA lemon attorney that I have used for several vehicles in my family/friends group.
id be happy to get a second opion if you can share the info id appreciate it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Omg I filed lemon for my palisade that I got a month ago. Seat rattling and squeaky noise that sounds like glass shattering noise. took it to dealer already three times and dealer service for Hyundai is horrible. still noise is present but not as bad. More problems FCA failure and when you take it to dealer they say no problem or no code save when car is scan for error/ took it to dealer for this twice already. Now gear shifter failure, took it to dealer again today. They said no problem. I had to restart my car several times to get the car working back to normal. Dealer is saying since it’s working now no problem. I’m like then why this is happening and dealer service cannot solve the issue or just say no issue found.
I am discouraging people buying palisade and Hyundai is a horrible company especially dealer service.
need some advise guys i've had/have several issues now with my 2020 palisade reached out to Hyundai and they were quick to make me a lemon law buyback offer,
unfortunatly the offer is way low i would still owe them around 4k or take a one time 5k settlement still keep the car. I know alot of us have issues here and someone mentioned a collective lawsuit
never done one or been part of one so would not know how to go about this. I reached out to a law firm they wont take my case (just me) but not yet they need about 2 more trips to dealer to build a strong case
in for the lawsuit. anyone here savy on this sort of stuff im supper bumbed out i love everything about this car thats why i bought it.
if you guys have not seen or want to know what my issues are have been see my previous post. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for providing the requested documents. Hyundai Motor America (“HMA”) offers you two
options: (1) HMA will repurchase your vehicle; or (2) you can keep your vehicle, and HMA will pay you
$5,000.00. You can choose either option, but not both. As detailed below, if you elect to have HMA
repurchase your vehicle, you will owe HMA $3,665.96. Should you elect to keep your vehicle, HMA will send

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Omg I filed lemon for my palisade that I got a month ago. Seat rattling and squeaky noise that sounds like glass shattering noise. took it to dealer already three times and dealer service for Hyundai is horrible. still noise is present but not as bad. More problems FCA failure and when you take it to dealer they say no problem or no code save when car is scan for error/ took it to dealer for this twice already. Now gear shifter failure, took it to dealer again today. They said no problem. I had to restart my car several times to get the car working back to normal. Dealer is saying since it’s working now no problem. I’m like then why this is happening and dealer service cannot solve the issue or just say no issue found.
I am discouraging people buying palisade and Hyundai is a horrible company especially dealer service.
Have you tried taking it to a different dealer? Your dealer sounds incompetent.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No nearby dealer ?
With the way the dealership "system" we have in place, you really have to shop around between different dealers not only for purchase but for service. Your experience at one dealer can make you a Hyundai customer for life, whereas another dealer, perhaps even just across town, will have you gritting your teeth when you even hear the brand name being uttered. Other reply is right, your dealer seems to be the weakest link here. I understand your frustration and by no means trying to down play it, but you can't expect to get different results from the ONE dealer you're visiting expecting them to somehow, iuno, "get better?" It seems like you've already thrown in your towel for this, so this is just general advice to anyone else dealing with poor service at a dealership: Go to a different dealer. You're never beholden or bound to the dealer you purchased from, either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is no joke i just went this past weekend for the same seat squeak they said there is no repairable part will ask hyundai on what to do.. i had to change dealers because were i bought mine they refused to service my concerns. I have had them tell me if we cant duplicate the issue it does not exist as well always document email? or video of such it is really helpfull in my case when i decide to hire the attorney.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hey there. My engine started knocking around 2500 miles. I took it in to have it looked at and the guy that looked/ listened at it said it sounded like the others. long story short, I pushed the issue insisting that it did not sound like it did when I bought it and he basically blew me off. I went home and told my husband that he'd need to take it in because they wouldn't listen to me. A few months went by, and the recall came out for the screws in the airbags and I had complained about the window noise so they fixed that as well as they went ahead and changed the oil even though it was only about 4,500 miles on the car. Which I thought was weird but, whatever. When I wen to pick up the car and the service guy brought it around, I heard the knocking even worse. I made this "new guy" listen and he said ABSOLUTELY, something didn't sound right. They kept my car to examine. Ultimately, another VERY long story short, they have had my fuel pump replaced, and an ENGINE replacement because they found that there was something wrong with the car. When I got the car back after nearly 3 weeks from dropping it off, it was still loud to me. I took it back in for a 3rd time and was told I needed to drive on the new engine fore around 500 miles. I did this, much to my dislike. After about 530 more miles I took it back in for the 4th time saying that is was still louder than it should be AND was not driving properly. I even made them let me test drive a different Palisade so I could see if it was in my head and it wasn't. When I insisted my car was still not driving properly, they had me bring it back in. I had them REFIX the window noise because it was whistling again, and they adjusted the transmission; which needed to be done because of the engine being was replaced. Needless to say, It is still making a knocking noise and I have video to prove that it is still doing it. I'm just over taking the car in at this point... So, I have sought legal council because I did not pay for a headache, I paid for a high quality factory built car. At this point I have an untrustworthy car.

With all that said, I wish they would have offered me to take the car back from the beginning like they did for you. All they offered me was 2 car payments and only if I signed a release form saying they were not responsible for these problem anymore and that we couldn't pursue a lemon law case, which I quickly and absolutely refuse to accept. Then I felt pressured by them, meaning Hyundai Corporate, to take the money because the offer would only be good for 30 days. I mean seriously!

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you own the car before it started having problems, how many times did you have to take it in before they acknowledged something major was wrong, Why are they keeping $3,000 + dollars from you if they sold you a poorly made car? What date did this all happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
so did they buy back your vehicle? I bought one almost 2 months ago. I been having problems with vibration, wind noise and now the squeeky sound inside. I have taken the vehicle 4- 5 times already and no luck with the fixing. I been talking to corporate but Im going to asked them to buy it back. I have 4,000 miles on it and Im scared of how much they will offer me

·
Registered
77 Posts
this is not very assuring. I bought this car to replace a Nissan Quest minivan that Nissan corporate bought back due to 3 faulty transmissions (CVT). Took 6 months from initial agreement to actually surrendering the car and getting a check. It was a terrible process albeit I did not use an attorney. Keep us posted on your drama. Good luck. Don't give in unless you get what you want.

·
Super Moderator
393 Posts
this is not very assuring. I bought this car to replace a Nissan Quest minivan that Nissan corporate bought back due to 3 faulty transmissions (CVT). Took 6 months from initial agreement to actually surrendering the car and getting a check. It was a terrible process albeit I did not use an attorney. Keep us posted on your drama. Good luck. Don't give in unless you get what you want.
Why is it not assuring what if any problems are you having. I had Hyundai assurance buy back a Sonata and i had no problems getting with them. I had the car a year 0% interest I took it back to the dealer i bought it from and nothing out of pocket but 12 payments of 169.00 . I have yet to have a problem with mine as many other members.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why is it not assuring what if any problems are you having. I had Hyundai assurance buy back a Sonata and i had no problems getting with them. I had the car a year 0% interest I took it back to the dealer i bought it from and nothing out of pocket but 12 payments of 169.00 . I have yet to have a problem with mine as many other members.
why? because my car is only a few months old, haven't driven it much, only 1500 miles. Past few days I started to hear the whistling sound from left side of driver door...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts