Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership told me that the rear speakers in the cargo area can be added in later to my SEL and that it's prewired. I wanted to ask if anyone has done that yet before I start popping things open.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might be prewired to the location, but you also need something at the head unit. Does the smaller headunit have the ability to push more speakers? Even if it does it might not be connected there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious if anyone has updated information on this. I am looking to update my newly purchased Palisade as the options were limited due to the current environment. I am having a difficult time determining how many speakers are currently installed along with their locations and sizes. Knowing there are other pre-wired locations and where they are would be wonderful. Are there any audio outs on the headunit in the SEL with a premium package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been meaning to open up the back speaker area to see if it's plug and play, but haven't had the time. I'll let you guys know what I find if/when I do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, buddy. I love listening to music and my car it’s the only place I can do it because I have a lot of work. I decided to add speakers and see will the sound quality change or not.
I was asking my friends, relatives about the best speakers which are worth buying, but they couldn’t help me out with this problem, so I tried to google and find the decision. I read the reviews from https://www.audio-direct.com/2020/05/07/best-6x9-speakers/ and other resources and finally, I managed to make the right choice. I've been using these additional speakers for 5 months, and I can say, that it's worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, buddy. I love listening to music and my car it’s the only place I can do it because I have a lot of work. I decided to add speakers and see will the sound quality change or not.
I was asking my friends, relatives about the best speakers which are worth buying, but they couldn’t help me out with this problem, so I tried to google and find the decision. I read the reviews from https://www.audio-direct.com/2020/05/07/best-6x9-speakers/ and other resources and finally, I managed to make the right choice. I've been using these additional speakers for 5 months, and I can say, that it's worth it.
Which ones did you decide to buy? Is this for an SEL version? Last did you replace all in the vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
106 Posts
Which ones did you decide to buy? Is this for an SEL version? Last did you replace all in the vehicle?

Thanks
Ditto these questions and were they plug and play or some adapting needed? And which model do you have?

(I am SEL + convenience)

Planning to scout these speaker slots out this weekend (I have a set of 6x9's I pulled from a previous car, which if nothing else makes for a cheap way to verify that the location is powered) altho they are 4-ohm

EDIT: Crutchfield is saying the very rear speakers (which didn't come with my SEL/conv pkg) are 8", not 6x9?

ie. there may be multiple concepts going on.. in my case I was trying to add speakers to the very rear which are otherwise not populated with my trim/pkg level.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Palisade SEL (Lagoon Silver/BlackBlack) with Conv
106 Posts
Poking around a bit last night.. I see a circular cutout on the driver's side only... and it's not clear that it was intended to be easily removed/replaced.. is this where folks are thinking a rear speaker(s) would go? (I didn't see the equivalent on the passenger side).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts