Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased it on the first day it was released so it’s been about 3 months now and I have 4000 miles on it. So far it has been to the dealer 4 times already with at least 2 more trips to go. I picked it up Saturday after they had it for two and a half weeks only to deal with the wind noise for the second time. After replacing all the weatherstripping I had been told more parts are on back order and will need to bring it back yet again.
Nothing works as it should in the car , the wind noise and buffeting is ridiculous. The phone charger doesn’t charge, rear ac doesn’t stay on, doors don’t unlock as they should, and the radio won’t hold the programming. What a mistake this car was!!

·
Super Moderator
944 Posts
The car has wind noise which needs addressing
If you came from a lower profile car there will always be buffeting during cross winds
in any vehicle this size. Our mini van does the same thing compared to our car
What kind of car did you come from?
What kind of phone are you trying to charge? Some phones do not allow wireless charging
Rear AC problem may just be a setting, have you tried asking dealership for help with that?
Would definitely ask them about radio not holding programming
Not sure about the doors not unlocking but even my Genesis G90 is crazy when it comes
to doors unlocking. If someone is touching door handle on that only my drivers door will unlock.
Someone else here was questioning doors not unlocking, not sure if they solved the issue.
Have you tried searching for that on this forum yet?
Not trying to be a pain but would like to help you solve some of these issues
My wife and I ordered a limited which hasn't arrived yet, but I would like to understand the
issues as we will run into them also.
These cars have so many controls it is hard to keep up with what settings need to be

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your feedback. I had a Lexus RX350 and i currently have a Tahoe, neither of which exhibits that type of wind noise.
I have an iPhone that has wireless charging which works on every other wireless charger but the one in the car. I took a 2 hour drive and saw a 4% increase in my battery, I was told that the charger is working normally and it is a slow charger.
The rear ac isn't a setting issue, it was confirmed by the tech at the dealership that when you shut the car and restart it the rear ac will not restart start automatically even though it is set to do so.
According to the Service Rep they recommended replacing the head and Hyundai corporate put a nix to it as it was too expensive.the dealer showed me they ordered the part and once it hit corporate they cancelled it.
The door locks are set to have all locks unlock when the car is put into park. Guess what? I was alone in the car & they don't unlock even though the settings show otherwise.
I went in to reorder the XM channels following the onscreen prompts exactly and the presets reorder until you turn the car off and restart the car. They go back to the original settings. Im paying a pretty hefty payment to have the car in the shop as many days as it does. I wish I would have waited until next year where they worked out the bugs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
sounds like a bad one maybe...it happens with all manufacturers vehicles. See if you can trade out for another and also call Hyundai corporate

·
Super Moderator
944 Posts
Most people are having a wind noise problem, hope they work out a fix soon
Call Hyundai and ask for customer service department yourself.
They list the number to call in the owners manual, depends on where you live what number to call
Ask why when you have a bad head unit they will not replace it?
Sure sounds like that is the problem

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most people are having a wind noise problem, hope they work out a fix soon
Call Hyundai and ask for customer service department yourself.
They list the number to call in the owners manual, depends on where you live what number to call
Ask why when you have a bad head unit they will not replace it?
Sure sounds like that is the problem
I just got back from the dealership and explained the latest round of issues (I was in the Tahoe) it seems Hyundai was ordering the part, but once Korea found out they cancelled the order themselves.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wireless charging - try positioning your phone backwards in the charger. Mine charges must faster if it's pointing rearward.
Rear AC - I have the same gripe. Sometimes it turns off, other times it stays on. I can't figure out what makes it do either.
Door locks - if you don't push the Park button and instead just turn the car off and have it park for you, it won't unlock

·
Banned
674 Posts
Simple....you have a lemon. Every car maker has them. There are legal remedies available to you. Life's too short to deal with these issues....if the dealer can't solve it - LEMON LAW it. I've owned 50+ vehicles over the years and I've lemon'd 2. One, no surprise was a 3 cylinder Geo Metro. The other was a 2016 Corvette Z06.....it happens.

·
Registered
957 Posts
For what it's worth, the rear AC thing has been reported before. It's apparently by design: after a few hours, the rear AC will not come back on, even if it was on Auto when you last used the car. But when it's less than a few hours (for example: stopping at the store and coming back 30min later), it stays on. There is a time component to it.

There's an older thread about it on this forum. The best we can hope for is that they fix it via software update if enough of us complain.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got back from the dealership and explained the latest round of issues (I was in the Tahoe) it seems Hyundai was ordering the part, but once Korea found out they cancelled the order themselves.
That means they know it’s a software issue, not hardware.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wireless charging - try positioning your phone backwards in the charger. Mine charges must faster if it's pointing rearward.
Rear AC - I have the same gripe. Sometimes it turns off, other times it stays on. I can't figure out what makes it do either.
Door locks - if you don't push the Park button and instead just turn the car off and have it park for you, it won't unlock
Putting it into Park and immediately turning the ignition off will often leave doors unlocked. The operation is a little bit slow. You can either pause until you hear them unlock or you can set the doors to unlock with Ignition Off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. I had a Lexus RX350 and i currently have a Tahoe, neither of which exhibits that type of wind noise.
I have an iPhone that has wireless charging which works on every other wireless charger but the one in the car. I took a 2 hour drive and saw a 4% increase in my battery, I was told that the charger is working normally and it is a slow charger.
The rear ac isn't a setting issue, it was confirmed by the tech at the dealership that when you shut the car and restart it the rear ac will not restart start automatically even though it is set to do so.
According to the Service Rep they recommended replacing the head and Hyundai corporate put a nix to it as it was too expensive.the dealer showed me they ordered the part and once it hit corporate they cancelled it.
The door locks are set to have all locks unlock when the car is put into park. Guess what? I was alone in the car & they don't unlock even though the settings show otherwise.
I went in to reorder the XM channels following the onscreen prompts exactly and the presets reorder until you turn the car off and restart the car. They go back to the original settings. Im paying a pretty hefty payment to have the car in the shop as many days as it does. I wish I would have waited until next year where they worked out the bugs.
Re-order of the radio channels does not work correctly, the only way to get them in the order that you want is to delete all of them (I know...) and re-enter them in your prefered order.
Almost all of the little niggles that we all are experiencing "could" be corrected by software (I won't hold my breath) except the wind noise which, I believe, is either a design flaw or inferior gaskets on the doors.
It sure seems that what we think of as common sense is not the same on things designed in foreign countries...

·
Registered
98 Posts
The car has wind noise which needs addressing
If you came from a lower profile car there will always be buffeting during cross winds
in any vehicle this size. Our mini van does the same thing compared to our car
What kind of car did you come from?
What kind of phone are you trying to charge? Some phones do not allow wireless charging
Rear AC problem may just be a setting, have you tried asking dealership for help with that?
Would definitely ask them about radio not holding programming
Not sure about the doors not unlocking but even my Genesis G90 is crazy when it comes
to doors unlocking. If someone is touching door handle on that only my drivers door will unlock.
Someone else here was questioning doors not unlocking, not sure if they solved the issue.
Have you tried searching for that on this forum yet?
Not trying to be a pain but would like to help you solve some of these issues
My wife and I ordered a limited which hasn't arrived yet, but I would like to understand the
issues as we will run into them also.
These cars have so many controls it is hard to keep up with what settings need to be
The profile of the vehicle is not the problem. My last three cars were:
Cadillac Xt5
Nissan Pathfinder
Cadillac SRX
All of these have a higher profile and never exhibited the wind noise.

When you take delivery of your Limited you will get to experience these first hand.
This is my list of the inconvenient conveniences:
1: Rear Climate Control defaults to off upon starting the vehicle (after a few hours).
2: Cruise Control System defaults to off upon starting the vehicle.
3: Ventilated Seats must be turned on upon each restart of vehicle.
4: High Beam Assist (HBA) defaults to off each time the vehicle restarts.
5: “Walk-Away Lock” menu is not present in setup, vehicle does not automatically lock.
6: No power folding side mirrors.
7: Driver Seat Memory is not stored in the key fob, each driver must manually select button 1 or 2, each time.
8: Dark shadow below the headlight line in the center.
9: Wind noise from drivers and passengers side window.
10: Radio station re-order does not work correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder if the rear ac can be forced on if you wedge the button down like people are doing with the auto start stop feature...

·
Banned
674 Posts
The problem may be that you got comfortable with how another vehicle worked. My work car is a 2017 Toyota Avalon Touring, my fun car is a 2019 Corvette Z06 2LZ. So to compare the "issues" below to how each of my other cars work -

This is my list of the inconvenient conveniences:
1: N/A Rear Climate Control defaults to off upon starting the vehicle (after a few hours).
2: SAME Cruise Control System defaults to off upon starting the vehicle.
3: SAME Ventilated Seats must be turned on upon each restart of vehicle.
4: N/A High Beam Assist (HBA) defaults to off each time the vehicle restarts.
5: SAME “Walk-Away Lock” menu is not present in setup, vehicle does not automatically lock.
6: SAME No power folding side mirrors.
7: AVALON SAME Driver Seat Memory is not stored in the key fob, each driver must manually select button 1 or 2, each time.
8: HUH? Dark shadow below the headlight line in the center.
9: AVALON IS 2dB quieter Wind noise from drivers and passengers side window.
10: SAME Radio station re-order does not work correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts