Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone here has student loans they're paying off and they live in CA or Phoenix, AZ, Hyundai will pay up to $900 towards it as a promo offer for purchasing a new vehicle. It also doesn't have any "one per X" restriction, so I was able to redeem this on TWO new cars I bought from Hyundai this year (bought a '19 Sonata back in April). $1800 free money, makes my purchase even a better deal than I originally thought.

Interestingly, the dealerships seem to almost have no idea about this promo. One dealership did have some really outdated display shoved into a dusty corner with pamphlets lying around, but it looks like no one was paying attention to it at all. Their loss, this is actually really a decent promo that they could be using to promote sales.

You can also redeem the promo on your own retroactively; I didn't know about this promo back in April, but since the program period extended as far back as then, I was able to redeem it even now with no problem. No dealership follow-up was required, aside from confirming the purchase which seems to happen without any direct interaction from them. I applied for it earlier this week, and already received confirmation that they will disburse payments towards my student loans next month.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I purchased yesterday and went to apply for this today without luck. Further reading shows you need to wait at least 2 weeks from purchase date before applying for the system to populate with your information. Just an FYI for anyone that comes across this thread.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, during the "redemption" step of the process, it said:

Note: Please allow up to two weeks from the date of vehicle purchase or lease for your information to be processed. Attempts to redeem your Reward code may not work until this two week period has elapsed.
For me, I redeemed it at least few weeks after my purchase so it went through in a couple days. Just give whatever back-end system they must have in place to "confirm" your purchase some time, shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yah, I didn't notice that until I started diving in to figure out why it didn't work.

The only question I have is the whole "participating dealer" side of things. I can't seem to find a list of which dealers in CA and Phoenix participate.This definitely isn't one of those things that's been advertised much.

On a side note, it originally required a purchase to be made by 9/30/19. They just extended it to 12/31/19.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only question I have is the whole "participating dealer" side of things. I can't seem to find a list of which dealers in CA and Phoenix participate.This definitely isn't one of those things that's been advertised much.
Yeah, I was originally concerned about that whole bit too. One dealership I contacted had no idea about the promo. The other dealership (where I bought my Palisade from) just completely ignored my email, lol. Still, the purchases were confirmed without issue and I received confirmation that I will receive those disbursements. Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sounds good. I'll be sure to post up when it goes through. Hard to complain about $900 towards student loans and $400 new grad discount.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As a follow up, I got notification from Hyundai Financial today to set up my account, which only happens after the lease contract makes it to them. I gave the student assurance program a try and it accepted my info this time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow thanks for this! I had not heard about it either. Filled in my information over the weekend, submitted my loan docs yesterday and approved for disbursement on 12/20 today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure you also get the $500 bonusdrive rebate
Two questions. I read the fine print that says the customer must be the named borrower for the student loans. My wife is the borrower. I'm the one with the loans. I assume we're ineligible for the program? Any loophole or way around?

2nd- Looked into this bonus drive thing. Seems kind of hinky. Anyone actually get a check from these people and if so, how long did it take?

·
Registered
9 Posts
For anyone who has done the student assurance program, how long did it take to get the Gradifi invitation email? My claim code was accepted, the computer screen said the next step would be to receive an invitation email from gradifi to sign up. I have yet to receive the email. It's been about 4 hours. Yes I've checked all the spam, etc. No email. Called Hyundai and they didn't know how long it would take to get email. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Two questions. I read the fine print that says the customer must be the named borrower for the student loans. My wife is the borrower. I'm the one with the loans. I assume we're ineligible for the program? Any loophole or way around?

2nd- Looked into this bonus drive thing. Seems kind of hinky. Anyone actually get a check from these people and if so, how long did it take?
I got my check already and cashed it. Not an issue - free money!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got my bonus drive check today. About 6 weeks to get here.

Student loan thing took about a week to get approved with a scheduled payment date about 6 weeks from when it's submitted. Mine is coming up to be paid in the next week or two. I'll confirm when it pays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm curious how people qualify for the bonus drive. Neither my bank or my insurance company were on there. AAA was only AAA of NY. I tried my credit union, they weren't listed. Plus they don't make it easy by not listing all the qualifying organizations or employers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I qualified through my employer. I have heard that the bmw motorcycle club qualifies and is very cheap/easy to sign up for.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts