Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
673 Posts
Best time to RE-engineer a part, is when the current, poorly designed part is out of stock. Engineers know this. I know this may be daunting given the number of poorly engineered parts currently on the Palisade. I’d start with the wind noise first and work inward. Just a thought.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I would recommend that anyone frustrated by the growing number of vehicles with issues start cataloging them properly. It’s a very long process. Sometimes, especially with COVID-19, nearly 4 months from start to finish. It is though very nice to drive a vehicle with no wind noise and automatic wipers that work properly. And I don’t miss check engine lights, failing blind spot warning system, vibrating driveshafts, scratch HVAC screens, detached window and door lock wires, squeaky seat rails. I also don’t miss 8 trips to the dealer to argue about suitable loaner cars and wind noise solutions.

Sometimes you do need to pay for quality. Looks like 7 more complaints added in June for the Palisade.....still doing better than the Telluride, although outpacing them here lately. I can’t find another vehicle with this many complaints per 1,000 vehicles sold. I think Chevrolet sold nearly 177,000 Traverses in 2019/20 and have 23 complaints.

I sincerely hope Hyundai motors figures this one out as both vehicles are clearly best in class value. They just need to work on about 11 key failure points. Unfortunately American consumers seem OK with shelling out $48K for a vehicle with so many known, engineered flaws. I guess we’ll call the Telluride/palisades quirky?

Attachments

·
Banned
673 Posts
And you’re basing this on what exactly? Provide data to back this up.
I keep confusing you with Saxy. I forgot you’re not an engineer. Here’s a good commercial for Agile project management. It’s a good way to pull a number of ‘quick wins’ forward with project TEAMS. I thought that Hyundai Motors engineers might want to use the lack of parts and production gap to quickly re-engineer parts. They could possibly solve the wind noise, scratching HVAC screens, blind spot warning system issues etc. Just a thought. Between the 2 (Telluride/Palisade) Hyundai motors has got some serious work to do. Might want to start now before they kill the resale value as well. Glad I got out when I did.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I keep confusing you with Saxy. I forgot you’re not an engineer. Here’s a good commercial for Agile project management. It’s a good way to pull a number of ‘quick wins’ forward with project TEAMS. I thought that Hyundai Motors engineers might want to use the lack of parts and production gap to quickly re-engineer parts. They could possibly solve the wind noise, scratching HVAC screens, blind spot warning system issues etc. Just a thought. Between the 2 (Telluride/Palisade) Hyundai motors has got some serious work to do. Might want to start now before they kill the resale value as well. Glad I got out when I did.

I am an engineer and familiar with Agile. Unlike you though, I don’t need to throw buzzwords around to try and sound smart.

And you didn’t answer my question. What are you basing your claim that problems and disappointed owners are rising on? Stop deflecting and ignoring the question and back up your BS. And before you point to NHTSA’s website, 49 complaints is nothing compared to the quantity of vehicles sold. Particularly since several of those complaints appear duplicated. So either provide data or go spread your BS on a BMW or Corvette forum. This pathetic attention-seeking and Hyundai-bashing is getting old. I guess your next step is to claim your wife hacked your account again. Taking responsibility for your own BS is too much to ask apparently.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I also don’t need to insult others as you have done with with your responses to me and others. I’ve already said I hope the engineers at Hyundai motors figure this out. This vehicle is awesome when working properly. But there are too many owners posting here + the other forum + NHTSA for these continuing string of engineering failures.

You enjoy your Fathers Day Eric, assuming you’re a father and please do better to frame your arguments without insults. They’ll carry more credibility if you do. But for you INTEGRITY might be another one of those ‘buzz words’.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also don’t need to insult others as you have done with with your responses to me and others. I’ve already said I hope the engineers at Hyundai motors figure this out. This vehicle is awesome when working properly. But there are too many owners posting here + the other forum + NHTSA for these continuing string of engineering failures.

You enjoy your Fathers Day Eric, assuming you’re a father and please do better to frame your arguments without insults. They’ll carry more credibility if you do. But for you INTEGRITY might be another one of those ‘buzz words’.
Amazing how you claim you don’t need to insult others and do exactly that in the same post.

Still waiting for an answer: what do you base that claim on? Forums and NHTSA are not representative of the entire population. Back your claims up. I’m waiting.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Sorry Id love to stay and play but we’re at the track this weekend (can’t say where until after the event due to a social media blackout). As much as my buddies are getting a kick out of reading how passionate people are about the Palisade, we gotta get back on track. Be well and enjoy your kids and your Palisade and seriously quit worrying about me. I had a GREAT outcome because I did my homework. Hope the others that are settling for wind noise in a $48K vehicle are doing their homework as well.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry Id love to stay and play but we’re at the track this weekend (can’t say where until after the event due to a social media blackout). As much as my buddies are getting a kick out of reading how passionate people are about the Palisade, we gotta get back on track. Be well and enjoy your kids and your Palisade and seriously quit worrying about me. I had a GREAT outcome because I did my homework. Hope the others that are settling for wind noise in a $48K vehicle are doing their homework as well.
So in other words, you’re deflecting again and not answering my question. As expected. You‘re just bashing Hyundai because you got a lemon, that’s all there is to your posts.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts

I'm not familiar with the issues and what not but I always find it funny in a way when someone says well look at all the people posting about the issues on a forum. I could be wrong but with any product not just the Palisade, those who actually go online, join a community like this and actually post is most likely a very tiny percentage of all the owner's / users combined.

·
Banned
673 Posts
JR,

Since you’re not familiar:

1) There are currently 49 complaints logged with the NHTSA for several issues with the Hyundai Palisade

2) Once you’re here awhile you will start to see a recurring stream of threads reagarding:
  • Faulty Automatic wipers
  • Chipping/Cracking windshields
  • Excessive wind noise on the highway

3) Hyundai has haulted their TSB regarding fixing the wind noise and has known about the issue since November of last year.

If you search my posts I’m sure you can find a few things that will help you and others. As of May 12th I’m not at liberty to discuss any details.

I can however invite forum members experiencing problems to please research the LL’s in your state and keep meticulous records. If someone told me that American buyers would be OK with buying weather-stripping for their $48K SUV.....well, here we are.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
I know what you're saying and it maybe valid issues but 49 submitted complaints out of how many total owners? I am just saying those who submit these online is a very tiny percentage. Again, not saying there are no issues but not many are complaining based on the numbers. I think what you're doing is right though, urging as many to submit their complaints because that's the best way to get the manufacturer to notice.

The same exact situation took place about 4 years ago when Hyundai made the DCT transmission available in some models including the Tucson. Initially there weren't many complaints online and others saying that it's working normally. Now Hyundai is paying out alot of $$ as a result of the class action suit and stopped offering DCT in the US completely.

The Palisade is my 3rd Hyundai.
Just traded in 2016 Tucson Limited and also have 2020 Tucson Limited.

1. Windshield
There maybe an issue but I think it's not just the Palisade. Ever since I got the Tucson in 2016 I've been seeing posts related to the same problem being reported to this day. There's a lawsuit now so hopefully Hyundai / Kia will take notice and provide some sort of resolution to all owners if there is infact a problem. On my 2016 Tucson I had to replace the windshield 1 time. However, my replacement was an aftermarket brand and shortly after I got a crack in that as well and had to be repaired (replacement wasn't necessary).

2. Automatic Wipers
Not familiar with this issue but so far the wipers on the Palisade work the same exact way as on the Tucson which has the same feature and I never noticed any issues other than sometimes they would turn on if you drive from a shaded area into a bright sunny area but I remember that mentioned in the manual. My only complaint is that it's no longer possible to turn on the intermittent wiper feature on its own without the auto being on.

3. Wind noise on highway
I have no issue with this at all and I drive on highway alot. Compared to the Tucson (both 2016 and 2020) it's the same if not quieter. So not sure what others are experiencing with regards to this.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I know what you're saying and it maybe valid issues but 49 submitted complaints out of how many total owners? I am just saying those who submit these online is a very tiny percentage. Again, not saying there are no issues but not many are complaining based on the numbers. I think what you're doing is right though, urging as many to submit their complaints because that's the best way to get the manufacturer to notice.
Here was my response to the unit sales versus complaints. BMW has more recalls, but some on here can’t figure out that a recall is a good thing. That’s an auto manufacturer finding an engineering solution and solving the problem by the very expensive action of a total vehicle recall. The automaker assume all responsibility and assumes all vehicles will have the issue at some point.

Compare that the Hyundai Motors actions of numerous TSB‘s which forces an owner to report a problem, the dealer to confirm it and then the TSB can be applied. Add to this that Hyundai has haulted the TSB for wind noise and well......you guys are in for a long ride. For the record, ours was quiet for 4 months and then just kept getting worse.

Take number of complaints divided by number of cars sold. The Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride seem to have a 800% higher defect rate compared to other vehicles in their class. Because Hyundai Motors started selling their SUVs in early 2019 as 2020’s let’s take 2019 and 2020 complaints as listed on the NHTSA:

Hyundai Palisade 50 complaints per 50K cars = 1 per 1000

Kia Telluride 113 complaints per 86K cars = 1.3 per 1000

Chevrolet Traverse 24 complaints per 177K cars = .14 per 1000

BMW X7 4 complaints per 26K cars = .15 per 1000

Those that don’t deal with math like I do on a daily basis, let me state it another way:

The Kia is 9.3 times more likely to have a problem than a Chevrolet Traverse. 900% less reliable.

The Hyundai is 7.1 times more likely to have a problem than a Chevrolet Traverse. 700% less reliable.

And before you think it’s the bleeding-edge technology letting down Hyundai Motors offerings, please read through the NHTSA complaints. The majority of which are for the:

• Faulty automatic wipers
  • Cracking windshields
  • Excessive wind noise
I think when you read my posts you will find, I tend to use facts, I don’t attack others or ask them to leave, and I really just want to help you all understand that you deserve better. This vehicle needs a major overhaul and that’s just to catch up to a Chevrolet Traverse. You paid $48K for a vehicle......don’t you want to enjoy it on the highway? Or would you rather be installing your own weather stripping?

But feel free to get mad at me if you actually think that’ll fix the chipping/cracking windshields

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Take number of complaints divided by number of cars sold. The Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride seem to have a 800% higher defect rate compared to other vehicles in their class. Because Hyundai Motors started selling their SUVs in early 2019 as 2020’s let’s take 2019 and 2020 complaints as listed on the NHTSA:

Those that don’t deal with math like I do on a daily basis, let me state it another way:

The Kia is 9.3 times more likely to have a problem than a Chevrolet Traverse. 900% less reliable.

The Hyundai is 7.1 times more likely to have a problem than a Chevrolet Traverse. 700% less reliable

And before you think it’s the bleeding-edge technology letting down Hyundai Motors offerings, please read through the NHTSA complaints. The majority of which are for the:

• Cracking windshields
  • Excessive wind noise
I think when you read my posts you will find, I tend to use facts, I don’t attack others or ask them to leave, and I really just want to help you all understand that you deserve better. This vehicle needs a major overhaul and that’s just to catch up to a Chevrolet Traverse. You paid $48K for a vehicle......don’t you want to enjoy it on the highway? Or would you rather be installing your own weather stripping?

But feel free to get mad at me if you actually think that’ll fix the chipping/cracking windshields.
OK, so let’s break down your bullshit here.

You’re comparing a first-year model (Palisade) to cars that have been out for years and have had time to work out quality issues.

Chevrolet Traverse: first sold in 2010 - 107K unit for that calendar year (don’t have them by model year) and 625 complaints on NHTSA. That’s 5 complaints per 1000 vehicles sold...

The BMW X7 is nowhere near the same price point. As good as Hyundai has become, it’s still a Hyundai, which you seem to have forgotten.

Oh and that comment about how you don’t attack people? That’s what you posted earlier:

You’re a hack who manipulates facts to suit himself.

You had a lemon with your Palisade, get over it. These constant attacks against Hyundais are childish, particularly when the vast majority of owners don’t have the problems you’ve had. Move on and go enjoy your next car Instead of being angry all the time.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
Here was my response to the unit sales versus complaints. BMW has more recalls, but some on here can’t figure out that a recall is a good thing. That’s an auto manufacturer finding an engineering solution and solving the problem by the very expos I’ve action of a total vehicle recall. Compare that the Hyundai Motors actions of numerous TSB‘s which forces an owner to report a problem, the dealer to confirm it and then the TSB can be applied. Add to this that Hyundai has haunted the TSB for the wind noise and well......you guys are in for a long ride.

The Hyundai is 7.1 times more likely to have a problem than a Chevrolet Traverse. 700% less reliable.

• Cracking windshields
  • Excessive wind noise

But feel free to get mad at me if you actually think that’ll fix the chipping/cracking windshields
I actually agree with you on some points. So not sure who is mad at you. You quoted me but I'm not mad at anything.

The only thing is that my opinion of wind noise may be different than yours because I really don't hear it but perhaps the other Hyundai vehicles I've had are same or worse so to me there is no issue but someone coming from a quieter car it maybe more noticeable.

I said I agree about the windshield but it has been an ongoing complaint since I started visiting various Hyundai forums starting in 2016. So I think this is more than just Palisade/Telluride.

No comment Re: Auto wipers. I haven't yet looked up other complaints but as mentioned I never noticed anything wrong on the 2020 Tucson with same feature which seems to be identical on the Palisade. So if there is an issue it's got to be across all other models that have it as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts