Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
Here in DR, all Calligraphy and Limited Palisade disappeared form the market just nowadays we have a weird version with Leather seat, 8"screen, and no blind point, nor retractable side mirror, and otherwise a classical SE version.
I bit he bullet with that one...It was not the one I would wanted but.... Hyundai in DR says it will take some time for the full calligraphy or Limited version to arrive. Don't know why!
I will have my Moonlight Cloud with beige interior next Tuesday!! :)

Miguel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick!!
We have a very weird versions in LA, as I see they come from Korea, and they have different trims than the american versions...
Unfortunately they are extremely expensive...In most countries the SE equivalent start at almost 50 grands or more. Here the trim I mentioned above is US$63000!!! :(

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
Welcome to the forum
One way to look at it is. The Palisade is selling for as much used as they are purchased for.
You can always upgrade when they start coming in to the country

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Rick!!
We have a very weird versions in LA, as I see they come from Korea, and they have different trims than the american versions...
Unfortunately they are extremely expensive...In most countries the SE equivalent start at almost 50 grands or more. Here the trim I mentioned above is US$63000!!! :(
All come from Korea. My guess is local markets (someone eho sits behind a desk) drive what features are sent to which countries.​

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
113 Posts
Thanks Rick!!
Might be cheaper to fly to America and drive home (well drive / ferry) . LOL

·
Registered
251 Posts
Part of that $63,000 is the DR's 18% VAT rate? In the US there is none. We have state sales taxes but they are not reflected in the vehicle sales price. If they were, in my state at least, that price increase would itself be subject to the 7% sales tax. Also, many US dealerships are adding thousands of dollars to the base Hyundai sticker prices with "dealer installed options" or just blatant rip off added profit premiums.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All come from Korea. My guess is local markets (someone eho sits behind a desk) drive what features are sent to which countries.​
You meant someone in Korea or....where..Mexico, Puerto Rico? I have heard about a Palisade store in PR...:unsure:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Part of that $63,000 is the DR's 18% VAT rate? In the US there is none. We have state sales taxes but they are not reflected in the vehicle sales price. If they were, in my state at least, that price increase would itself be subject to the 7% sales tax. Also, many US dealerships are adding thousands of dollars to the base Hyundai sticker prices with "dealer installed options" or just blatant rip off added profit premiums.
Yes, the 18% VAT included, and as a part of my company fleet leasing I got 4 grand less, so it really cost me $47.6M w/o the VAT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts