Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I have a 2020 Palisade Limited edition and the 3rd row seating stop working yesterday. My 3rd row seats were folded down and I tried folding them up by hitting the buttons in the back of the vehicle and I didn't recognize the 2nd row seats leaning all the way back. Well, once I hit the up or unfold button, the 3rd row seats hit the 2nd row seats and just stopped. I thought they would just go back down or something, but they jammed. I tried restarting the car, resetting the screen, fold and unfolding from the menu entertainment system, and manually pushing them, but nothing worked. I went to my dealership and they couldn't get it to work either so they scheduled me a service appointment which was like two days out. Two days out was not acceptable to me, so I figured I'd keep trying to fix them myself.

Long story short, I found the fuse box and there is a fuse for the 3rd row seating. I checked the fuse and it was blown, replaced it, then the 3rd row seating started to work again. This was a simple fix. So if anyone ever experiences an issue with your 3rd row seating not working, then check the fuse located under the dash.

Quick Summary

Issue: 3rd Row Seating not working or jammed

Action: Check the P/seat (3rd) 20 amp Micro2 fuse located in the fuse box under the dash and replace it if blown.

See attached picture for location of the 3rd row seating fuse.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When your third row quit working did it still beep when the up/down buttons were pressed or did the noise/beeping stop as well?

Update: Thanks again for the information. The buttons will still make a noise and beep but the seats won't move. Replacing the fuse was the trick!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All, I have a 2020 Palisade Limited edition and the 3rd row seating stop working yesterday. My 3rd row seats were folded down and I tried folding them up by hitting the buttons in the back of the vehicle and I didn't recognize the 2nd row seats leaning all the way back. Well, once I hit the up or unfold button, the 3rd row seats hit the 2nd row seats and just stopped. I thought they would just go back down or something, but they jammed. I tried restarting the car, resetting the screen, fold and unfolding from the menu entertainment system, and manually pushing them, but nothing worked. I went to my dealership and they couldn't get it to work either so they scheduled me a service appointment which was like two days out. Two days out was not acceptable to me, so I figured I'd keep trying to fix them myself.

Long story short, I found the fuse box and there is a fuse for the 3rd row seating. I checked the fuse and it was blown, replaced it, then the 3rd row seating started to work again. This was a simple fix. So if anyone ever experiences an issue with your 3rd row seating not working, then check the fuse located under the dash.

Quick Summary

Action: Check the P/seat (3rd) 20 amp Micro2 fuse located in the fuse box under the dash and replace it if blown.

View attachment 779
This was very helpful! Saved me a trip to the dealership. The question is it under fused or faulty design. My guess is this will happen again.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quick Summary

View attachment 779
Thanks - saved me too just now. Sounds like it the fuse should be a bit stronger than 20? If it's happening to that many it's an obvious problem. Thanks for saving me before picking up 3 boys for a baseball game !

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, Maroon w/ light grey interior
6 Posts
Interesting... During my test drive of a Limited (not the one we ended up getting), after we came back and parked, I was being shown interior features. The salesman was sitting in the 2nd row with the seat reclined. He had me operate the 3rd row seat down. Since he was reclined, the 3rd row seat hit the 2nd row seat and went back up asking with an audible beep. This was in a 2021,so I wonder if they corrected the fuse issue or the issue in general.

Thanks for this info!

·
Registered
37 Posts

Quick Summary

View attachment 779
thanks. how do you take out the fuse box cover by the way? we mistook it as a storage bin the other day. i tried to take it off just to see but couldn't. i was afraid id break so i just stopped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts