Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the car , But with supply.
Only thing I would have wanted on the Palisade, that isn't there, is auto dimming
and power folding outside rear view mirrors.
Here in Arizona we sometimes have 30 days, in the summer, when temps are above 110
a few of 114 and 115. So Hyundai ships limited dark colored palisades with black interior.
There are buyers for these, But summer time the dealers sell the white with beige interior
before they get to the dealership.
You might be able to get one the first of the year if you order it. People here also like silver
exterior with beige interior, Palisade doesn't make one. They don't send any light colored
exterior palisades with AWD because they think we don't need them, they would sell in the
north US only. Well we get the extreme heat in the summer, But also have dirt sight seeing
roads in the summer, And roads we can't use in winter with out AWD. Yes near flagstaff we
have skiing with up to 10 feet of snow in a winter.
Dealers here are crying for the white/beige color AWD palisade, they can sell as many
as they can get, but are loosing sales, and have dark colored ones setting on the lot. Yes they
will sell most of the dark ones in the winter. That's when Hyundai will send all the light colored
Palisades to Arizona.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered my White/Beige AWD Limited last June 28th, factory has the order, but it still has not been built. Atlanta dealer.

Color me disappointed.

LeRoy

·
Registered
243 Posts

I used this site to locate and then purchase a Moonlight Cloud Blue Limited with AWD and the light tan interior. I did travel from Alabama to Ohio to make the purchase but I did not want to wait and compete for this vehicle. In the South, Hyundai is shipping very few AWD vehicles so I had to venture a bit to locate my Palisade. The site with enable you to set a zip code and mileage range from 50 to 250 miles. It will then list the "current inventory" for all the dealers within that circle. It is up to you to verify the availability of the specific Palisade you are looking for. When I purchased mine I completed much of the process online and had an approved sale price and loan agreement prior to boarding a flight from Atlanta to Columbus. It is doable if you are willing to travel.

·
Registered
197 Posts

I used this site to locate and then purchase a Moonlight Cloud Blue Limited with AWD and the light tan interior. I did travel from Alabama to Ohio to make the purchase but I did not want to wait and compete for this vehicle. In the South, Hyundai is shipping very few AWD vehicles so I had to venture a bit to locate my Palisade. The site with enable you to set a zip code and mileage range from 50 to 250 miles. It will then list the "current inventory" for all the dealers within that circle. It is up to you to verify the availability of the specific Palisade you are looking for. When I purchased mine I completed much of the process online and had an approved sale price and loan agreement prior to boarding a flight from Atlanta to Columbus. It is doable if you are willing to travel.
Just because you found one doesn't mean the demand isn't higher than the supply right now. I also used Hyundai's website to search the inventory. We found what we wanted near home and put a deposit on it. At the time, it was showing as being in transit to the dealer. Well here we are 4.5 weeks later and we're still waiting.

It is very well documented that Hyundai can't keep up with demand in South Korea. And now the factory has to build for the USA. Couple that with the rumor that they're holding cars up to check and potentially replace tires for flat spots (I posted about that in another thread) and you realize that supply is severely constrained right now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I definitely understand how you feel. I'm in md. I wanted a sel in midnight blue with the light grey leather and captain chairs. They don't make it at all. I had to settle for black on black. Now I wish I either got a limited for the cooled seats or settled for a different color. I even tinted the windows with the ceramic tint which helped a little. Seats still hot as hell. Never had this problem in other leather seats

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just because you found one doesn't mean the demand isn't higher than the supply right now. I also used Hyundai's website to search the inventory. We found what we wanted near home and put a deposit on it. At the time, it was showing as being in transit to the dealer. Well here we are 4.5 weeks later and we're still waiting.

It is very well documented that Hyundai can't keep up with demand in South Korea. And now the factory has to build for the USA. Couple that with the rumor that they're holding cars up to check and potentially replace tires for flat spots (I posted about that in another thread) and you realize that supply is severely constrained right now.
Are you saying that nowhere is the model available that would satisfy your desires?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put $500 down the end of JULY, now being told Dec. or Jan. delivery possible.
Wife and I narrowed our search down to several suv's. Subaru accent limited,
sorry not going for the cvt over transmission. Granted we thought the subaru
road a little better on the highway. Couldn't find the color we wanted.
Next was the Acura MDX, nice , expensive, But I could get a $8500 discount so
same ball park price wise. Hated the infotainment system and dual screens,
biggest down fall No headsup display. After having them in my last two vehicles
That was a big no.
Then we did the VW Atlas, almost ordered, It had a number of things I liked over
the Palisade, It was a 2019 with $8000 off But another no as it has no headsup display.
interior just isn't up to the Palisade
Big advantage to these two was, The white vehicle with beige interior was in
stock.
The palisade has several features which none of these had, these were all
features I could live without. BUT Palisade had all the features we wanted except
for auto dimming and power folding mirrors. This seemed like the lesser of the 4 evils.
I do like the interior of the Palisade much better than the others. Now if we could only
get one.
Hyundai seems to be having a problem getting enough tires also, Bridgestones are noted for flat spotting, as they have nylon side walls. Michelins they started to use have polyester side walls and better traction maybe they will switch to some of them

·
Registered
243 Posts
Out of personal curiosity and for fun I am going to search for a Palisade Limited AWD white with the tan interior. If I find a verified vehicle available I will post it here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Out of personal curiosity and for fun I am going to search for a Palisade Limited AWD white with the tan interior. If I find a verified vehicle available I will post it here.
I'm in the phoenix, az area ,Dealers here looked within a 500 mile area and found nothing. There have been several which showed on the web site. They were all presold or coming to dealership family members

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you saying that nowhere is the model available that would satisfy your desires?
Maybe re-read my post because I clearly said we found what we wanted close to our home and put a deposit on it. We're lucky that it was already in transit to the dealership and not yet presold. Yet we're still waiting for delivery because of other issues that they're not telling us about. My dealership told me about the flat spotting issue, because I keep calling them. They're not even sure that's why the car is being held up.
You're missing the fact that what you find online may have already been presold to a customer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Maybe re-read my post because I clearly said we found what we wanted close to our home and put a deposit on it. We're lucky that it was already in transit to the dealership and not yet presold. Yet we're still waiting for delivery because of other issues that they're not telling us about. My dealership told me about the flat spotting issue, because I keep calling them. They're not even sure that's why the car is being held up.

You're missing the fact that what you find online may have already been presold to a customer.
[/QUOTE]

I got so entangled in your description of your quest that I missed the first sentence about the $500 deposit.

I have called 3 dealers so far to confirm what there web site said as regards their inventory. One dealer had just sold the Palisade Limited AWD white with tan interior that morning. The other two said they were sold and gone. Two more dealers were closed by the time I located the car their web site. This is what I meant by "verified availble". I understand the frustration. It took me two weeks and a lot of phone calls after searching the internet to finally locate the Palisade that I bought at the end of July.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got so entangled in your description of your quest that I missed the first sentence about the $500 deposit.

I have called 3 dealers so far to confirm what there web site said as regards their inventory. One dealer had just sold the Palisade Limited AWD white with tan interior that morning. The other two said they were sold and gone. Two more dealers were closed by the time I located the car their web site. This is what I meant by "verified availble". I understand the frustration. It took me two weeks and a lot of phone calls after searching the internet to finally locate the Palisade that I bought at the end of July.
Entangled? It was 2 paragraphs.

Again, we found what we wanted. But we still don't have the car.

And I know that the Limited sells instantly. I know for a fact my dealership has a bunch of them pre-sold that haven't yet been delivered (including ours). They certainly don't have any inventory available.

It's quite possible to get lucky and walk into a dealership the day they get the car in and be able to buy it. Some areas of the country may have more inventory than others.

But the story at the moment is: very little inventory and what there is doesn't last long. Particularly the limited. Your attempts to locate one seem to prove that. And this whole holding cars back is only making things worse.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Entangled? It was 2 paragraphs.

Again, we found what we wanted. But we still don't have the car.

And I know that the Limited sells instantly. I know for a fact my dealership has a bunch of them pre-sold that haven't yet been delivered (including ours). They certainly don't have any inventory available.

It's quite possible to get lucky and walk into a dealership the day they get the car in and be able to buy it. Some areas of the country may have more inventory than others.

But the story at the moment is: very little inventory and what there is doesn't last long. Particularly the limited. Your attempts to locate one seem to prove that. And this whole holding cars back is only making things worse.
A better word would have been "engaged" rather than "entangled". Where did you hear about this "delay at the Port"?

·
Registered
197 Posts
A better word would have been "engaged" rather than "entangled". Where did you hear about this "delay at the Port"?
I already answered that as well. My dealership told me. Because I keep calling and I'm starting to get annoyed. Apparently they're checking for flat spots caused by how long the cars sit idle during shipping from Korea. They're apparently replacing tires when they find the issue.

They said our car has been at the port for 3 weeks (we placed a deposit on it 4 and a half weeks ago, at the end of July). Normally, it only takes a week for them to get it. But in the Palisade's case, the date keeps getting pushed back on them, with no reason given. They're guessing it's the flat spot issue, but they haven't been told.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not the car , But with supply.
Only thing I would have wanted on the Palisade, that isn't there, is auto dimming
and power folding outside rear view mirrors.
Here in Arizona we sometimes have 30 days, in the summer, when temps are above 110
a few of 114 and 115. So Hyundai ships limited dark colored palisades with black interior.
There are buyers for these, But summer time the dealers sell the white with beige interior
before they get to the dealership.
You might be able to get one the first of the year if you order it. People here also like silver
exterior with beige interior, Palisade doesn't make one. They don't send any light colored
exterior palisades with AWD because they think we don't need them, they would sell in the
north US only. Well we get the extreme heat in the summer, But also have dirt sight seeing
roads in the summer, And roads we can't use in winter with out AWD. Yes near flagstaff we
have skiing with up to 10 feet of snow in a winter.
Dealers here are crying for the white/beige color AWD palisade, they can sell as many
as they can get, but are loosing sales, and have dark colored ones setting on the lot. Yes they
will sell most of the dark ones in the winter. That's when Hyundai will send all the light colored
Palisades to Arizona.
2020 Palisade Limited AWD white with tan interior
VIN: KM8R5DHE8LU061864 (IN-TRANSIT)

As this is Sunday and the dealership is not open I could not determine if it was pre ordered. This dealership is 1500 miles away from you.
Please contact Hallmark Hyundai, Hendersonville, TN 615-855-3200

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in the Chicago area and have had the same issue. I pre-ordered mine with a November delivery, but at the same time am looking in case something pops up sooner. The white/beige Limited Palisades pop up in the inventory, but a call to all dealers within 500 miles revealed they were all either sold already or spoken for with a pre-order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am in the Chicago area and have had the same issue. I pre-ordered mine with a November delivery, but at the same time am looking in case something pops up sooner. The white/beige Limited Palisades pop up in the inventory, but a call to all dealers within 500 miles revealed they were all either sold already or spoken for with a pre-order.
Mike Camlin Hyundai in Greensburg, PA. Found on the Hyundai site and it shows on their site too: https://www.mikecamlinhyundai.com/new/Hyundai/2020-Hyundai-Palisade-ed2e40ed0a0e0ae86a58abe421d7046a.htm

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mike Camlin Hyundai in Greensburg, PA. Found on the Hyundai site and it shows on their site too: https://www.mikecamlinhyundai.com/new/Hyundai/2020-Hyundai-Palisade-ed2e40ed0a0e0ae86a58abe421d7046a.htm
I can tell you that for my dealership (which happens to be in the same area of the country as the one you picked), they have cars listed on their website that also shows on Hyundai's website, but that are not yet delivered to them. There is chance that they are not yet pre-sold though, so it's certainly worth a call if you're prepared to buy long distance. Just don't expect the car to be available today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can tell you that for my dealership (which happens to be in the same area of the country as the one you picked), they have cars listed on their website that also shows on Hyundai's website, but that are not yet delivered to them. There is chance that they are not yet pre-sold though, so it's certainly worth a call if you're prepared to buy long distance. Just don't expect the car to be available today.
That's definitely true. This one just happened to show up based on the zip code the site had saved when I was searching before and just happens to be within the 500 miles DBG referenced (though barely). We saw the one we wanted at a dealership on Sunday - they had two others at the same time. A few email exchanges later and we bought in on Wednesday. They had sold the other two the day before. Didn't get a great deal, but was another couple months of searching dozens of dealerships worth saving $1000 bucks? Not to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts