Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.

Just bought a Palisade and extended the 3 years free maintenance by purchasing an additional 4 years for $950 ... before I got a chance to look at the maintenance schedule. Essentially, I paid for 4 oil changes and tire rotations - and the oil changes are only conventional oil.

So, 4 oil changes ($50/change?) and 4 tire rotations ($50/rotation?) plus $50 for doing the air filter changes myself... that's $450. Did I really pay $950 for something that will only cost $450?

I have 30 days to cancel for a full refund but I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts or if my cost estimates were accurate.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
When did you buy your palisade?
if you purchased after feb.1,2020 these are free any way.
Sounds like may be a dealer got-ya charge to me.
Your not getting something for free with any of those maintenance deals
some people buy them so they are added in to the financed payment.
rather than pay as you go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry that you fell into that dealer up sell bs...

STEER AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
I learned my lesson the hard way!!!
CANCEL THAT BOGUS MAINTENANCE DEAL BEFORE THE INK DRYS ON THAT PAPERWORK!

·
Registered
230 Posts
For many years Consumer Reports magazine has advocated AGAINST extended warranties not only for cars but for most products. They very rarely make financial sense. Also, Hyundai warrantee is the best out there so I I really don't see that these plans are at all worth it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
For many years Consumer Reports magazine has advocated AGAINST extended warranties not only for cars but for most products. They very rarely make financial sense. Also, Hyundai warrantee is the best out there so I I really don't see that these plans are at all worth it.
This isn't a warranty, it's a prepaid service plan.

Still a bad deal, but a very different product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, it's good to have my thoughts confirmed. I'm really glad they allow for a cancellation within 30 days. We have to go back to the dealer soon anyway so we will cancel, hopefully it's not too much of a hassle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have taken my 2013 Sonata to the local Tire Kingdom since new. $25 out the door with rotation. Know the manager trust him. Do the math.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy.

Just bought a Palisade and extended the 3 years free maintenance by purchasing an additional 4 years for $950 ... before I got a chance to look at the maintenance schedule. Essentially, I paid for 4 oil changes and tire rotations - and the oil changes are only conventional oil.

So, 4 oil changes ($50/change?) and 4 tire rotations ($50/rotation?) plus $50 for doing the air filter changes myself... that's $450. Did I really pay $950 for something that will only cost $450?

I have 30 days to cancel for a full refund but I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts or if my cost estimates were accurate.

Thank you!
Get you our refund.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very simply if they are offering it to you, it is to their benefit, not yours. It insures you don't take it anywhere else either. Now extended warranty is different. It is essentially an insurance policy that they believe they can beat you and you believe you want to minimize your financial risk. You can make out ahead but mathematically, they will over the long run. Not so with the maint plan. It has to be a dead bang loser for us.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
I was lucky, purchased my Palisade before the Feb.1 Hyundai oil changes were offered, But the dealership I purchased thru always gives everyone 6 free oil changes and maintenance for 3 years on new Palisades.
To be sure I emailed them asking about it. Here is the reply

yes sir you will have the first 6 oil changes as part of your purchase here at Chapman Hyundai. The new current Hyundai offering of the 2 year maintenance started on February 1st which is through Hyundai. So we have you covered here. Hope all is going well for you and your family and you are enjoying your Palisade. I was off yesterday so that is why I am answering you today. Have a great day!!
Regards,
Rafael Felix
909-609-5594
Chapman Hyundai999 W Bell Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85023

1 - 14 of 14 Posts