Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading on the Palisade for about 6 months and have found many opinions. Some of those suggest that the 2020 Limited is relatively the same as the 2021 Calligraphy, I also have seen the reports where they were working the "smell" problem in 2020 so I have been leaning toward 2021...my question: what are the differences in the 2021 Limited vs Calligraphy. Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
I have been reading on the Palisade for about 6 months and have found many opinions. Some of those suggest that the 2020 Limited is relatively the same as the 2021 Calligraphy, I also have seen the reports where they were working the "smell" problem in 2020 so I have been leaning toward 2021...my question: what are the differences in the 2021 Limited vs Calligraphy. Thanks for any help :)
Michelle,

First many with a 2021 still have the smell so you may not be able to avoid it completely with a 2021. Now if the dealer is just getting one then maybe since Hyundai claims they know where the culprits are and has changed the manufacturing process.

Regarding the differences, it's honestly very simple to go to the Hyundai website and compare Trims. You can choose the Limited and Calligraphy and highlight the differences.

If you compare AWD to AWD then the Calligraphy is only $925 more. It's all cosmetic, no add'l features. Some might claim the puddle lights are a feature. But seriously it's all cosmetic, both inside and out. Now if you don't need AWD, then they are starting to deliver Calligraphy FWD which saves another $1700 I believe. Previously Calligraphy was only available in AWD and a few select colors but they have opened that up now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The puddle lights are a feature (yes I call it a feature as it is functionality that is more than cosmetic appearance IMHO) that drove my wife and I to choose the Calligraphy over the Limited considering the small price difference. Is that one feature worth $925 more? I don't think so, but we do want it and like the subtle cosmetic tweaks the Calligraphy has over the Limited.

In short do you want the puddle lamps, if so then you have only one option (Calligraphy). Otherwise you need to decide if the look and feel of a Limited is good enough for you.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
This PDF from Hyundai should help you with the exact differences: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/documents/original/44687-2021MYPalisadePriceSheet08Jan2021.pdf

The differences between Limited and Calligraphy are indeed cosmetic, but since the price difference is only $925, that's a lot of pluses for not much more money. And now that the Calligraphy is available in both FWD and AWD, and with all exterior colors, it's hard to justify the Limited.

Unless of course, you absolutely hate the Calligraphy wheels or grille or trim color differences. But that's entirely subjective (and you can always buy different wheels).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went with limited as I feel the headliner will be easier to keep clean. The puddle lamps is kinda nice, but I wonder if they can be added to the limited's mirrors (the part is only $30). I like the wheels better on the limited. The quilting on the door panels looks nice but likely gets dirtier than the non quilted limited...
I ended up going with the black interior as I don't love the light tan/blue plastic combo... If the darker tan/brown interior option on the Calligraphy was available in colors other than white/black, it might of persuaded me to go that route.
Also, I found what I feel was a decently good deal despite having to ship the car from FL to TX on the limited... if the paperwork ever gets here so I can get it shipped out! (weather delays in Texas).

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
I went with limited as I feel the headliner will be easier to keep clean. The puddle lamps is kinda nice, but I wonder if they can be added to the limited's mirrors (the part is only $30). I like the wheels better on the limited. The quilting on the door panels looks nice but likely gets dirtier than the non quilted limited...
I ended up going with the black interior as I don't love the light tan/blue plastic combo... If the darker tan/brown interior option on the Calligraphy was available in colors other than white/black, it might of persuaded me to go that route.
Also, I found what I feel was a decently good deal despite having to ship the car from FL to TX on the limited... if the paperwork ever gets here so I can get it shipped out! (weather delays in Texas).
Well good thing is, all the colors are now available for the Calligraphy. Obviously this wasn't the case a couple months ago but now it's available with all the same as well as FWD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well good thing is, all the colors are now available for the Calligraphy. Obviously this wasn't the case a couple months ago but now it's available with all the same as well as FWD.
I don’t think all the colors can get the dark tan vs light tan though... only white/black.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
Yeah, I’m buying a graphite with black interior limited...
Which is exactly what the Calligraphy has, :LOL: . Sorry guess I'm confused about you mentioning the other color combos that the Calligraphy doesn't have.

But regardless of the color, yes everything is personal preference. I like the headliner and the wheels. Had them powder coated and think they even look better now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went through this dilemma, Limited vs. Calligraphy. My requirement was AWD with captain seats in second row, but no factory/dealer installed option. Originally, I was going to purchase Limited since extra features for Calligraphy are cosmetic. On the other hand, as some have mentioned, MSRP for Calligraphy is only $925 more than Limited, I decided to get Calligraphy. Once I started to shop around for Calligraphy, I found that all of them had factory/dealer installed options. Most dealers won't go at or below MSRP because it's the top of the line trim. One local dealer even asked for $5K above MSRP. Finally, I found a dealer two hour drive from me, and they offered $1,500 below MSRP, so bought the Calligraphy and been happy with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The plus on the 2021 Limited for me was the wheels and the roof liner. The minus for me on the 2021 Calligraphy was the hideous rims, the little "square" LED between the upper and lower head lamps. It looks out of place being square and breaking the fine elegant lines everywhere else. I also disliked the larger silver plastic looking lower bumper lip.

I did like the longer 3rd brake light on the Calligraphy and the front grill. But the above mentioned negative points persuaded me to get the Limited with little bit of savings which went directly to Tesla stocks lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like the look better on the trim below the Calligraphy, which is called Luxury here.

However we don't have options packages, only 4 trims with set things.

So unless you get the Calligraphy you cannot have the HUD, wireless charging, digital instrument cluster, rear ventilated seats, dual sunroof, rain sensing wipers, 115 volt power outlet, and then all the cosmetic changes.

Cost difference from the 7 seat Luxury to the Calligraphy is $3,475.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The plus on the 2021 Limited for me was the wheels and the roof liner. The minus for me on the 2021 Calligraphy was the hideous rims, the little "square" LED between the upper and lower head lamps. It looks out of place being square and breaking the fine elegant lines everywhere else. I also disliked the larger silver plastic looking lower bumper lip.

I did like the longer 3rd brake light on the Calligraphy and the front grill. But the above mentioned negative points persuaded me to get the Limited with little bit of savings which went directly to Tesla stocks lol
I agree completely with that assessment and am purchasing a limited as well. Having it shipped from FL to TX was the only way I found a deal.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I went 2020 limited because that came with a deal, as well as 0% financing versus a 2021 calligraphy that would have cost more initially and in the long run at), even at 1.9%... Saved a lot all around.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I went 2020 limited because that came with a deal, as well as 0% financing versus a 2021 calligraphy that would have cost more initially and in the long run at), even at 1.9%... Saved a lot all around.
Well, the 2020 Limited is pretty much the 2021 Calligraphy, with better looking wheels. So yeah, no-brainer there.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts

Man I love the extra light on the front, it creates a really cool looking LED line all the way down. Sure it looks slightly out of place when turned off but since all those are the DRLs, it looks cool in my opinion and just makes it look like one light with a radial design. But like everything else, it comes down to the user and personal preference.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man I love the extra light on the front, it creates a really cool looking LED line all the way down. Sure it looks slightly out of place when turned off but since all those are the DRLs, it looks cool in my opinion and just makes it look like one light with a radial design. But like everything else, it comes down to the user and personal preference.
I agree with you. Even though it's cosmetic, I like how it looks on Calligraphy. After all, beauty is in the eye of beholder. ;)

Reactions: blutob2

·
Registered
66 Posts
[

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can save a lot more if you consider the SEL w/ premium & convenience package. Had pretty much the same as the limited & calligraphy. The higher end ones have a extra moonroof, cooled seats, suede headliners, different wheels, and cameras all around just to name a few. The SEL has a better headliner (easier to keep clean) the AC works fine so not sure why the seats need to be cooled, the moonroof is nice but if your driving makes no difference, and even though the cameras are nice both have backup cameras, the cameras that show the sides are nice but who’s looking at the cameras while your turning (pretty risky). The SEL has a switch that allows both mirrors to fold down so you can see the curb when backing up. I guess it’s a matter of $ and how much you want to spend and will you really use the options that your paying for. Worth looking into.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts