Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our 2020 Palisade for about 2 months now and noticed that the suv vibrations slot on start up and at higher speeds. We took it to our locate Hyundai dealer where we bought it and they said it was known that the engines misfire. The kept the vehicle for a week and said it was fixed. As soon as we drove off the lot the vibrations could be felt. We called them back and the stated that we should put some miles on it and that will resolve the issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
You haven't said what kind of vibrations you are talking about
what version se,sel,limited,awd.
Is it steering wheel vibrations?
vibrations felt in gas peddle area?

Go to a different dealership is best advice I can give.
You do not have to stay with same dealer
Call customer service and ask for recommendation
for new dealership. They will know best rated dealerships
in your area

·
Registered
7 Posts
We had our 2020 Palisade for about 2 months now and noticed that the suv vibrations slot on start up and at higher speeds. We took it to our locate Hyundai dealer where we bought it and they said it was known that the engines misfire. The kept the vehicle for a week and said it was fixed. As soon as we drove off the lot the vibrations could be felt. We called them back and the stated that we should put some miles on it and that will resolve the issue.
Same issue at higher speeds. Like driving on a corduroy road. I dont think the company has figured out the cause yet as they are replacing everything from wheels to driveshafts. Unfortunately, our new vehicles spend more time at the dealer than our garage.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm not sure what vibration, but I can say it's not a smooth ride. It's like I can feel the raps when I drive...slow or high speed. Dealership says it's due to the 20" tires and it's normal. I don't think so. I think ita better if you turn off lane assist and blind spot assist. But I dont think its smooth. I have an SEL with all options.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
I traded a Genesis G90 ultimate in on the Palisade.
The G90 had a real soft cushy ride on the highway and around town
because it had an active suspension.
Yes I feel the road dividers and patch jobs in the Palisade, But it is an SUV.
There have been vibrations and problems which need addressing, But I did
not expect to get a BMW or Mercedes active suspension ride at the price
point we are at. If I had wanted that ride I would have spent the $90,000 to
$110,000 to get it.
I got an SUV ride in a very nice SUV that is exactly what I should expect.
We have to expect some problems to arise in a new model, But I don't
think we are getting any more than any manufacture gets in a first year
model or remake.
Mine seems to be great so far and I hope they have most of the bugs
worked out for all the new Palisades and do tsb's on all that have been
sold so yours is as good as mine.
You should rode in my neighbors Cadillac escalade with 22" wheels if
you want to feel bumps. Will take the 20" palisades ride any day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm noticing it too. Both gas pedal and my "dead" foot. No matter low speed or high speed - there's this annoying vibration/tremoring. Not too bad, but just enough to be annoying. I had Lexus RX 350 previously with 20" tires and did not experience anything like this. Will try to take the car into the shop in a few days, let's see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
Take car to a dedicated tire shop like discount tire tell them what is happening, ask them to check tires for runout.
Bridgestone tires are know for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,104 Posts
Some tires can be balanced by road force balancing, but if the tire has runout it needs to be replaced.
Take any report to dealership and let hyundai get permission to replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vibration? Start with the cheapest solve first. Re-Balancing tires would be a great place to start.
The car has 500 miles on it - I will be not be paying a penny out of my pocket to remediate it, hence - will be taking it back to Hyundai and let them come up with a solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts