Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hyper white limited AWD Palisade. I see they are now charging $300.00 extra for the hyper white.
I wasn't going to pay the dealer $695.00 for their ceramic coating.
I decided to do my own ceramic coating for a total of $75.00 and a little elbow grease.
With the new palisade was pretty easy, easier than the wax jobs I used to do.
The dealer did the coating on my last car and this came out so much better.
The hyper white Hyundai paint with the ceramic coating is spectacularly beautiful
speckles and just super slick feeling and shiny. feels better than glass
Cleans like it doesn't get dirty

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my hyper white limited AWD Palisade. I see they are now charging $300.00 extra for the hyper white.
I wasn't going to pay the dealer $695.00 for their ceramic coating.
I decided to do my own ceramic coating for a total of $75.00 and a little elbow grease.
With the new palisade was pretty easy, easier than the wax jobs I used to do.
The dealer did the coating on my last car and this came out so much better.
The hyper white Hyundai paint with the ceramic coating is spectacularly beautiful
speckles and just super slick feeling and shiny. feels better than glass
Cleans like it doesn't get dirty
What brand name of ceramic coating did you use? Do you have a link for it? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
193 Posts
Gene I am glad it came out great for you its all in the prep and the dealer had some flunky who had no idea what he was doing if you get a chance post a picture.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I used color n drive car ceramic coating kit from Amazon. It is easy to use and being new car didn't need much prep, just a good washing. I did try in small section to see how long to let set before buffing by hand with included cloth. They say let set 1 minute but 30 sec are plenty and don't let it set. Get it buffed off fast. Is difficult to buff if left on long.
That is why they say do in small 2ft x 2ft sections.
apply with sponge pad, wipe around with damp micro fiber cloth so it gets even coating. then buff with micro fiber cloth. If you do only part of car the stop till the next day. Wash the sponge pad really good because it will get hard over night. There were 2 in the kit I purchased so no problem. Don't put more than 8 drops on sponge at a time, as long as you can see it that is enough. Directions came with it.
Will add some pictures later

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed while looking at many of the car stickers on every dealer's web site in California, that with the Hyper White color some of the stickers, on the RH side of the page under the heading ADDED FEATURES: had "Hyper White (WC9) paint" with an up charge of $300.00. Most of the Hyper White cars that I saw did not have this notation and up charge so maybe this $300.00 is the ceramic coating. My dealer removed it and did not charge me. But I think the (WC9) refers to something different than the normal Hyper White on cars where this charge does not show up. I agree the paint is absolutely fabulous!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I noticed while looking at many of the car stickers on every dealer's web site in California, that with the Hyper White color some of the stickers, on the RH side of the page under the heading ADDED FEATURES: had "Hyper White (WC9) paint" with an up charge of $300.00. Most of the Hyper White cars that I saw did not have this notation and up charge so maybe this $300.00 is the ceramic coating. My dealer removed it and did not charge me. But I think the (WC9) refers to something different than the normal Hyper White on cars where this charge does not show up. I agree the paint is absolutely fabulous!
The $300 charge is a new charge for the Hyper White paint. Hyundai revised prices in early January and added a cost to that particular paint color. It is the only one that now costs money to get.

Prices also went up across the board (+$225), and the freight charge went up to $1120. See this thread: Palisade prices up by $225 - Hyper White now costs $300

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are 2 photos of the white Palisade with ceramic coating in the evening, when light isn't that great
DSC02078.JPG
DSC02082.JPG

·
Registered
132 Posts
The WC9 is just the internal code for the Hyper White paint. All the colors have the codes assigned to them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fan of Kamikaze ISM. Have done my 540, Santa Fe and brother’s M2. My 540 is going on 2 yrs, still beads like nothing I’ve ever used, despite Cleveland winters. Will probably coat Pallisade l
Limited in graphite, if I go that route. Very tempted to wait for GV80

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you do any paint correction before applying? I know most places will do this or offer as the slightest imperfections can be enhanced with the coating.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up the Palisade took it home 6 miles. Went all over the car, looking and with my hand. Car felt so nice I only washed dried and applied ceramic. I know a lot of people will say, OH don't do that. 3 months from now no one will ever guess.
If I had driven the Palisade so it had marks or bad spots, I would have taken care of them first, But paint job was so near perfect I didn't feel I had to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wash, Paint polish Rupes yellow pads, or Lake Co white, with Sonax polish, wipe down with Gyeon prep. Apply coating.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The kit I purchased had the spray on wipe off prep for before ceramic coating

1 - 15 of 15 Posts