Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post to the forum. We're looking at several 2021 mid sized SUVs and have narrowed it down to Palisade, Telluride, Explorer and Highlander. Have ruled out GV80, Encore, and others with small 3rd row seating. Looking now most closely at the Palisade so joined just now. In SE Texas and looks like Houston for most dealers. One GMC dealer in Conroe also sells Hyundai. Will post some questions in appropriate forum.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Highlander doesn't have as much room in the back and isn't as modern interior wise. They're fantastic values if you're leasing though. Way cheaper than any of the other choices.

Explorer really went down market for the current version with interior quality and such.

Palisade and Telluride are two sides of the same coin, although Kia dealers seem to be still charging a good bit more than the Palisade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really leaning to the Palisade for just those reasons. I found the Explorer to feel cheap inside but it does have a lot of room and the trim we would choose comes with ~75 more ponies than the Telluride or Palisade. We may wait til the King Ranch trim comes in another month. As for the Highlander, it has the same issue as the GV80 (really small 3rd row). Plus it comes with a $20k hit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Absolutely love my Palisade. We have a 2020 model, and it seems like the 2021 is even better (pre wired 7 pin and such). We bought ours from Texan Hyundai south of Sugar Land, and the buying experience was absolutely perfect. No pushy sales people or anything like that. We actually left to think about it for a day, and they didn't even call and try to push a sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post to the forum. We're looking at several 2021 mid sized SUVs and have narrowed it down to Palisade, Telluride, Explorer and Highlander. Have ruled out GV80, Encore, and others with small 3rd row seating. Looking now most closely at the Palisade so joined just now. In SE Texas and looks like Houston for most dealers. One GMC dealer in Conroe also sells Hyundai. Will post some questions in appropriate forum.
I just bought my first Hyundai,and I love it.Went from a 2007 Yukon XL into a 2021 Palisades Calligraphy. Love the ride and the safety features. I bought the Sierra Burgundy .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was referring to the GV80 being $20k over the Palisade if you get the trim that matches. $20K plus the Prestige+ GV80 comes with a sophisticated computer controlled suspension. Too rich for our blood

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read/watched every review I could find and virtually all of them have Telluride/Palisade first and second, and it isn't really close. I thought of then getting out and looking more closely at the competition but didn't for three reasons: (1) Hyundai does an especially good job on the technology (infotainment and safety) and that is really important to me; (2) I've had two other Hyundai vehicles before the Palisade and been VERY happy with both of them, especially in terms of reliability (seems I only visit the dealership for oil changes); and, (3) when you start reading surveys of reliability, customer satisfaction, initial quality, IIIHS safety ratings, etc., Hyundai is virtually always in the top 10, and often in the top 5. And this doesn't even consider the overall value.

On Palisade vs Telluride, I think it is mostly a styling thing that causes Telluride to be more in demand, and if you prefer the style, then you should go with Telluride. There are little things that make me prefer Palisade. I live in Michigan and I love a heated steering wheel, which you can't get on Telluride, at least last time I looked. And at least in 2020, Telluride didn't have the Homelink (or whatever name it goes by) that allows you to program your garage door opener into the vehicle, and it also didn't allow you to start the vehicle, lock doors, etc., from an app on your phone (that may have changed in 2021).

·
Registered
9 Posts
We came from a 2008 Highlander Hybrid that was an awesome vehicle that only ever needed regular maintenance but it was dated and the wife wanted to look around. We started with another Hylander Hybrid but it still felt dated so we started looking at others.

Telluride looked good to us but at the time dealers were selling at $5k more than sticker price and I never pay sticker price. On the exterior styling you can see the Telluride mimic's the Range Rover.

As others have said the Palisade had more features we liked and find the exterior to slightly mimic the Audi. In the end I found a dealer that was willing to negotiate lower than sticker price on a Palisade so we went that way and never looked back.

I don't get to drive it much but the wife really likes it and we hope it lasts us at least 12-13 years like our previous Highlander.

Good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the padisade calligraphy this past week. Took us a whole month to decide if we wanted a Hyundai. No other suv came close to features and price. Got a white on blk at sticker price. Other dealer wanted 3k over sticker. No regrets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts