Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am 6'5". I can see the speed but not the top of the HUD data (w/o scrunching down in the seat). If I set it any higher than 1, more of the HUD disappears.
So...can the service department mechanically set the HUD to appear better for a tall person? ie, can they physically change the position so that from my eye-point, I can see the entire HUD? it is obvious that any setting that is available from the display doesn't move the HUD to a position that works well for me. Other brands' HUD's show up just fine for me.

Secondarily, my wife is 5'2". Is there a way, other than using the touchscreen, to reset the HUD from her settings, to mine, or vice versa? It takes too many clicks to change the HUD position thru the touchscreen.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I am 6'5". I can see the speed but not the top of the HUD data (w/o scrunching down in the seat). If I set it any higher than 1, more of the HUD disappears.
So...can the service department mechanically set the HUD to appear better for a tall person? Other brands' HUD's show up just fine for me.

Secondarily, my wife is 5'2". Is there a way, other than using the touchscreen, to reset the HUD from her settings, to mine, or vice versa? It takes too many clicks to change the HUD position thru the touchscreen.
Regarding the second question, use the memory function that remembers the seat position. It also remembers the HUD position.

I don't know the answer to your first question, but I suspect not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just found that in the manual I downloaded. The sales guy didn't know much. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
@David_ try lowering your seating position. I am 6'8" and I can see the whole HUD. But I sit with the rear portion of the seat all the way down. And the back rest is tilted back a tad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@David_ try lowering your seating position. I am 6'8" and I can see the whole HUD. But I sit with the rear portion of the seat all the way down. And the back rest is tilted back a tad.
I have a long torso. the seat is all the way down and pretty far back. I can't change the seating position any lower or set it at a different distance from the dash and drive comfortably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts