Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mostly flat highway driving and I typically drive like an old fart trying to see if I can’t get the best mileage and still nothing changes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Strange, we had a similar problem years ago in a Pontiac, turned out we had a dragging brake pad.

Is your AWD? Ours is and we keep it in the Smart drive mode.

·
Registered
91 Posts
FWD - and been playing around with smart and comfort. Mostly smart but also have a lot of kind of a dragging feeling from tranny. Maybe it’s brakes. But I noticed this before I painted my brakes. I wonder if sanding them and cleaning them would help. I’m just hoping the auto hold isn’t causing an issue. Maybe I’ll try turning it off completely and see if that helps. Could be that not disengaging completely after a stop???? At this point it could be a number of things. I used to work on cars for a living. Everything looks clean. Not finding any gas leaks or any vacuum leaks I can hear or see. It’s either tranny , brakes, or really crappy fuel

·
Registered
Palisade Ultimate
9 Posts
So many different readings here.
My Palisade Ultimate giving me 28 MPG. Is this normal? I feel this is almost the same of my Lexus LX which is V8 5 plus liter engine. Never have I seen it going close to 24-25MPG.
My driving:
Mostly city ride- 60-70 KM/H zones
AC on
ECO mode
Light foot.
RPM mostly below 2
10K driven on the car.
Rarely idling
Tyre pressure checked
One Driver.

Can there be any issue with the car?

·
Registered
Palisade Ultimate
9 Posts
My bad, I just messed up the conversion here. I was trying to convert L/100 and got it all wrong lol. Mine is giving 12.5 - 13.1 L/100 which I guess is about 23 miles per gallon or 17-18 miles per US Gallon.

If you are getting 20 - Ouch. I feel better, but seen people getting here 26 in city which makes me feel, wtf is with my Palisade.

·
Banned
674 Posts
Ours was getting worse over time which surprised me. We were getting 28mpg on steady highway driving when we first purchased and struggling to get above 25mpg once we got above 16K miles. Thought it was summer versus winter gas, but the latest comparison was June 2019 versus June 2020.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone getting horrible gas mileage? Last 5 fill ups I’m avg 16mpg. No check engine light so dealer said they can’t do anything. Kind of BS considering the sticker says 19 to 24. Not even close to sticker. Only time I’ve gotten sticker was on first tank brand new. Ever since it’s been crap
Same issue here. I see your post is two month old. Did it get any better after?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I live in a hilly area and get under 13mpg if I’m only driving around town. Hahah
Awful, and that’s the computer indicated mileage which is usually a couple of mpg optimistic.
on the highway I cruise at 80 and get 25mpg, again though, that’s computer indicated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same issue here. I see your post is two month old. Did it get any better after?
I swapped out exhaust but I also have bigger wheels now but after exhaust I'm actually pretty close to factory numbers now...haven't even done my first oil change yet so that may help also after that

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
22 Posts
I swapped out exhaust but I also have bigger wheels now but after exhaust I'm actually pretty close to factory numbers now...haven't even done my first oil change yet so that may help also after that
Swapped out? with OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket what brand and what was your goal? Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts

Dual exhaust. Totally different than stock is what I was going for. Running a Magnaflow resonator into Magnaflow single into dual outlet then rest is straight pipe out to tips. Sounds good under load and has a little rumble. Wanted more growl but with the car I tried a few different variations and this one is not the loudest which I would prefer more sound but with sound came a ton of drone. That I did not want. Took three different ways to get to this setup. Digging it. Great at highway speed and it feels like car has less load when getting up to speed.

·
Registered
508 Posts
how the heck do you get out of your car after parking it?!? hahahah

Our Palisades don't have "smaht pahk" yet!
hahaha

·
Registered
91 Posts
how the heck do you get out of your car after parking it?!? hahahah

Our Palisades don't have "smaht pahk" yet!
hahaha

Angle makes it look like that and I did park off here but on driver side no issues and i usually pull out to get kids in. Don’t trust them opening doors in garage. Lol.

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
22 Posts
View attachment 1738

Dual exhaust. Totally different than stock is what I was going for. Running a Magnaflow resonator into Magnaflow single into dual outlet then rest is straight pipe out to tips. Sounds good under load and has a little rumble. Wanted more growl but with the car I tried a few different variations and this one is not the loudest which I would prefer more sound but with sound came a ton of drone. That I did not want. Took three different ways to get to this setup. Digging it. Great at highway speed and it feels like car has less load when getting up to speed.
Wow, looks great! Well done.
If you get a chance post a vid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone getting horrible gas mileage? Last 5 fill ups I’m avg 16mpg. No check engine light so dealer said they can’t do anything. Kind of BS considering the sticker says 19 to 24. Not even close to sticker. Only time I’ve gotten sticker was on first tank brand new. Ever since it’s been crap
Same thing here i did three fill ups and i only get 235 miles for the whole tank thats about 14.5 mpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't know what could be going wrong. I have over 30,000 miles on mine and over that time mine is 23.8 mpg.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Palisade gets worse mileage than my Odyssey. With all the short trips (thanks Covid) and hills I live in, I will find a tank average at 12.5 mpg.

Highway mileage is much better, but I don’t trust the onboard computer either. The computer is usually a bit optimistic.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts