Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OMFG!!!!! excuse the language but I just figured out the problem...stupid me. I have a rear bumper guard and it's confusing the back sensors! no wonder it's giving this stupid beep sound as it thinks I am super close to an object. Took off the bumper guard, and no sound when backing up! But I really want to keep the bumper guard on. Thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have an SEL too. Though my SEL has no options.
Try going too:
GO to Driver Assistance, Parking Safety
• Rear Cross-Traffic Safety
To activate or deactivate the Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning function.

Note as I do not have drivers package my AV system only has AV settings. All my other settings are in Center 4.5/7 inch screen between Speedo/Tach.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Haaa we Cross posted. Yeah I wanted a bumper guard too but all the sensors make tough. Maybe one of these rubber flappy scrappy things that hangs down over bumper but only use when your parking in a public place.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
LOL...yes crossed post. but I have the bumper guards that hangs down. It's big so it covered the sensors. it's the flappy ones. I would hate to have to go to the back of the car and pull it out every time I park. Live in Brooklyn, NY and I park in public quite a lot. Thanks for the help though.

Wife just said she rather get the annoying sound than get scratches on the bumper. Too bad no way to lower the volume. The only way it seems is to turn off the parking assist function but that has to be done every time I park.

·
Registered
753 Posts
OMFG!!!!! excuse the language but I just figured out the problem...stupid me. I have a rear bumper guard and it's confusing the back sensors! no wonder it's giving this stupid beep sound as it thinks I am super close to an object. Took off the bumper guard, and no sound when backing up! But I really want to keep the bumper guard on. Thanks all for the help.
To be fair, it did show you why it was beeping. It's very clear on your video. See the section that shows up red on the display? It tells you that it is sensing an obstacle in that area. You can see the other sections (for each sensor) are black. And the beep was constant because it thought you were extremely close to the obstacle. It is an intermittent beep that varies in frequency depending on how far from the obstacle you are. Perhaps you're not familiar with these systems, but you're meant to look at the display to see what sensors are triggering the beeping.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Haa if I was parking in BK or anywhere in NYC I would probably get a bumper for my Bumper:). For the front they sell those rubber thick Lic plate holders. I have really skinny rubber one that would only help with gentlest love tap. In the rear the sell tow hitch Ts, they also sell whole extra metal bumper things etc. Not sure if they're any threads here for ideas in front and rear bump protection products that don't interfere with sensors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No question it's a definite malfunction. Dealership needs your car to investigate and it's possibly a software issue. Good luck

·
Registered
725 Posts
A drill will do a pretty good job of making a round hole in the right spot. Just make sure you take the protector off first!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok maybe I am confusing some people. I have an SEL with all the options. When I back up and even though nothing is behind me, the back sound (the sound just keeps going, not intermittently). That's the backup sound. I find the sound to be annoying and useless so I want to turn it off or at least lower the volume to really low. The only way I see this being done is by turning off the parking assist button (the button with the letter P and a triangle, cone pic). The problem is you have to do this every time you park. I guess I can try the stick a paper or folded paper to the button like the "auto engine on/off" trick. But wanted if there was another solution.

The intermittent sound when you are backing up only comes up when you are close to an object. But I am referring to the long non stop backup sound. I guess if possible I would want to turn off all the parking assist sounds. Just don't like the inconvenience of having to press that button every time I want to park.

·
Registered
725 Posts
That sound is the reverse sensors detecting an object. Do you have anything on or near the sensor(s) on the rear obscuring it? Maybe some debris that's built up or a sticker over it or anything like that on the back of the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok maybe I am confusing some people. I have an SEL with all the options. When I back up and even though nothing is behind me, the back sound (the sound just keeps going, not intermittently). That's the backup sound. I find the sound to be annoying and useless so I want to turn it off or at least lower the volume to really low. The only way I see this being done is by turning off the parking assist button (the button with the letter P and a triangle, cone pic). The problem is you have to do this every time you park. I guess I can try the stick a paper or folded paper to the button like the "auto engine on/off" trick. But wanted if there was another solution.

The intermittent sound when you are backing up only comes up when you are close to an object. But I am referring to the long non stop backup sound. I guess if possible I would want to turn off all the parking assist sounds. Just don't like the inconvenience of having to press that button every time I want to park.

My car is having this exact problem! What did you do? When I back up and even though nothing is behind me, the back sound (the sound just keeps going, not intermittently).

21 - 40 of 47 Posts