Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So not sure what trim level you have. But all Hyundai’s I have owned. 11 sonata limited 2.0t/nav 14 sonata lmtd/ultimate 15 sonata sport 2.0t/ultimate (sunset orange) awesome color. 2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0/ultimate 2019 Santa Fe 2.0T/ultimate, 2019 Genesis sport 3.3t and now the 2020 palisade limited Htrac have had a button to turn off sensors for parking. Look for a triangle on the center console for a button with a P and triangle. Push that and disables the sound. Just be warned defaults back to armed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Safeplayer - I have a Limited and here's how to adjust the volume on warning sounds (don;t know if SEL is the same):1. go to Setup and push button 2. select Vehicle 3. Select Driver Assist
4. scroll til you see Warning Volume. You'll see, loud, normal, and low

Lemme know if this works for you Good luck

Howard

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Howard. Yes I've found that option and I've put it on "off" but when I back up, I still get the backup sound. It is kind of useless and annoying for me. So there is no way to lower the volume or turn if off at all?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the only way to turn off that sound is by pressing the parking assist button on the center console like medicbear said. But it turns it back on every time after I parked. Crap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Safeplayer I am now confused about your concern - the backup warning should only sound when you are approaching something or someone as a warning to you. Is your warning going on as you normally backup without anything in your way? If so then that shouldn't be happening, If it's as I said, then you would want it to alert you, right?

·
Registered
416 Posts
In settings I believe there are alert volume setting. Alerts themselves are helpful but totally agree there are places its evil like backing out of my driveway which is at 2 way intersection with two stop signs. Always cars there to play "chicken" with backing out really slowly to edge of driveway or you never get to go.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok maybe I am confusing some people. I have an SEL with all the options. When I back up and even though nothing is behind me, the back sound (the sound just keeps going, not intermittently). That's the backup sound. I find the sound to be annoying and useless so I want to turn it off or at least lower the volume to really low. The only way I see this being done is by turning off the parking assist button (the button with the letter P and a triangle, cone pic). The problem is you have to do this every time you park. I guess I can try the stick a paper or folded paper to the button like the "auto engine on/off" trick. But wanted if there was another solution.

The intermittent sound when you are backing up only comes up when you are close to an object. But I am referring to the long non stop backup sound. I guess if possible I would want to turn off all the parking assist sounds. Just don't like the inconvenience of having to press that button every time I want to park.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Try turning off rear cross traffic alert, see if that stops the sound.
If you back out of a garage or back past a fence, that could go off.
If not take to dealer, one of the sensors may be out of the bracket
it is inserted in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When u guys put the car into reverse, do you get backup sound? And when u get near an object, you get the beeps. I'm referring to the backup sound. I want that turned off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is weird. This annoying beeps only comes on when I put the car into reverse. And can only be turned off if I turn off the parking assist feature (the button in the pic). But it automatically turns back on once i park. Sux

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts