Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is part 1 and 2 of my 3 part video series on my channel where I'll should how I am upgrading the stereo in our Palisade for about $500. This is an SEL Palisade so base stereo.

Here is part 1, where I should step by step how to remove the front door panels.

Here is part 2, where I should step by step how to remove the rear door panels.

Overall these doors are VERY easy to remove. Hope this helps you all tackle your projects!

Thanks,

WF41

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here is part 1 and 2 of my 3 part video series on my channel where I'll should how I am upgrading the stereo in our Palisade for about $500. This is an SEL Palisade so base stereo.

Here is part 1, where I should step by step how to remove the front door panels.

Overall these doors are VERY easy to remove. Hope this helps you all tackle your projects!

Thanks,

WF41
Excellent instructional video, thanks for sharing. At the perforation you made to feed the cable through, did you seal with silicone caulking?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a silly question ; what resistance speakers must be bought to replace the originals ? Every speaker I check on Crutchfield, a message pops up saying that 4 ohms speakers will result in having lower volume output ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a silly question ; what resistance speakers must be bought to replace the originals ? Every speaker I check on Crutchfield, a message pops up saying that 4 ohms speakers will result in having lower volume output ?
If you were going from 8 ohm to 4 ohm the sound would be louder per radio setting. However, some amplifiers do not like lower resistance speakers, it could cause overheating of the amplifier.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You will have to test the factory speakers. Use an Ohm meter on the speaker posts (disconnected), that will give you the static resistance, either 4-6-8 ohms. In actuality, the impedance changes with frequency, so your static measurement will be the one to go by.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks,

WF41
Thanks for these videos.
Can you post for sub as well?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts