Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to hear about your experiences financing – did you take a loan? How was that process?

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just used the factory 1.9% - it was relatively painless process - just filled out some paperwork at the dealer. Our credit union couldn't touch the rate. We had a large downpayment from a totaled vehicle, and our credit is very good. It can be hard for banks to go as low as the subsidized 'teaser' rates the factory offers.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
122 Posts
We did the 1.9% though Hyundai. It was available for up to, I believe, five years and we took it for four. Shockingly, our whole experience was excellent. I generally hate the finance department but the one we dealt with was amazing, he didn't try to sell us anything extra and it all went super fast.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine was a little longer. They really, really, pushed the extended warranty. I believe that they did so because the car I traded was still covered by one so they wouldnt take no for an answer. Ultimately, they won, I bought the extended warranty....at a price about 2.75 times less than they came in with. In addition, they gave me an out the door price but it slightly adjusted toward the end because of gap insurance...which I didn't need because of my down payment. Just a note if you plan on financing for 5 years, I would recommend calling your own car insurance company and asking them to price you gap insurance. It should be roughly the same amount the dealer/Hyundai is offering but the difference is you will have the flexibility to remove it from your policy and are not locked in on it for the full 5 years you are paying off the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used Hyundai's 1.9% for 5 years. I put down 20%. Plan to pay off early. Financing department was quick and easy. My investments earn me more than 1.9% so why pay cash. I'm only paying off early because I'll be retiring.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ours was easy and I have excellent credit. Got the Hyundai financing for 0%, 48 months... Sending $1k a month as our only payment, so not too bad.

Financing guy didn't try too hard for anything extra when I was like, it's zero percent, 48 months, b-please... 😆

Might... Might... Buy the extended warranty ($1400) from the lady recommended on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts