Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard as I have tried, I cannot figure out how to change the interval for the service/maintenance warning. Apparently my Palisade is set to remind me of maintenance according to the "Severe Usage Conditions," but I think the normal conditions are more appropriate for us. Therefore, I would like to change the setting so that the vehicle warns me to change the oil at 7500 miles instead of 3750 miles. The owner's manual seems to mention that this can be changed, but I just cannot find the setting. I have a Limited model. I would be grateful if someone could let me know how to access it (assuming it is possible).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll look at my Limited menus tomorrow morning but I expect you've already gone thru the menu pages ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey JCS - go to youtube and type in Palisade service interval setting and you'll be able to do what you want, very simple procedure, again from the digital menu options. Hope this helps

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah - it is under "Cluster." Thanks so much. Appears the factory setting is 5000 miles, but owner's manual states 7500. Not sure why the difference?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can also deactivate the reminder if you don't want to see it, which I'll probably do as I never need reminders due to being very anal about servicing my cars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ah - it is under "Cluster." Thanks so much. Appears the factory setting is 5000 miles, but owner's manual states 7500. Not sure why the difference?
Manual states 7500 miles for "normal" conditions, and 3750 miles for "severe" (it should be noted that most people will fall under their definition of severe, whether they know it or not). Don't know why it was set at 5000, coulda been the dealership or some salesperson during a test drive or demonstration, etc. since the setting can be easily changed by anyone. I wouldn't consider that "factory" setting. In any case, with GDI engines, I wouldn't push the oil change interval too much, even with full synthetics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts