Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
While our Lane Keep and Adaptive Cruise Control is pretty close to self driving, I’d never set it on the highway and climb into the back seat. I feel like we have about 90% accuracy and it’s that 10% that takes you through the guardrails down the side of the mountain. So, after having this system which is pretty good but not perfect, would you let a Tesla drive you door to door without constantly watching? I’m still a long way from that.
What I found regarding Lane Keep and Adaptive Cruise Control was much less driving fatigue after a 500 mile trip. I really enjoy the system "backing up" my driving skills during a long trip and as a senior driver, I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love it and use it often driving around Los Angeles, CA. I mostly use it on freeways though, and not streets. There are too many unpredictable drivers and pedestrians to trust it on busy streets.

It is such a relief to set it on my commute and it handles all the slow downs and accelerations in traffic without a problem. I still pay close attention but my right leg gets to relax instead of working the brake and accelerator pedals. I never thought I would use such a feature but it has been fantastic.
I’m in Orange County and really like it for stop and go traffic on freeways and through Long Beach (7th street sucks!), my commute to work I think will be a lot nicer and driving home at 3 am, I could definitely use a little help focusing on the road. My eyes get tired at work with lights and everything (longshoreman) so I’m looking forward to letting the car kinda help me out in times like that.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Doug Demuro also said "there's actually quite a bit of room back here behind the 3rd row" about the Toyota Highlander ( spec: 16 cu. ft.) but "not really all that much cargo space" about the Telluride (spec of 21 cu. ft.) which makes me wonder about his objectivity when interpreting the details for us.
Especially when they say the Telluride is a better vehicle!

·
Registered
35 Posts
While our Lane Keep and Adaptive Cruise Control is pretty close to self driving, I’d never set it on the highway and climb into the back seat. I feel like we have about 90% accuracy and it’s that 10% that takes you through the guardrails down the side of the mountain. So, after having this system which is pretty good but not perfect, would you let a Tesla drive you door to door without constantly watching? I’m still a long way from that.
I’d never trust an FSD to drive me without me paying attention to what’s going on. I’ll ride in the driver’s seat and be ready to take control, but we’ve got a long way to go before I’m taking a nap while driving.

I am surprised by how much control I’ve given to the Palisade. It’s a solid system. I watch it like a hawk though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Palisade has drive assist, not self driving, so as a self driving vehicle, I don't trust it at all.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts