Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
861 - 880 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to get into an SEL with some packages. Dealers near me (Bay Area California) asking MSRP +$5K, +$8K for the calligraphy. Neighbor is a sales guy for kia/hyundia/nissan dealership and says he cannot get that down even for himself. I think he's lying, but whatever, not going to use him anyway.

Maybe will give some dealers my list of options and an OTD price and see if anyone calls at the end of the month/quarter?

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
Looking to get into an SEL with some packages. Dealers near me (Bay Area California) asking MSRP +$5K, +$8K for the calligraphy. Neighbor is a sales guy for kia/hyundia/nissan dealership and says he cannot get that down even for himself. I think he's lying, but whatever, not going to use him anyway.

Maybe will give some dealers my list of options and an OTD price and see if anyone calls at the end of the month/quarter?
most dealership are charging a little over MSRP because of the limited supply of Palisades.
Some dealerships do a large volume of Palisades and get a bigger allotment of them so can negotiate a little.
If your selling your car yourself, are you going to sell it for less than you could get if you wait a week.
No your going to sell for the best price you can get. Right now dealerships are getting paid the higher
markup prices. So that is what it is.
Shop around till you get what you want

·
Registered
Limited AWD 2021 Steel Graphite / Beige
6 Posts
Limited AWD. Burns Hyundai NJ. June 2021. Sticker price plus tax. did not qualify for any incentives. Qualified for 0% APR x 48 months. Offered me a 'value pack' for free (detailing coupon, accessories coupon, Triple protection x 1 year) and due to delay in delivery, gave me 30 % off accessories (haven't tried it yet).

Other dealerships in the area either did not have any palisade. one was doing $5k mark up. Another dealership was doing a $10k markup on a DEMO CAR WITH 7500 MILES.

·
Banned
13 Posts
I landed on the Palisade after doing my research on a larger family vehicle. We have a 1 year old and 1 more on the way and my wife needs a larger vehicle to fit the rear-facing convertible car seat. As a new parent, I'm blown away by how large these car seats are! The Palisade checks all of the boxes for us. We test drove a 2021 Calligraphy over the weekend and I was shocked to see a $5k "Market Adjustment Fee" tacked on to the price, along with another $2k of junk fees (appearance package, stain package, etc.). The salesman said that every new car has all of the add-ons listed. In the past, I've always had the option of declining the add-ons but now they simply add it without asking. The appearance package included pinstriping. I didn't even realize that was still a thing, but I would never request it.

I'd love to know if anyone has had any better luck sourcing a Palisade in Florida. At this point, I plan on just waiting for the release of the 2022. Hopefully the 2022 Calligraphy will come equipped with wireless Car Play.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I landed on the Palisade after doing my research on a larger family vehicle. We have a 1 year old and 1 more on the way and my wife needs a larger vehicle to fit the rear-facing convertible car seat. As a new parent, I'm blown away by how large these car seats are! The Palisade checks all of the boxes for us. We test drove a 2021 Calligraphy over the weekend and I was shocked to see a $5k "Market Adjustment Fee" tacked on to the price, along with another $2k of junk fees (appearance package, stain package, etc.). The salesman said that every new car has all of the add-ons listed. In the past, I've always had the option of declining the add-ons but now they simply add it without asking. The appearance package included pinstriping. I didn't even realize that was still a thing, but I would never request it.

I'd love to know if anyone has had any better luck sourcing a Palisade in Florida. At this point, I plan on just waiting for the release of the 2022. Hopefully the 2022 Calligraphy will come equipped with wireless Car Play.
I am on the same boat, I am going to wait for 2022 model and will not pay MSRP for any car. I got a Pilot for 8K below MSRP and planning to trade-in for Palisade when the market comes out of Covid price hikes.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I am on the same boat, I am going to wait for 2022 model and will not pay MSRP for any car. I got a Pilot for 8K below MSRP and planning to trade-in for Palisade when the market comes out of Covid price hikes.
The material (chips etc) shortage is compounding to the supply and demand situation, I don't see it getting back to 'new' normal for another year or so.
The trickle effect can also be seen in the unreal demand for used cars. Some of them are going way over NEW MSRP with quite a bit of miles raked in. It's a phenomenon that's not confined just to Hyundai Motor Group but almost to all manufacturers.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
166 Posts

New Port Richie Hyundai sold at MSRP with no addons. But stock was very limited.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade
15 Posts
Bought my SEL in August 2019 without any packages. Got it for $2500 under MSRP at the time. With $2500 down payment plus title and taxes, I was out the door for $33,000.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Bought a 2022 Palisade SEL AWD CON package + Premium Package for $45,700 OTD.
Traded my 2018 CR-V for $24,000
seems like a great deal for current market

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got our Limited at the end of June for MSRP. We ended up flying to Dallas from New Orleans to get it. Drove it home to New Orleans that day. Even had a chance to stop at the BUC-EE's on I-20 in Terrell, TX on the way home!

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
212 Posts
Net net after $500 vet's discount $1,500 below MSRP on 2022 Calligraphy hyper white and light beige. Dealt only with the General Manager and got what I feel was about $2.000 to $2,500 more for my trade than expected based on !) trying to sell it myself, 2) offer from CarMax and 3) offer from local dealer for my old cars brand. Very happy after all that I've been reading and that calls around indicate that most dealers are getting $2,500 to $7,000 over MSRP

·
Registered
622 Posts
Net net after $500 vet's discount $1,500 below MSRP on 2022 Calligraphy hyper white and light beige. Dealt only with the General Manager and got what I feel was about $2.000 to $2,500 more for my trade than expected based on !) trying to sell it myself, 2) offer from CarMax and 3) offer from local dealer for my old cars brand. Very happy after all that I've been reading and that calls around indicate that most dealers are getting $2,500 to $7,000 over MSRP
Awesome, great deal in these unbelievable times.

·
Registered
380 Posts
1 year ago. Found a white 2020 Palisade loaded with 3,000 miles on the clock at a Dodge dealer. Had added tint, 7 pin trailer hitch, 10 year bumper to bumper warranty (transferred to me). MSRP on the suv was $48k. Got it after a little negotiation for $45k even. Happy as can be a year later. Carmax has the exact same suv (minus extras) now for $55k used!. Never has that happened in my life!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Had been looking at Telluride/ Palisade for nearly 2 years, I wanted the Palisade. The dealer here (he owns all of the dealerships in town except Toyota) had spotty inventory. Had been following the used car prices and they kept going up FAST. One day I was in town and there was a white SEL FWD loaded sitting on the lot. The salesman I had been talking to came out and said this just came in on a dealer trade. So we sat down and got busy. Come to find out, my 2011 F150 was worth only $6,000 less than I paid for it 10 years ago....lol. So, I paid retail, less all of the accessories (lots of them) and I wrote the check. I drove home for $46,200 less my trade of $24,000. However, my trade was considered "still in the wrapper" by the used car guy, it really looked like new. Happy to get what I wanted for the price I didn't expect.....

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
212 Posts
Let me know what kind of deals you got for 1) AWD SEL with Premium and Convenience package. 2) AWD Caligraphy
Thanks
AWD Calligraphy $1.500 below MSRP counting Veterans Discount on 8/14/21

861 - 880 of 915 Posts