Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

841 - 854 of 854 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi All. This is a bit old but I figured I'll share (again). Got the car in Brooklyn, NY. I got my black exterior, gray interior 2020 SEL AWD, bench seating, with ALL the options in December 2019 for $45,189 total OUT THE DOOR price (yes, taxes included 8.875%). Now remember, this was December 2019 when it was one of the hottest vehicle to get.

dealer also threw in the rubber all weather mats (even though it came with carpets), but the weather mats did not have a 3rd row piece (weird), wheel locks and grocery net.

I thought this was a very good deal at the time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I gave up on Palisade and bought a Pilot instead for around 8K below MSRP.

It's no way close to Palisade, but saved me lot of money. I will trade-in Pilot for Calligraphy once they start selling under invoice.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It's no way close to Palisade, but saved me lot of money. I will trade-in Pilot for Calligraphy once they start selling under invoice.
It sucks you have to settle for something that you are not completely happy with. Not sure where you are from but if you are willing to travel there are many deals to be had

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, you might have to keep your Pilot forever then. Ha ha. If you haven't noticed, SUVs are all the rage right now, so I really doubt you'll ever see the Palisade/Telluride sell under invoice. Under MSRP, maybe, but not now. And not when Kia dealers are asking 5 grand over MSRP for Tellurides (which are a lesser vehicle than the Palisade IMO, and cost practically the same). I've never paid MSRP for a vehicle in my 59 years, but this might be the first. Ha ha. I just need to make sure dealer doesn't want to tack on $500 doc fee, or other crap like that. The few I found with $1K under MSRP was just bait, as they had $1,500 in 'protection package' (give me a freaking break), so actually selling over MSRP.

My local dealer said they'd sell a FWD Calligraphy white/brown-beige arriving in 3-4 weeks at MSRP. I told them I'd only pay $150 for doc fee, and nothing else (obviously TTL, but no fees), so we'll see. I'll keep looking for SUV/car alternatives, but doubt I'll find a better value. Wanted something quieter, but apparently, I'd have to pay to the wazoo for that, and not going to do it.
Yes, a stretch to be paying MSRP but Hyundai and Kia (really same company) have introduced a well-built/feature and affordable family SUV. I guess you can hate them but both vehicles came at the right time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to all on this forum who have posted their price paid as it was very helpful in negotiating my deal. So I'm paying it forward for the next Palisade owner by posting my price.

Trim: 2021 Palisade SEL FWD with convenience package & premium package
MSRP: $42,590
Sale Price: $39,000
OTD: $42,900 (after tax & fees, which included FL 6% sales tax & exorbitant $1k dealer fee that FL is known for)

Was able to secure deal right at the end of the month. Dealer was in South FL. Enjoying the new ride. It's a fantastic vehicle.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I thought buyers could only get discounts on higher trims, which are supposed to be harder to sell. So I'd say you got a hell of a deal, especially for the most popular trim. At $3,590 discount, that has to be pretty close to cost, and for sure under invoice. You didn't mention if there was a trade involved (which I guess was the case), which clouds the numbers. But a great deal nonetheless. Congrats.
The higher trims are the most popular ones on Palisades. They get the smallest discounts, if any, of all Palisades.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought buyers could only get discounts on higher trims, which are supposed to be harder to sell. So I'd say you got a hell of a deal, especially for the most popular trim. At $3,590 discount, that has to be pretty close to cost, and for sure under invoice. You didn't mention if there was a trade involved (which I guess was the case), which clouds the numbers. But a great deal nonetheless. Congrats.
No trade involved. Straight purchase. I think deals under MSRP can be found if you have enough dealers in your area (or venture outside your area) to shop around. I shopped several dealers in the area. They all offered MSRP only. One dealer discounted $1500 but had bumped up the sticker almost same amount by adding useless extras like paint protection, nitrogen filled tires, etc. The dealer I did the deal with initially offered MSRP also, and after some back & forth, they claimed $1k was the most they'd discount. I told them I'd do deal at $42k OTD which they balked at, so I walked. They called back later same day willing to do the number I posted above. It was 1 day before end of month so perhaps they needed to meet some sales quota.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Which Pilot model did you buy? Can you please provide the dealer and salesman rep?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. Got mine SEL AWD with premium package 3 days ago. MSRP 44,240$. Paid 3780$ off sticker using Rodo app. Visited 5 dealers around me. Nobody wanted to go more than 1k off the sticker. Than my friend said he used Rodo for his last lease. After looking at their price decided to give it a shot. Very quick and easy. Their offer was 3280$ off, plus I got 500$ off as a healthcare worker. Total 3780$ off. Dealer fee + dmv fee total 870$. Financed with 1.9%.
Placed order on Tuesday afternoon, Friday took vehicle home from dealer. I’m in NYC. Vehicle from NJ dealer.
Could you please confirm the dealer and sales rep name in NJ?

841 - 854 of 854 Posts