Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

801 - 820 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
'21 Calligraphy AWD Moonlight Cloud w/Beige Interior
45,190 plus $715 accessories (wheel locks, cargo package, carpeted floor mats, cargo cover, rear bumper applique). Could not negotiate on accessories as according to dealer these were factory installed and had to get the car from another dealer. Guess either blue is not as popular as others OR its difficult to keep them in stock because of popularity?. Installed running boards for another $800 for kids. Overall, happy with the purchase. Got 1.9% w/hyundai financing but can even go lower to 1.4% w/some credit unions with direct deposit. add 325 for govt. fees, another 300 doc fees (license plates/registration) and 3300 taxes. Wanted to break it below 45K but guess I am being too optimistic. All in all 50,630 OTD (w/running boards installed) or 49,830 OTD w/o running boards.
Is this $3k under MSRP. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this $3k under MSRP. Thanks
After options, MSRP comes out to be 49,650. Subtract $400 (new college grad) and $500 (first responder), new MSRP comes out to be 48,750. I paid 45905 (before tax), so $2845 under msrp. But truly it would be about $2300-$2400 as the options are way overpriced. Also the dealer fees (300) and license/registration (300) in Illinois would be different in other states.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys! First time poster here.

I am looking to buy a 2021 Limited in southern California. My current best price is $52,000 OTD.
I have no idea if this is a good offer or not. I want to negotiate it lower, but don't know what is a good target price should be.
Could someone please give me advices?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello guys! First time poster here.

I am looking to buy a 2021 Limited in southern California. My current best price is $52,000 OTD.
I have no idea if this is a good offer or not. I want to negotiate it lower, but don't know what is a good target price should be.
Could someone please give me advices?

Thanks in advance!
Damn. Are you getting anything off of MSRP?
I got my SEL with premium and convenience package at invoice price, about $2200 off of MSRP.
This is NorCal, platinum Tracy Hyundai.
I wa shopping in SoCal as well and learnt that SoCal dealers are charging above MSRP.

if you want to do a little bit of drive, check out Tracy Hyundai. I worked with Brett at Tracy platinum Hyundai and and he was easy to work with

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn. Are you getting anything off of MSRP?
I got my SEL with premium and convenience package at invoice price, about $2200 off of MSRP.
This is NorCal, platinum Tracy Hyundai.
I wa shopping in SoCal as well and learnt that SoCal dealers are charging above MSRP.

if you want to do a little bit of drive, check out Tracy Hyundai. I worked with Brett at Tracy platinum Hyundai and and he was easy to work with
Thanks so much for the info! i will check them out.

I don't think they took anything off MSRP.

·
Registered
2021 Limited AWD, Rainforest/Black
27 Posts
Thanks so much for the info! i will check them out.

I don't think they took anything off MSRP.
I’m not sure what the market is like in SoCal, but I got my Limited in Central OH for 3K off MSRP. In the Washington, DC area where I moved from, you can get a Limited for around 2K off MSRP for a Limited.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m not sure what the market is like in SoCal, but I got my Limited in Central OH for 3K off MSRP. In the Washington, DC area where I moved from, you can get a Limited for around 2K off MSRP for a Limited.
SoCal pricing is crazy! I laughed at their “$10k” above MSRP pricing and told them to have a nice day

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anyone made a purchase in Canada lately? Looking at the Calligraphy and interested to see what anyone was able to get it for up here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info!
I was able to get 2k under MSRP before incentives for SEL with premium package at Tustin Hyundai. Allen Hyundai also offered the same. By the way. You should either get the SEL with premium or the calligraphy. The 2021 limited is dumbed down compared to previous years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had shopped cars, about 10 different models, and my wife was shopped out! It’s her car. We stumbled on to the palisade while driving back to a Lexus dealer. We’ve never considered a Hyundai. She fell in love with it, it was 10k less then the Lexus and had more features. Market was tight, virus and low inventory here in sc. I called 2 other dealers within a couple hundred miles.....everyone was at msrp.

We caved in and paid msrp.

·
Registered
2020 palisade AWD W/ all options
21 Posts
Ah damn I would buy it today if I can get that in CA. Which state was this? How much did you get off of MSRP? This will help in seeing if taxes play a role in your lower price.
We live in WA state. I’d have to look at MSRP, we just knew we didn’t wanna spend a penny more than $43k so that’s what we told them. They initially tried to get us for almost $49k

·
Registered
21 Posts
@mainer904, any 2020 Limiteds around? I can only really speak toward the 2020 Limited...as I am not verse on what the other, esp 2021, levels do/dont have. What caused me to respond...are the two dealers aware you are comparing vehicles? I would pit them against one another...but without laying all my cards out on the table. Say you want the Limited...I would ask if that is the best they could do. I would tell them that you have another offer for an SEL and that the model is not the issue, the price is. Do you need all the gimmicks? I would ask them to price you without them. You could probably pick them up cheaper down the road...or renegotiate them back in later. Honestly, I didnt know window tinting was extra. In the 2020 Limited it was standard. I would ask why tinting was extra when you built the car on Hyundai's website and it wasnt an add-on there. I passed on the wheel locks, the window etching and I told them to take out the gap insurance ($13 extra in the monthly payment). Call your current insurance company and ask them to price you for gap insurance. The benefit is now you can remove it from your policy after a year or 2 and you are not stuck paying for it for the life of the loan. Are you trading in your vehicle? If you are, I wouldnt tell them till the very end when you are doing paperwork. If they know ahead then they might not be as willing to lower their price. Say you are considering it but at this time, no. Also, if you are trading in, it might be in your best interest to get an appraisal from Subaru (since it is not a Hyundai). Have Subaru write it up. Dont show show Hyundai...and try to negotiate your trade in. They will go lowball blue book and struggle to negotiate off of that. Aim higher but at least you have a minimum, for a match. That trade in is taken from the price of the vehicle before taxes are applied. Your Subaru write up will may ultimately help you to get them to raise their offer. Also. I know you said that you are not interested, but don't hesitate to try to negotiate the warranty to. They will do everything to make it look like it is only $60 extra a month...or whatever added on...and that is like a cup of coffee a day. Pull out your phone and tell them $60/mo for 60 months...that's $3600. There are other options, like increasing the deductible or lessing the level. All and all, I read on this forum a long time ago that the 'true' cost is $1350 total...they had to "call the owner" and in the end we agreed on $1400. Sorry that I basically took the long way to tell you that there are other cost savings then what they appear to be presenting in their offers. And I would NEVER pay for the nitrogen fill up. They will tell you that is so you dont have to keep filling up your tire pressure. It dissipates slower. Reality: I have had my car a year in northern weather changes and the tire pressure hasn't change but the normal pound or two between hot/cold...but not enough to warrant a refill.
Gap coverage can always be cancelled, if purchased through the dealer, at any time as well. Theyll cut you a check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow - if that includes TTL, you got a nice price. That MSRP is over $43k, and guessing 5% tax and $500 title etc., you got it at about $3500 off. My wife insists on a 2nd row bench so we're shopping SELs with the same options and I haven't seen a price like that yet in Indiana...
Yep, that includes EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Paid $46,600 which is $3,500 less than MSRP for Calligraphy (one of the new colors) in North east. I've seen MSRP-2K to mark ups of upto 5k but generallly MSRP. Month end definitely helped me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Paid $46,600 which is $3,500 less than MSRP for Calligraphy (one of the new colors) in North east. I've seen MSRP-2K to mark ups of upto 5k but generallly MSRP. Month end definitely helped me.
Yeah, I tried to benefit from end of month, but got nothing but MSRP give or take a few hundred dollars in the Texas area. I've since started reaching out further. Ideally I'm looking for about $3k off a limited.. I'd gladly take $3500 off a Calligraphy though! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I tried to benefit from end of month, but got nothing but MSRP give or take a few hundred dollars in the Texas area. I've since started reaching out further. Ideally I'm looking for about $3k off a limited.. I'd gladly take $3500 off a Calligraphy though! :)
Try costco auto buying serivce as well. AFAIK it is not available for Palisade everywhere. I got $1800 off without sweating. No BS straightward deal. You can also use that quote and ask others to match or beat. good luck

801 - 820 of 853 Posts