Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

721 - 740 of 741 Posts

·
Registered
2020 palisade AWD W/ all options
16 Posts
We paid exactly $43,000 out the door. Not a penny more, not a penny less. We got the SEL Hyper white with beige interior (light wood trim) with the convenience package, premium package, drive guidance package, captains chairs, AWD, and sunroof.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We paid exactly $43,000 out the door. Not a penny more, not a penny less. We got the SEL Hyper white with beige interior (light wood trim) with the convenience package, premium package, drive guidance package, captains chairs, AWD, and sunroof.
Wow - if that includes TTL, you got a nice price. That MSRP is over $43k, and guessing 5% tax and $500 title etc., you got it at about $3500 off. My wife insists on a 2nd row bench so we're shopping SELs with the same options and I haven't seen a price like that yet in Indiana...

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
93 Posts
That's amazing!
Wow - if that includes TTL, you got a nice price. That MSRP is over $43k, and guessing 5% tax and $500 title etc., you got it at about $3500 off. My wife insists on a 2nd row bench so we're shopping SELs with the same options and I haven't seen a price like that yet in Indiana...
They have a 2020 (based on the mention of the Drive Guidance package and sunroof as both are now just bundled in on the 2021s) so they might have bought before some price increases and their freight charges were definitely lower than they are now. But they did get a fabulous deal.

We got almost $3000 off on our loaded 2021 SEL (technically it was $2921 under MSRP but then they had one dealer add on of $399, so it felt like $2522 off, we also got the $500 military discount, so that actually took our total discount to $3022) and I know that there are others in our region (PNW) that have done even better. I think deals vary greatly by region. I honestly think folks in CA should just shop up here since our deals are way better than theirs are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my first post here, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place, but this has been the most active thread that I have been following. I also want to apologize for the length of the post. If you think this is bad, try being IN my head.

TL/DR: Trying to decide between fully optioned 2021 SEL FWD or 2021 Limited FWD because of initial cost, and repair of electronics. I will likely not be getting an extended warranty. I am coming from a 2012 Subaru Outback that I have owned for the last 8.5 years, and I intend to keep whatever I get for the next 8 years.

I currently have two dealers I have been working with, and I think we are down to the final round of negotiations. I have been looking at the 2021 Limited FWD in Steel Graphite w/Beige interior. I have one dealer (Dealer 1) down $3853 (includes cargo net, first aid kit, cargo blocks, and mud flaps, all on factory sticker, and they will throw in window tinting for free), and Dealer 2 down $4000 (added nitrogen-filled tires, over-priced mud flaps, and window tint, all on the dealer add-on sticker), both off MSRP. It looks like the deal with Dealer 1 is better, plus they have been low-pressure.

The problem is that I'm finding myself wondering if I would be better off getting the SEL with both Convenience and Preferred packages. I know I will lose the digital dash (which could translate into less-costly repairs, should that ever break), the second massive sunroof (I live in Florida, so while nice, my kids will probably feel like ants under a magnifying glass), upgraded audio package, Nappa leather, and the ventilated seats. Honestly, the upgraded audio and ventilated seats are probably what I would miss the most. On the upside, I could likely get the gray leather interior in the SEL, and I do like that more than the beige. Plus, I would end up saving about $75/mo on the car payments, despite being able to finance for 60 months instead of 72 if I get the SEL (I'd be saving $110/mo if I kept the financing the same), if I can get the dealer to slide the current negotiated prices over to the SEL from the Limited we've been working on.

For those of who sat where I am, can you weigh in? Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
@mainer904 if you look at the loan terms, you're saying you'd save $110/mo for 60 months if you did the SEL over the Limited, is that correct? That's $6600. To me, it wouldn't be worth it, but I'm always budget conscious. We have a loaded SEL and adore it (and we had a 2013 Outback that was in a wreck and replaced by a 2016 Outback that we still have, so I understand what you're coming from). We looked at what the Limited had and were only interested in the overhead camera and the blindspot cameras. For us the difference in price was about $4500 and those items were not worth the difference to us (and we wanted a bench seat so our only choice really was the loaded SEL). Were I you, I'd look closely at what the Limited has that you want (the sound system and ventilated seats seem to be your highest priorities but you might have other items on the list) and then decide if those things are worth the added cost.

There are a lot of folks that bought lower trims and came to regret it and then traded for higher trims. I have never been a FOMO person, so that's unlikely to happen to us. But if you are someone that often finds yourself feeling that you're missing out on things others have or have done, you might consider the Limited from the get go. If you aren't someone like that and the added cost doesn't make sense for the items you most want, I'd just get the SEL. It will be a HUGE upgrade from your Outback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Kirbo, I'd be saving $110/mo if I stuck with 72 month financing. I would save $75/mo if I shortened the term to 60 months. I'm very much a price to performance kind of guy, and not big into keeping up with the Jones'. I did forget about the surround view and HUD. So honestly, the surround view, HUD, ventilated seats, and upgraded audio are the differences between the two models that I would actually miss. The other differences are nice, but not game-changing to me. I think the all-digital dash display looks nice, but the analog one isn't horrible. If I could get the ventilated seats and audio in the SEL, I wouldn't even consider the Limited.

The frustrating part is that I had my mind made up on the Limited on Saturday until I got home and really started to put more thought into it and realized the real-world cost savings of going down one trim level.

All of this depends on if the dealer can make a similar deal with me on the SEL with those features....and he happens to have one in stock already ( I just checked their website).

·
Registered
93 Posts
@mainer904 here's something else to consider, if you're putting this much thought into it, perhaps you should go with the higher trim so that once you're home you aren't thinking of all of the options you're missing. Only you can decide if these things are worth the up charge in price, but if you're thinking this long and hard, I believe it sounds as if you'd really miss the a lot one the SEL.

Truly, for us, there were two things on the Limited we wanted, the rest we really didn't give a fig about. Looking at two options for $4500 made it clear to us we would be very happy with the SEL. But you have a lot more than two things you'd miss. And all the folks that live in the south that got the Limited swear that the cooled seats are priceless (we live in the PNW and I have a hard time believing I'd use them at all, but we use the heated seats all the time).

·
Registered
2 Posts
In SoCal here. Picked up 2021 SEL black on black SEL with premium and captain chairs for 2k under MSRP plus 500 first responders. Not amazing, but definitely best I could find especially considering we were looking for Captains chairs. I think market is changing and could maybe get around 3k off before incentives though some dealer still won’t budge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
am still hoping if this would be possible for 21 model, I have asked 3-4 dealers and the OTD will be 45k+. Maybe I can be lucky if I do it in December, we'll see. . . .

·
Registered
113 Posts
@mainer904, any 2020 Limiteds around? I can only really speak toward the 2020 Limited...as I am not verse on what the other, esp 2021, levels do/dont have. What caused me to respond...are the two dealers aware you are comparing vehicles? I would pit them against one another...but without laying all my cards out on the table. Say you want the Limited...I would ask if that is the best they could do. I would tell them that you have another offer for an SEL and that the model is not the issue, the price is. Do you need all the gimmicks? I would ask them to price you without them. You could probably pick them up cheaper down the road...or renegotiate them back in later. Honestly, I didnt know window tinting was extra. In the 2020 Limited it was standard. I would ask why tinting was extra when you built the car on Hyundai's website and it wasnt an add-on there. I passed on the wheel locks, the window etching and I told them to take out the gap insurance ($13 extra in the monthly payment). Call your current insurance company and ask them to price you for gap insurance. The benefit is now you can remove it from your policy after a year or 2 and you are not stuck paying for it for the life of the loan. Are you trading in your vehicle? If you are, I wouldnt tell them till the very end when you are doing paperwork. If they know ahead then they might not be as willing to lower their price. Say you are considering it but at this time, no. Also, if you are trading in, it might be in your best interest to get an appraisal from Subaru (since it is not a Hyundai). Have Subaru write it up. Dont show show Hyundai...and try to negotiate your trade in. They will go lowball blue book and struggle to negotiate off of that. Aim higher but at least you have a minimum, for a match. That trade in is taken from the price of the vehicle before taxes are applied. Your Subaru write up will may ultimately help you to get them to raise their offer. Also. I know you said that you are not interested, but don't hesitate to try to negotiate the warranty to. They will do everything to make it look like it is only $60 extra a month...or whatever added on...and that is like a cup of coffee a day. Pull out your phone and tell them $60/mo for 60 months...that's $3600. There are other options, like increasing the deductible or lessing the level. All and all, I read on this forum a long time ago that the 'true' cost is $1350 total...they had to "call the owner" and in the end we agreed on $1400. Sorry that I basically took the long way to tell you that there are other cost savings then what they appear to be presenting in their offers. And I would NEVER pay for the nitrogen fill up. They will tell you that is so you dont have to keep filling up your tire pressure. It dissipates slower. Reality: I have had my car a year in northern weather changes and the tire pressure hasn't change but the normal pound or two between hot/cold...but not enough to warrant a refill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In SoCal here. Picked up 2021 SEL black on black SEL with premium and captain chairs for 2k under MSRP plus 500 first responders. Not amazing, but definitely best I could find especially considering we were looking for Captains chairs. I think market is changing and could maybe get around 3k off before incentives though some dealer still won’t budge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Black interior captain chairs are hard to come by in the PNW.

Overall prices are dropping on premium SELs here. I've gotten a few Truecar quotes between 6.5% - 7.5% (~$3,000) below MSRP, though they are all for bench seating which doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Black interior captain chairs are hard to come by in the PNW.

Overall prices are dropping on premium SELs here. I've gotten a few Truecar quotes between 6.5% - 7.5% (~$3,000) below MSRP, though they are all for bench seating which doesn't work for me.
Yea. We have two boys so captain chairs are key. The color combo with captain chairs is hard to come by here also. Most truecar quotes in SoCal are at msrp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Local VA dealers still want 2k over MSRP for loaded SEL AWD. I feel that Hyundai is missing huge market by either not meeting the demand or promoting aggressive marketing.
As much as I love to buy Palisade, I am not paying MSRP or over MSRP for any car. Palisade is on the second year now, and there is no reason for this to still sell above MSRP. I have started looking into other brands who are willing to sell at Invoice or below Invoice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Best I've gotten in Indy is ~$1k under sticker. According to the messages here, it seems like quite a range depending on your region.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best I've gotten in Indy is ~$1k under sticker. According to the messages here, it seems like quite a range depending on your region.
Yeah I must of gotten a steal. In Akron Ohio. Did everything online thru the dealer. It was basically automated. We got a 2021 limited with all weather mats and cargo net. $45338 -500 first responder =$ 44,838 before ttl.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I ended up getting the 2021 Limited FWD in Steel Graphite. MSRP was $47065 (because it included a first aid kit, cargo package, all weather floor mats). I managed to get them down $3,950 off MSRP, plus I got the military rebate, and got them to throw in window tinting for free (there's about $400 right there). My out the door price before any money down was $39950 (taking trade ($6053), tax, doc fee, tag transfer into account). Because I was putting a nice chunk down though, I was able to snag 2.59% for 72 months. I think I did pretty good overall. I looked into what holdback was, and the dealer actually showed me their numbers from their tracking software. I could have saved another $400 by going to another dealer, but they were over an hour away, and this is the dealership that will be doing all of the servicing. Plus, I liked the salesman personally also. Overall, one of the most positive car buying experiences I've had.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@mainer904, any 2020 Limiteds around? I can only really speak toward the 2020 Limited...as I am not verse on what the other, esp 2021, levels do/dont have. What caused me to respond...are the two dealers aware you are comparing vehicles? I would pit them against one another...but without laying all my cards out on the table. Say you want the Limited...I would ask if that is the best they could do. I would tell them that you have another offer for an SEL and that the model is not the issue, the price is. Do you need all the gimmicks? I would ask them to price you without them. You could probably pick them up cheaper down the road...or renegotiate them back in later. Honestly, I didnt know window tinting was extra. In the 2020 Limited it was standard. I would ask why tinting was extra when you built the car on Hyundai's website and it wasnt an add-on there. I passed on the wheel locks, the window etching and I told them to take out the gap insurance ($13 extra in the monthly payment). Call your current insurance company and ask them to price you for gap insurance. The benefit is now you can remove it from your policy after a year or 2 and you are not stuck paying for it for the life of the loan. Are you trading in your vehicle? If you are, I wouldnt tell them till the very end when you are doing paperwork. If they know ahead then they might not be as willing to lower their price. Say you are considering it but at this time, no. Also, if you are trading in, it might be in your best interest to get an appraisal from Subaru (since it is not a Hyundai). Have Subaru write it up. Dont show show Hyundai...and try to negotiate your trade in. They will go lowball blue book and struggle to negotiate off of that. Aim higher but at least you have a minimum, for a match. That trade in is taken from the price of the vehicle before taxes are applied. Your Subaru write up will may ultimately help you to get them to raise their offer. Also. I know you said that you are not interested, but don't hesitate to try to negotiate the warranty to. They will do everything to make it look like it is only $60 extra a month...or whatever added on...and that is like a cup of coffee a day. Pull out your phone and tell them $60/mo for 60 months...that's $3600. There are other options, like increasing the deductible or lessing the level. All and all, I read on this forum a long time ago that the 'true' cost is $1350 total...they had to "call the owner" and in the end we agreed on $1400. Sorry that I basically took the long way to tell you that there are other cost savings then what they appear to be presenting in their offers. And I would NEVER pay for the nitrogen fill up. They will tell you that is so you dont have to keep filling up your tire pressure. It dissipates slower. Reality: I have had my car a year in northern weather changes and the tire pressure hasn't change but the normal pound or two between hot/cold...but not enough to warrant a refill.

Also, yes, I did tell the second dealer about the experience I had with the first, and used it to immediately get the second dealer to be a bit aggressive with each negotiation. And the first dealer actually called me while I was working with the second dealer (who I ultimately bought the car from), and came down another $1k while on the phone. I used that while haggling with the second. The timing was perfect! I even brought a third dealer in to pit them all against each other and make sure I got the best deal.

On paper, they didn't come down at all on MSRP. Instead, they gave me $9950 for my trade (KBB had trade in value at $6053). In reality, it's the same to me as them coming down about $3900 off MSRP. Window tinting (beyond what comes from factory) should work out to about another $400, and I get to pick out what I want from what their installers have, plus they will drive to me to do it. I can't really knock that. Throw in the rebate, and the bonus drive $250 cash back, and I am pretty happy overall. Sure, I couldn't get them to split an OEM roof rack with me, but you can't win them all.

Looking at their invoicing software (which was a first for me to see in person), it looked like I basically cut into their holdback and cut it in half (it looked like they were going to get about $700 or so from holdback), if it can be trusted. It looked like a good dealership, but I think they needed to move inventory for November. Maybe I got lucky?

·
Registered
113 Posts
@mainer904, Congratulations! Thanks for the follow up. It sounds like you got a good deal. I have a Steel Graphite as well and just love the look and color of it.

721 - 740 of 741 Posts