Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

681 - 700 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I paid 990 under MSRP and it took me a couple of months to even find one at that price as all other dealers were MSRP or thousands over MSRP.
At the time I had offers from Mazda for a CX-9 Signature at 2k under MSRP (and that was even before negotiations so I'm confident the price was going to be less than that if I was intent on the Mazda), and I had an offer for an MDX at 9k off MSRP).
Even at the price I paid for the Palisade (a limited AWD), it turned out to be a better value than anything in it's competing class. I think Hyundai dealers know this is a true value play and regardless of what the MSRP says, they are pricing the car more in line with what the buyer is getting compared to what the competitors are offering.

I took delivery in March and even today I am still 100% happy with the price I paid for the amount of car I received.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I sent a price quote request to 5 local dealers (Los Angeles area) for 2021 Limited AWD, and only two responded. One of them was more responsive and offering me $46,900 plus fee (Hyper White with floor mats, cargo cover/screen and first aid kit), $51,693 OTD including tax and license. What do you all think the offer?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I sent a price quote request to 5 local dealers (Los Angeles area) for 2021 Limited AWD, and only two responded. One of them was more responsive and offering me $46,900 plus fee (Hyper White with floor mats, cargo cover/screen and first aid kit), $51,693 OTD including tax and license. What do you all think the offer?
I think you should not buy a Limited AWD, because a Calligraphy is less than $900 more and offers more unique content.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think you should not buy a Limited AWD, because a Calligraphy is less than $900 more and offers more unique content.
Thank you for the suggestion. While the MSRP difference between Limited AWD and Calligraphy is only $900, I'm looking for a car without dealer/manufacturer options/accessories since they are mostly marked up. I can/will add those accessories later. While extra stuff on Calligraphy is nice to have, I'm not too crazy about it.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Even if there are things you are not thrilled with on the Calligraphy, You will be glad you got it after driving it for awhile.
There are Calligraphy's around with out all the add on's that dealers make the money on
It is just so much better than the limited for 2021. I still like the 2020 limited better.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion. While the MSRP difference between Limited AWD and Calligraphy is only $900, I'm looking for a car without dealer/manufacturer options/accessories since they are mostly marked up. I can/will add those accessories later. While extra stuff on Calligraphy is nice to have, I'm not too crazy about it.
I'm not talking about dealer-added accessories. You do get a lot more unique content in a Calligraphy than a Limited, such as the micro-fiber suede headliner, unique wheels and grille, quilted leather on the doors, wider LED center stop light, puddle lamps... and more. All of this is factory-installed and not something you can add later. And it's worth way more than $900. It's basically all the content that was on the 2020 Limited and got moved to the 2021 Calligraphy.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
AND how many people do we see on the forums wanting to know how to add the extra features that their selection doesn't have.
Lot's and lot's and lot's of them all the time.
We see people who purchased the SE or SEL and want to know why they didn't get the welcome lamps on the mirrors or why
they don't have XM radio. get the best one you can afford.
Unless it is a money problem go for the Calligraphy model

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not talking about dealer-added accessories. You do get a lot more unique content in a Calligraphy than a Limited, such as the micro-fiber suede headliner, unique wheels and grille, quilted leather on the doors, wider LED center stop light, puddle lamps... and more. All of this is factory-installed and not something you can add later. And it's worth way more than $900. It's basically all the content that was on the 2020 Limited and got moved to the 2021 Calligraphy.
There is no doubt that extra features for Calligraphy is worth $900. I just got a quote from a dealer for Calligraphy, but with tons of add-on options and accessories, including roof cross bars and running boards. The price is $51,645 + tax & fees. If I can get one without any add-on, I don't mind getting a Calligraphy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AND how many people do we see on the forums wanting to know how to add the extra features that their selection doesn't have.
Lot's and lot's and lot's of them all the time.
We see people who purchased the SE or SEL and want to know why they didn't get the welcome lamps on the mirrors or why
they don't have XM radio. get the best one you can afford.
Unless it is a money problem go for the Calligraphy model
I'm still driving '03 Honda Pilot EX-L. I have added running boards, cross bars, ski rack and towing hitch myself, so installation of add-on stuff is not a problem. I don't mind spending extra $900 for Calligraphy extra features, but it's just that dealers add so many add-ons. Besides, being the top trim, dealers usually are not willing to go below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm still driving '03 Honda Pilot EX-L. I have added running boards, cross bars, ski rack and towing hitch myself, so installation of add-on stuff is not a problem. I don't mind spending extra $900 for Calligraphy extra features, but it's just that dealers add so many add-ons. Besides, being the top trim, dealers usually are not willing to go below MSRP.
Again though, Gene was referring to things you cannot add after the fact.

But your point is fair. I'd say that f the accessories are not listed on the window sticker, you should be able to decline them. If they are listed on there, that'll be a lot tougher (some cars have some of these add-ons listed on the window sticker, even though they are accessories that can be added after the fact).

·
Registered
153 Posts
It seems that it's very normal for the dealers to have the add-ons; such as floor mats, cargo net, first ad kit, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. Some even added roof rack cross rails and winter weather package. It is known that those add-ons have high mark-ups. To all current owners (I'm shopping for 2020 or 2021 Limited AWD), were you able to refuse or bargain those add-ons?
I ordered mine from the factory and got zero accessories. Of course the trade off is the wait time it takes to build it and get it shipped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered mine from the factory and got zero accessories. Of course the trade off is the wait time it takes to build it and get it shipped.
That's great! Did you place the order through a Hyundai dealer? How long did it take? Did you pay at or above MSRP?

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's great! Did you place the order through a Hyundai dealer? How long did it take? Did you pay at or above MSRP?
Yes I did. Took 5 months to build and get to the States. Paid $2000 below MSRP. Though the deal got a bit messy when in the middle of the process, the dealer tried to walk away from the deal. In the end it all got squared away.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy
7 Posts
Unfortunately I paid sticker price for it, called all the dealers in the LA are and most of them was asking 2-3K over the msrp. Keyes Hyundai was asking 6K markup. Needless to say I walked out of there and they didn’t even budge. The white one was harder to find.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Unfortunately I paid sticker price for it, called all the dealers in the LA are and most of them was asking 2-3K over the msrp. Keyes Hyundai was asking 6K markup. Needless to say I walked out of there and they didn’t even budge. The white one was harder to find.
Yeah that seems to be the trend in some areas of the country. Congrats on the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those who already get their Palisade in US. How much do you pay and what trim (with what package) before tax title and license ?
Paid sticker for a Calligraphy 2 months ago. I was shocked. Got it from Charlotte. I’m in ATL. The delivered to my door for $400 and also threw in mats, rear mat, and cargo net. I was pleasantly shocked.
Hoping I can get this lucky when the GV 80 is finally released.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's not the dealer's price, that's Hyundai's MSRP. That's what the window sticker is supposed to show. It would be the same at every dealership for this specific car. You take this $50,220.00 and start negotiating down from there.
$15,000 too much unless you like all the bells and whistles.

SoCal dealer price for a 2021 Calligraphy. What do you guys think?

View attachment 2218

681 - 700 of 708 Posts