Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

661 - 672 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I refused to pay the markup for the dealer and got my Calligraphy for $49,000.
Well The best I could do was 51k they basically sold the ones I refuse to pay them the mark up for 53k-54k here in Atlanta metro area are flying like pancakes. There is very few and they know people pay more than MSRP. I told them about that and 3 dealers ( the only ones that had Calligraphys) laughed in my face and said that they can easily sell them at 53k with people even putting deposits. That might change pretty quick when the market stabilize at least here. Where did you got yours for 49k?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remember in June or July the 2021 models will hit showrooms. Let the dealership know that you are aware of this. That if they don’t give you that price are looking for, that still protects their 3% holdback. Then you’ll just wait for the 2021 model, then you’ll be willing to pay a little more above invoice. Negotiate from invoice or below invoice up, try not to negotiate from MSRP down. But if you do this know a lot of dealers will not give you the time or day. But you’ll find that one in the stack.
How can I find the Invoice price for the SEL?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well The best I could do was 51k they basically sold the ones I refuse to pay them the mark up for 53k-54k here in Atlanta metro area are flying like pancakes. There is very few and they know people pay more than MSRP. I told them about that and 3 dealers ( the only ones that had Calligraphys) laughed in my face and said that they can easily sell them at 53k with people even putting deposits. That might change pretty quick when the market stabilize at least here. Where did you got yours for 49k?
Look elsewhere. That's is not a real, complete Monroney Sticker from the factory as well. It's a dealer stick add with add on if you look closely on the left side. Go online and shop around. The Palisade in a Hyundai product not the dealerships. You can jump on Autotrader or many like it, negotiate, and have it delivered to you anywhere in the country. BE PATIENT AND BE SMART!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone here get theirs on 0% finance? Do Hyundai dealers provide that option for Palisade? Looking to get Limited 2020 but seems hard to find now in my local area. Anyone in Texas or Dallas area aware of any good dealers who may still be carrying the 2020 Limited edition?

Also, appreciate if the people who know or recently purchased can let me know what areas or data points to look in on an invoice that can be negotiated or brought down or taken out of the invoice to bring the total cost down, if possible to save a bit.

Thank you in advance.

PS:
Also is there any thread or post talking about leasing Palisade and what would be the best price to do that. But I am sure most people here are purchasing it and not leasing?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Did anyone here get theirs on 0% finance? Do Hyundai dealers provide that option for Palisade? Looking to get Limited 2020 but seems hard to find now in my local area. Anyone in Texas or Dallas area aware of any good dealers who may still be carrying the 2020 Limited edition?

Also, appreciate if the people who know or recently purchased can let me know what areas or data points to look in on an invoice that can be negotiated or brought down or taken out of the invoice to bring the total cost down, if possible to save a bit.

Thank you in advance.

PS:
Also is there any thread or post talking about leasing Palisade and what would be the best price to do that. But I am sure most people here are purchasing it and not leasing?
There is now a 0% APR offered by Hyundai on Palisades, but it’s only for 2020 models and it requires a 36-month or 48-month loan. Otherwise it’s 1.9% for 60 months, or 2.9% for 72 months.

0% APR isn’t offered on 2021 Palisades. It’s way too popular for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the market for 2021 SEL AWD with premium and convenience package. I sent out few emails asking for 10% below msrp.. will see what happens...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the market for 2021 SEL AWD with premium and convenience package. I sent out few emails asking for 10% below msrp.. will see what happens...
I hope you get it!

We just bought a 2021 SEL with premium, convenience and bench seats for 6.5% under MSRP. We're in the PNW. We're very happy with the car and the deal we got.

MSRP $44490
Dealer discount $2921

They did add on a $399 etching fee (they said it was on there and they wouldn't remove the fee) and of course their $115 documentation fee, but other than licensing and taxes, that was all they added on. We qualified for the $500 military discount, so I just saw that as canceling out the etching fee and documentation fee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope you get it!

We just bought a 2021 SEL with premium, convenience and bench seats for 6.5% under MSRP. We're in the PNW. We're very happy with the car and the deal we got.

MSRP $44490
Dealer discount $2921

They did add on a $399 etching fee (they said it was on there and they wouldn't remove the fee) and of course their $115 documentation fee, but other than licensing and taxes, that was all they added on. We qualified for the $500 military discount, so I just saw that as canceling out the etching fee and documentation fee.
Wow, amazing!
We were looking for the same, Chicago area. We got it down to 42350 (pre-tax) from MSRP of 44550. Nothing even close to this otherwise. Assuming this is the norm given the demand here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, amazing!
We were looking for the same, Chicago area. We got it down to 42350 (pre-tax) from MSRP of 44550. Nothing even close to this otherwise. Assuming this is the norm given the demand here.
From what folks say, it sounds as if it's really dependent on where you live. There are a few dealerships in the PNW that seem to have some great discounts. Our problem was just finding one with a bench seat and black leather (grey if we had to but the light beige wouldn't work for our family). I think if we'd wanted captains chairs we could have gotten an even better deal since there are tons of those at all the dealerships. In July, Kirkland Hyundai near Seattle had about $5000 off MSRP when they were clearing out their 2020s to make room for their 2021s. They only had one SEL with bench and we missed out on it.

Depending on where you are, you might consider flying out to pick up a car somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what folks say, it sounds as if it's really dependent on where you live. There are a few dealerships in the PNW that seem to have some great discounts. Our problem was just finding one with a bench seat and black leather (grey if we had to but the light beige wouldn't work for our family). I think if we'd wanted captains chairs we could have gotten an even better deal since there are tons of those at all the dealerships. In July, Kirkland Hyundai near Seattle had about $5000 off MSRP when they were clearing out their 2020s to make room for their 2021s. They only had one SEL with bench and we missed out on it.

Depending on where you are, you might consider flying out to pick up a car somewhere.
Yeah, 100% agreed. Looking at the captain seats but the inventory here in chicago is sparse - they are getting snatched up quick. Anyone in IL getting more than 6% MRSP? I've had dealerships balk at anything less than MRSP +/- incentives (military, college grad etc).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, 100% agreed. Looking at the captain seats but the inventory here in chicago is sparse - they are getting snatched up quick. Anyone in IL getting more than 6% MRSP? I've had dealerships balk at anything less than MRSP +/- incentives (military, college grad etc).
In a 250 mile radius we have only eight SELs with both packages, but it was more than that a week ago. Overall, there are 129 2021 Palisades in a 250 mile radius of us. There are 15 Calligraphys, 22 SELs, 81 Limiteds, and the rest SEs. I'm guessing that you'd get the best deal on a Limited in the PNW just because of how many there are.

I stalked the Hyundai website daily for two months searching for our unicorn. Don't give up finding what you want at the price you want. We wanted $3000 off, and I think if we'd gotten captain's chairs we would have achieved that, and we didn't quite get that, but we got the exact car we wanted at a price pretty darned close to our ideal.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got my 2020 White Limited FWD Dec 2019. I called/emailed all over the USA to see the going rate. The best deal I found just happened to be local in San Diego. Frank Hyundai agreed to 1000$ below MSRP, then I got the 500$ conquest and 500$ bonus drive.
So 9 months later car is still selling @ MSRP or more?

661 - 672 of 672 Posts