Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

601 - 620 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What was the cost without the fees? You are right - I cannot get anybody in PA or DE to deal but I’m so far south in PA, MD is not a big trip for me. Thanks.
What was the cost without the fees? You are right - I cannot get anybody in PA or DE to deal but I’m so far south in PA, MD is not a big trip for me. Thanks.
$45321
Tax $1880
TTL $299
BS DEALER PRO $499
-500 for first responder

I still feel I could have gotten more off after I agreed to make the deal... shame on my for not pushing harder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the process of buying a 2020 Palisade, Lagoon Silver with black interior, Convenience package, Premium package, Drive guidance option and out the door after tax titles and fees for $41,000. Thoughts? They came in at $43,555 out the door and got them down to the 41k. Looking at paperwork before taxes and fees added the vehicle price is $39,929.50. Going tomorrow to finalize everything and hopefully drive away with my new ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the process of buying a 2020 Palisade, Lagoon Silver with black interior, Convenience package, Premium package, Drive guidance option and out the door after tax titles and fees for $41,000. Thoughts? They came in at $43,555 out the door and got them down to the 41k. Looking at paperwork before taxes and fees added the vehicle price is $39,929.50. Going tomorrow to finalize everything and hopefully drive away with my new ride!
thats a very good price. can you share the dealer details

·
Registered
13 Posts
For those who already get their Palisade in US. How much do you pay and what trim (with what package) before tax title and license ?
I'm in NC. I negotiated $1,200 off MSRP and then received an additional $500 rebate for an AWD Limited. *The only caveat is that I was forced to pay an additional $599 dealer add on for that overpriced interior protection application because they said that they already applied it to 100% of their inventory. This was nearly a deal breaker for me...prior to the additional amount they took off. I don't think it's right to add that and force customers to buy it. Normally, this is optional and added during financing & I always decline it. My 10 year old truck with leather seats and zero added protection is absolutely fine after multiple dogs and toddler abuse.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, those forced add-ons are BS.

I said in other posts how the Finance manager tried to sneak past a security device on my contract. I caught it by going down the contract line by line.

after I caught him and told him I wasn’t buying the car with it, he told me it was already installed and they do it to all their cars. I told him to install this device they had to splice into the wiring harness and that was unacceptable to me. He assured me they were pros and knew what they were doing.

when he realized I was going to walk he came back and drew up a new contract without the add on device and then told me I was in luck because they hadn’t installed this device into my car yet. Here is where I rolled my eyes. Freaking liar and cheat. Sneaking crap onto the contract and hopingI would sign it and write him my check without studying the contract.

stereotype car dealer

·
Registered
8 Posts
thats a very good price. can you share the dealer details
Peacock Hyundai in Columbia, SC. They have quite a few Palisades available. Really laid back and not pushy at all. Ended up buying the vehicle and throughly impressed so far. Looking forward to a long toad trip tomorrow to try out all the features!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still finalizing a deal on LTD AWD ... been offered “invoice price” + the $500 conquest cash bonus.
Fyi ... dealer included the $1,045 dest fee in the inv price.

I’ll follow up w the final numbers later.
That would be a great deal. Our dealer in CA has a 2021 that just came in. They offered it at MSRP and they also give a lifetime power train warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Paid 46,000$ for a Lagoon Silver Limited AWD. Sticker price was $47,875. Got 500$ for the conquest rebate for owning a competitor vehicle. So ended up being $45,500+tax/gov fees. Had a two week wait to get the vehicle. Got 1.9% Hyundai financing. Received my vehicle last week. Love it so far!!
I love that color. Why do they make so many black/blackish colors?

·
Registered
19 Posts
For those who already get their Palisade in US. How much do you pay and what trim (with what package) before tax title and license ?
I haven't bought one yet, but I was shocked to see a Lagoon Silver at a dealer in Reno, NV for almost 15 K over MSRP! That is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MSRP. Limited Black on Black. Mine had about $800 worth of accessories I probably wouldn't have gotten but oh well. Got 20% above book value on my trade 1.9%, 0 Down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for all your help, folks. Wanted to share my findings to help out.

Model: 2020 Limited FWD​
Color: Steel Graphite / beige leather interior​
Lease type: 36 mo. w/ 15k miles/yr.​
MSRP: $47,050​
Price before rebates: $45,000 (4.4% dealer discount)​
Trade: $2,000 ($300 higher than my best private sale offer)​
Rebates: $500 lease cash​
Doc fee, registration, acquisition fee: $1,217​
Monthly payment: $651​
Due at signing: $0​
Timing: Started shopping on July 24, bought on July 28​

My experience for those who want some detail:
  • Methodology: I contacted about a dozen dealers in a 150 mile radius, mostly via email, spoke to a few internet sales managers on the phone. My messages were direct and to the point: I will buy today if we can agree on a deal - send me your best offer on VIN # XXX. I included my state, zip, and tier 1 credit status.
  • About half gave me MSRP or MSRP-plus prices, the other half offered token amounts, like $500 off
  • One dealer (local) told me no one was discounting, and I should call around to see (this becomes important later)
  • Best price on the first sweep was a dealer at the edge of my distance range willing to take $1,344 off, but had $800+ in add-ons I didn't want
  • After a few days, Mr. Call Around local dealer contacted me, asking what kind of deals I'd found. I casually told him the best I'd done was $1,344 off and was still looking for my target price.
  • He said "that's a great deal, you should take it" - this is a classic sales move. I said I was taking his advice and would keep looking around for great prices.
  • Yesterday I get an offer sheet out of the blue in my email from guess who? Mr. Call Around. $1650 off (plus $500 lease cash). The game is afoot.
  • Now, had to work the trade-in end of the deal. One dealer had offered me $2,000, and I felt this was the highest I could get
  • Wife cleaned up the car nicely and we sent photos to the dealer - he offered $1,500. (I'm a big believer in cleaning up your trade for photos/inspection)
  • After giving a couple engaged dealers a chance to beat it, I was confident this was my best deal.
  • I called Mr. Call Around and told him I'd sign that day if he could do three things: 1) Get the price down another $400, 2) raise the trade value $500, and 3) use the .00197 money factor for the lease
  • He agreed to the first two, and said he needed the money factor to be marked up to make a few hundred bucks (obviously he had other sources of revenue like holdback). I'd done the math and knew the $900 reduction to cap cost was worth more than the lower money factor, so I took the deal.
  • Took delivery of the Palisade last night, great dealership experience except for some delays getting through finance - not because they were pushy but because another customer was taking forever. It was a virtually no-pressure finance office conversation, which was unexpected.
  • Overall, would rate the dealer experience very positively. I poked fun at the "call around and see" remark, but it was a great move: Palisades are selling fast, and he had the leverage. As we got closer to the end of the month, the leverage shifted in my favor and he adapted perfectly and made the deal.
My lessons:
  • Set a personal price goal that's an aggressive, maybe unattainable price target to shoot for. You will almost always settle for paying more, but it ensures you don't overpay in the heat of the moment.
  • Know your leverage (and accept that you may have none). If Palisades are flying off the lot in your area (hint: they are, check CarGurus for time on lot) and it's early in the month, it's unlikely you'll get more than a token discount. Some dealers simply aren't willing to deal, and I can't blame them - they will sell every Palisade Limited they have within two weeks of receiving it, deals or not.
  • Set a wide search area. The dealer who offered $1,344 off was key to the ultimate price I got and he was almost a three-hour drive away. And most out-of-area dealers will deliver.
  • Be clear about what you're looking for, and your commitment not to waste their time. This means being transparent and direct about expectations and gracious if they're unwilling to negotiate. I could've burned the bridge with Mr. Call Around on our first interaction, but we were mutually respectful and it worked out for us both.
  • Don't be afraid to play hard-to-get. If you can't come to terms, ask them to contact you if anything changes.
  • My dealership was roughly on-track to hit their unit sales goals for the month, but needed my sale to help make it happen. Being willing to wait closer to month-end unlocked a better deal.
Thanks everybody, glad to join the community!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here:

Model: 2020 Limited AWD, Hyper White with Beige/Brown interior
Total Price: $49,385 (Base MSRP @ $46,825. + added features @ $1,420.00 (paint upgrade, tow hitch, etc.)+ inland freight & handling @ $1,140.00)
Dealer Discount: -$1,728.00
Sell Price: $47,657.00
NC + Local Sales Tax: $1,455.26
Admin/Doc & Registration fees: $1,217
Total out the door: $50,059.51
Dealer Info: Keffer Hyundai, Charlotte, NC
Timing: Initial inquiry on 07/27, purchased on 07/28

·
Registered
22 Posts
That would be a great deal. Our dealer in CA has a 2021 that just came in. They offered it at MSRP and they also give a lifetime power train warranty.
A 2021 in California? Where's that? I'll go there this weekend!

EDIT: Never mind. From reading the feedback on the 2021 Limited and Calligraphy, I'm better off sticking with the 2020 Limited. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in NC. I negotiated $1,200 off MSRP and then received an additional $500 rebate for an AWD Limited. *The only caveat is that I was forced to pay an additional $599 dealer add on for that overpriced interior protection application because they said that they already applied it to 100% of their inventory. This was nearly a deal breaker for me...prior to the additional amount they took off. I don't think it's right to add that and force customers to buy it. Normally, this is optional and added during financing & I always decline it. My 10 year old truck with leather seats and zero added protection is absolutely fine after multiple dogs and toddler abuse.
So you really Just got $600 off MSRP. Interior protection costs them less than $5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So you really Just got $600 off MSRP. Interior protection costs them less than $5.
Exactly. An an update to this... I found out recently that it is supposed to be complimentary on their vehicles. We discussed it and they are supposed to be sending me a check for the difference. (Still paid taxes on the additional price, but at least they are fixing it now.)

601 - 620 of 636 Posts