Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

581 - 600 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
In Chicago area on June 1: Bought an SEL, Convenience and Premium Packages, White with beige leather. MSRP was $42,200. The dealer discounted price on Cars.com was $38,600. That was an almost 8% discount. At that time several Chicagoland dealers were offering 7 to 9% off MSRP. Save yourself some time and use Cars.com to search dealer inventory in your area. It will give you a good idea on prices in your area. If you use cars.com make sure you use their Advanced Search feature and enter the exact Palisade model and package you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those who already get their Palisade in US. How much do you pay and what trim (with what package) before tax title and license ?
Just purchased a white/beige Limited for a end of the month $2500 off MSRP, 2000 discount and 500 veteran rebate. It took a month to find a white/beige. My original purchase agreement with a different dealer was a end of the month $4900 off, 3900 discount and 1000 Memorial day veteran rebate, but the dealer couldn't locate a white/beige Limited that another dealer would trade. The first dealer realized the loss was too great after his end of the month bonus was lost so he canceled the deal which I thought was BS, we both signed an agreement which he reneged on. I was willing to wait but the dealer said he wouldn't honor the deal. Still not sure that was legal. Still happy with the deal and the second dealer and I love the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone recommend a Hyundai Dealer in Maryland? Looking for AWD Limited Palisade. Looks like 6-9% off MSRP is a pretty good price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my new Limited. MSRP 48,100, got it for $45,400 and feel lucky; I have a thing for black cars w/beige interiors - I won't buy anything else - and there were only 3 or 4 Limiteds in all of NJ with black + beige - which is saying something because there's a Hyundai dealer every 500 feet here. I've had it for a week, about 900 miles in and I AM LOVING IT. No wind issues (yet) which was my biggest worry. I've never owned a luxury car, and while I don't know if the Palisade qualifies, it sure feels like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my new Limited. MSRP 48,100, got it for $45,400 and feel lucky; I have a thing for black cars w/beige interiors - I won't buy anything else - and there were only 3 or 4 Limiteds in all of NJ with black + beige - which is saying something because there's a Hyundai dealer every 500 feet here. I've had it for a week, about 900 miles in and I AM LOVING IT. No wind issues (yet) which was my biggest worry. I've never owned a luxury car, and while I don't know if the Palisade qualifies, it sure feels like it.
CONGRATS!!! $45,400 OK But how much it was Out The Door? the last number including taxes and doc fees etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I never understood the out-the-door number. I paid about $400 for docs and fees, and another $2500 in sales tax, but sales tax was reduced because I got $8,000 on the trade in for my Explorer. Does that help?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I never understood the out-the-door number. I paid about $400 for docs and fees, and another $2500 in sales tax, but sales tax was reduced because I got $8,000 on the trade in for my Explorer. Does that help?
Yes, thank you, As @Eric2203 said "Taxes and doc fees are dependent on location" and taxes are different by state I know but knowing all the number to the last number the OTD give you a good idea of how to negotiate at your local dealer. Taxes it is what it is, but the rest is completely negotiable and you can say I have seen that item cheaper, so you know they are not lowering the price in one end but rising it on other items.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Taxes, fees, trade-in and down payment are specific to each person and not useful in A-to-B comparisons.

What’s useful to see is:
  • MSRP of your car from the window sticker, including accessories listed on it (the dealer won’t take those off) and freight charge
  • Discount you get off the MSRP above. But please list incentives separately, as not everyone qualifies for them, and they are typically provided by Hyundai Corporate, as opposed to the discount, which is directly negotiated with the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can I ask which part of NJ? I’ve been contacting a few in PA, NJ and DE and nobody is offering better thank $500 off MSRP.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am also in the market for a Palisade in the Bay Area. Care to share what was the Costco pricing on a Limited Palisade? Thanks!
sorry haven’t checked into this thread in awhile.
At the time I was shopping no dealers in the Bay Area were participating in Costco pricing on the Palisade or Telluride.

closest dealer for the Palisade was Nissani Bros in LA, but they pulled the deal on me and are now out of business. So the next closest dealer after that was Escondido Hyundai in San Diego. They offered 990 under MSRP and wouldn’t negotiate anything past that

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oh, this price was on a limited AWD. There were fwd cars out there at many dealers and the pricing was negotiable. Every dealer I contacted in CA and neighboring OR and NV dealers wouldn’t budge on AWD Limited. Hopefully the market has softened around here for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What was the cost without the fees? You are right - I cannot get anybody in PA or DE to deal but I’m so far south in PA, MD is not a big trip for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
823 Posts
What was the cost without the fees? You are right - I cannot get anybody in PA or DE to deal but I’m so far south in PA, MD is not a big trip for me. Thanks.
Which side of PA are you in? I bought from Wright Hyundai in Wexford, just north of Pittsburgh. They are selling for less than MSRP, as you can see on their website. You might be able to negotiate further.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The SE corner (basically where PA-MD-DE meet) so unfortunately the complete opposite side of PA. Thank you so much for the info though.

581 - 600 of 636 Posts