Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

561 - 580 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Limited AWD - Black / Black
San Francisco Bay Area - Purchase 6/20/20. Paid MSRP $48,740 (includes accessories: carpeted floor mats, cargo tray (up seatback), tow hitch, all-season fitted liners, & wheel locks) Jealous of those getting deals. And that was negotiating down from the $4K dealer markup. Palisades aren't on lots more than a few days here. Minus the wheel locks, we got the exact car we were looking for and it was the only one within 200 miles.

Thanks for the heads up on BonusDrive. Never heard of it before, but my wife's work was eligible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Limited AWD - Black / Black
San Francisco Bay Area - Purchase 6/20/20. Paid MSRP $48,740 (includes accessories: carpeted floor mats, cargo tray (up seatback), tow hitch, all-season fitted liners, & wheel locks) Jealous of those getting deals. And that was negotiating down from the $4K dealer markup. Palisades aren't on lots more than a few days here. Minus the wheel locks, we got the exact car we were looking for and it was the only one within 200
Congrats on your new car. I’m in the BA too and I looked for months and finally settled on buying in SoCal to get under msrp (Costco pricing)

the Limited AWDs have always been scarce around here so the dealers hold the advantage.
enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I’m in the BA too and I looked for months and finally settled on buying in SoCal to get under msrp (Costco pricing)

the Limited AWDs have always been scarce around here so the dealers hold the advantage.
enjoy your new car!
Thanks! Good call going south. BA Dealers are not participating in Costco pricing on the Pallisade. 🙄

I've never even paid msrp before so this has been a significant change in my buying methodology. And while I would have strongly preferred to get a more traditional pricing arrangement (big pat on the back to you & others), I sleep ok at night because I do think the vehicle has a solid strong value proposition even at msrp.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks! Good call going south. BA Dealers are not participating in Costco pricing on the Pallisade. 🙄

I've never even paid msrp before so this has been a significant change in my buying methodology. And while I would have strongly preferred to get a more traditional pricing arrangement (big pat on the back to you & others), I sleep ok at night because I do think the vehicle has a solid strong value proposition even at msrp.
Agreed! The car still has more bang for the buck at MSRP compared to it's direct competitors at a discount or not.

We all want to save 3k off MSRP like some are finding on Ltd AWDs, but those deals aren't found in the Bay Area for sure. I bought one specialty car at MSRP and swore to myself I'd never pay MSRP again, but I came very close to doing that on the Palisade before one dealer honored the Costco pricing. The other dealer alleging they had the Palisade at Costco pricing reneged on it within a day, and now they're out of business so I'm glad I never bought from them anyways! hahahah. (Nissani Bros in SoCal)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a grey/beige limited AWD. Has carpeted mats, key locks, roof cargo bars. Negotiated $1700 off MSRP plus $500 medical related first responder for total of $2200 off MSRP. St. Louis, MO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased steel graphite with black interior Ltd AWD. Added features of cargo net, cargo tray, cargo cover, roof cross rails, rear bumper applique, all season floor liners (1st and 2nd row), and mudguards (splash trim) for a total MSRP with destination of $49075. Negotiated discount of $3800 off MSRP, which included first responder. Used email negotiations and played a couple dealers against each other. Portland, OR area with a radius of dealers of about 100 miles. Happy with the purchase as this is a ridiculous upgrade from my 2003 honda civic hybrid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid $48,500 OTD for a Black Limited AWD with carpeted mats, rubber all weather mats, cargo net, cargo cover, first aid kit, bumper appliqué, wheel locks, mud cards, roof rack and tow hitch.
This is really good for what you're getting. Did they give you extra other than what accessories that were added on the window sticker?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a SEL + Convenience package and Sunroof (Beckett's Black/Black) at Edmond Hyundai.

$39,250 out the door with $2,500 over market trade in so as far as I was concerned $36,750

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased steel graphite with black interior Ltd AWD. Added features of cargo net, cargo tray, cargo cover, roof cross rails, rear bumper applique, all season floor liners (1st and 2nd row), and mudguards (splash trim) for a total MSRP with destination of $49075. Negotiated discount of $3800 off MSRP, which included first responder. Used email negotiations and played a couple dealers against each other. Portland, OR area with a radius of dealers of about 100 miles. Happy with the purchase as this is a ridiculous upgrade from my 2003 honda civic hybrid.
Which dealer did you end up purchasing from? My wife would like a Palisade but the lowest I could get anyone is 2k under, we also live in the portland/gresham area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my Limited AWD in Lagoon Silver on 6/19.

Paid $45,752, which was Invoice price on a MSRP of $48,295, not including Tax/Title/License/Fees. All in I was cresting over $49K.

Based on guidance and recommendation from other forum members, I purchased mine and had a great experience through Gerald Walters of Linwood Hyundai in Paducah, KY. He was a class act and pleasure to deal with. Most importantly he was extremely transparent with everything.

I live in Southern Indiana and even though he was several hours away, after trying to make things work with dealers in Indianapolis, Louisville, and even Cincinnati, and getting tired of their games (come on in and we'll "talk"), plus some still wanting premiums over sticker, Gerald was straight to the point. I probably could've pushed him harder on price but after waiting a few months during the Pandemic shutdowns, I wanted to get the vehicle in my garage for my wife asap.

So far have 600 miles on it after a week and very happy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up my Limited AWD, Becketts Black w/black interior for $44k even last Friday. Included cargo cover screen, carpeted mats and bumper applique for MSRP of $48,185 w/freight. Absolutely loving the car, and looking for any reason I can make up to get out of house and take a drive. We'll be enjoying this car for a long, long time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not too much wheeling and dealing here up in Green Bay. Checked a few dealerships and went back and forth. I was able to get $1000 off MSRP and I qualified for the military $500 discount as well. Dealer will be delivering my white Limited AWD to me today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a Lagoon Silver Limited AWD in St Louis, MO. Got 2200 Off MSRP.
Have been closing following this forum, prices and negotiating tricks. Thank you all for your help.
St Louis dealers have been really fixed to sell at or above MSRP and the Silver limited AWD i wanted was rare to find here (Could have gotten a becket black for 3k lower) One dealer had 3 silvers, that I had been watching for last 3 months, but had it listed for 1-2K above MSRP and wouldn't budge. 2 days ago found a dealership 40min outside city limits (Hyundai Wentzville) who just got a new shipment, and was able to negotiate with them.

Love the car and no serious complaints. Getting ready for a long road trip in 2 days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Atlanta area here. Purchased Feb 29 . FWD Limited in Rainforest, black interior. Purchase price was $39,500+$600 bs dealer fee+tax, tag title. It was a demo vehicle with ~4,600 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agreed! The car still has more bang for the buck at MSRP compared to it's direct competitors at a discount or not.

We all want to save 3k off MSRP like some are finding on Ltd AWDs, but those deals aren't found in the Bay Area for sure. I bought one specialty car at MSRP and swore to myself I'd never pay MSRP again, but I came very close to doing that on the Palisade before one dealer honored the Costco pricing. The other dealer alleging they had the Palisade at Costco pricing reneged on it within a day, and now they're out of business so I'm glad I never bought from them anyways! hahahah. (Nissani Bros in SoCal)
I am also in the market for a Palisade in the Bay Area. Care to share what was the Costco pricing on a Limited Palisade? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a great deal. Can you give me the dealer info?
Potamkin Hyundai in Stone Mountain. I wouldn't recommend them at all though. I only got the deal because they had recently purchased this dealership, and all of their systems were messed up/not integrated. It was listed for ~$37k online so I contacted them to confirm the price via phone and via text. They assured me that whatever price was online was correct in both instances. I was suspicious but rolled with it anyways and test drove it. Noticed that it had 4600 miles on it (that wasn't listed online) so I thought hey maybe this is the real price. They brought out the price sheet and had jacked it up to MSRP ~$46k. So of course I went off on them for that. The jerk sales manager said the price was a mistake, there are super fine print disclaimers online that pricing might not be accurate, etc, etc. I then pointed out he was trying to charge me full MSRP for a car with 4600 miles on it, and took off $2,500. Told him no way. Long story short, my wife and I bitched them out for 30 minutes or so, making a scene on their showroom floor, then waited another 30 minutes for the GM/owner to speak to us. He said he couldn't sell it for $37k but asked what's a number you would pay for it. I said $39k, and he came back at $39,500. Overall, it was a terrible experience, but totally worth it to get ~$7k off of car thats going for at or above MSRP.

561 - 580 of 598 Posts