Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

521 - 540 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased in Schaumburg, Illinois
Just bought the SEL, Hyper-White, Beige Interior, Convenience Package, Premium Package, Sunroof Option.
Total Price was $42,920.00. Dealer discount was $3,520. Paid $39,400 plus taxes, title and license fees.
I was allowed to take the car for a test ride by myself, so I took it on a nearby highway and drove 60 to 70 MPH for several miles. No wind noise thankfully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We originally were looking at Telluride, but after we found the dealer that had one we liked we left after they added $5,000 in fees and packages that offered little value. They refused to take the packages off. So we decided to shop the Palisade. First dealer had 3 SEL's but had a $1,500 dealer markup package, plus $7,000 ADM! Plus they had $3,500 in options we didn't want. I immediately told the salesman I was not paying ADM and left. I knew there was another SEL at another dealer, so we went there. We bought it for $1,000 off and $500 rebate. They gave us a good trade. They only tried to sell an extended warranty. We declined. We paid 38,991 +ttl. It's an awd with convenience group, sunroof, carpeted mats, cargo cover and bumper protector.we are not keeping the cargo cover if anyone needs it. View attachment 133 View attachment 134
We originally were looking at Telluride, but after we found the dealer that had one we liked we left after they added $5,000 in fees and packages that offered little value. They refused to take the packages off. So we decided to shop the Palisade. First dealer had 3 SEL's but had a $1,500 dealer markup package, plus $7,000 ADM! Plus they had $3,500 in options we didn't want. I immediately told the salesman I was not paying ADM and left. I knew there was another SEL at another dealer, so we went there. We bought it for $1,000 off and $500 rebate. They gave us a good trade. They only tried to sell an extended warranty. We declined. We paid 38,991 +ttl. It's an awd with convenience group, sunroof, carpeted mats, cargo cover and bumper protector.we are not keeping the cargo cover if anyone needs it. View attachment 133 View attachment 134
Hi there! Would you still happen to have that cargo cover?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just purchased a Limited for 2k under MSRP. It did have tinting from the dealer, but the charge was close to what my usually tinting shop charges.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice to see the prices dropping some. When I got mine a dealer about 5 hours away had a bunch of limited's all for 2k off MSRP. I ended up getting a similar deal at a local dealer. I got 400.00 off MSRP, wheel's power coated black, windows tinted, and 1500.00 more for my trade compared to the other dealer I had to drive 5 hours too. I shopped around a lot and still saw many dealers selling right at MSRP around Colorado. Almost every dealer here has a 500-600 dealer fee and you can not negotiate that. You might get them to take more money off the car or more on your trade in, but the dealer fee will still be on your invoice. Would have loved to get the deal some of you have gotten close to 4k off! Still happy with mine and love the car so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You did as well as you could have at that time. With the pandemic and the now struggling economy the dealers are sitting on a much larger inventory of Palisades. The dealer I bought from had 40 Palisades in stock. I think they are afraid that things are only going to get worse so they are discounting to move cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You did as well as you could have at that time. With the pandemic and the now struggling economy the dealers are sitting on a much larger inventory of Palisades. The dealer I bought from had 40 Palisades in stock. I think they are afraid that things are only going to get worse so they are discounting to move cars.
We came close to getting a Highlander and the issue is just the opposite. Inventory is low, especially for the V6 were hard to find. Toyota is still not making any cars and and I think some models are getting hard to find. They did have a bunch of hybrids everywhere, but we need to tow a smaller trailer and wanted the V6. From my experience, burying a car is about 1/2 skill and 1/2 luck. Well unless i were to send my wife in to buy a car. She would just pay MSRP every time. She is embarrassed to shop with me when we buy a car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been buying and driving Toyotas for 40 years. I traded in a 2013 Avalon when I bought the Palisade. I really wanted to stay with Toyota, but I just liked the Palisade so much better than the Highlander. I think that Hyundai has almost caught up to Toyota in terms of quality and brand reliability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been buying and driving Toyotas for 40 years. I traded in a 2013 Avalon when I bought the Palisade. I really wanted to stay with Toyota, but I just liked the Palisade so much better than the Highlander. I think that Hyundai has almost caught up to Toyota in terms of quality and brand reliability.
Too funny! My wife and I have had a Toyota forever. I drove the same Camry for 20 years. We traded in our 2017 4-Runner for this. We were looking for something a little nicer and I'm kind of a sucker for all the cool electronics. We test drove the Highlander and thought it was great until we drove the Palisade. So many more features, better warranty, way more room, similar price with the higher trim level, ride was similar, and we preferred the looks of the Palisade. It's our first Hyundai and hope we did not make a mistake. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would love some feedback on if this is a good deal. Limited AWD White with Black Interior $49,190 and $52,000 out the door (They said they would take off the additional $456.59 and make it an even $52k) with all the added features listed in the image plus all weather mats and a tow hitch. Haven't quite pulled the trigger yet but probably soon.
View attachment 1210
1590779109389.png

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would love some feedback on if this is a good deal. $49,190 and $52,000 out the door (They said they would take off the additional $456.59 and make it an even $52k) with all the added features listed in the image plus all weather mats and a tow hitch. Haven't quite pulled the trigger yet but probably soon.
View attachment 1210
View attachment 1212 View attachment 1211
I assume this is for an AWD Limited? The "total savings" aka discount off MSRP is pretty low. Coupled with the fact that the MSRP is inflated by all of those added features.. You are basically paying at or a little above base MSRP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those add-ons really suck, but I saw them on almost everyone I looked at. The dealer would not take them off because they did not want the crap either. They add them on because they know they will sell it with them. I think once the market slows down a little you might see them stop doing that for every car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For some reason they are discounting the SEL models more than the Limited. I think if you shop around you can get at least $2,000 off of the Limited. $1200 seems too low right now. My dealer advertised a discount of $3500 off of MSRP. I think they figured I would buy all the extra protection and warranty products, but I did not. After you agree to a price they are going to try and sell you all kinds of crap that you don't need and is almost pure profit for them. Do not buy an extended warranty on anything. Do not buy any type of paint or interior protection. In my opinion it is all BS. Good luck.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Would love some feedback on if this is a good deal. Limited AWD White with Black Interior $49,190 and $52,000 out the door (They said they would take off the additional $456.59 and make it an even $52k) with all the added features listed in the image plus all weather mats and a tow hitch. Haven't quite pulled the trigger yet but probably soon.
View attachment 1210
View attachment 1212 View attachment 1211
Check the window sticker. The MSRP doesn't add up, even using the latest price sheet. Most of these add-ons will be on the window sticker and the dealer won't take them off.

But... I thought the roof rack cross rails were only for models without panoramic roof. And your Limited has the pano roof. But maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the window sticker. The MSRP doesn't add up, even using the latest price sheet. Most of these add-ons will be on the window sticker and the dealer won't take them off.

But... I thought the roof rack cross rails were only for models without panoramic roof. And your Limited has the pano roof. But maybe I'm wrong.
You are right the window sticker price is $46,825 before added features.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You are right the window sticker price is $46,825 before added features.
Well don't forget to add the destination/freight charge though. You have to pay that. And if the accessories are also on the window sticker, you'll have to pay for them.

Look at the Total Price line at the very bottom of the window sticker. That would be what they should quote you before offering you a discount. It should be the first line in the table you posted above. And make sure they're not adding accessories beyond the ones listed on the window sticker. I have a feeling that roof rack isn't on there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got 9% off msrp on a black limited and beige interior. Msrp was 48725.
I found that most dealers won’t move much on the sticker price but it’s possible to find some that are more willing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To shop for the best price I used Cars.com. Go on that site and then click on advanced search. Enter the exact make, model, exterior and interior colors you want. Search a large geographical area to give you more cars to compare. Once you are shown all the Palisades for sale in that area then select either SEL or Limited. Cars.com will show you all the cars in that area that match your search, the MSRP and the discounted price. Once you see a car that you are interested in you then click on Go To Dealer Website. Once on the dealer website you will have to search for the exact car you are interested in. When you find that car there is usually a link to See Window Sticker. Print out the window sticker and there you will see exactly what packages and accessories are on the car. Once you learn to surf the web on Cars.com you will have a much better idea of the discounts being offered in your area and across the country. When you go into the dealer the more you know the less they will be able to take advantage of you. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing all the information on this forum. It was helpful and my friend just purchased a 2020 Limited AWD with tow hitch, winter weather liner, first aid kit, wheel locks, and mudguards for $45,750 (Total MSRP $48,830 includes freight of $1120). Purchase price was $46,750 and then applied the $1000 first responders credit. This is in Maryland. Hope this helps someone else with their negotiations.

521 - 540 of 597 Posts