Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

481 - 500 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
My negotiation was molded by the fact that there weren't any of the Moonlight Cloud with beige models which is what my wife wanted and she almost settled on a black/beige one if one could be found. I already had a verbal agreement with one of our local Hyundai dealers for $48,500 so I was looking to beat that number if possible but was ready to pay that if a Moonlight Cloud with beige could be found. Via CarGurus app I searched and located two Moonlight Cloud with beige in the Miami area and emailed them to inquire about them. Once on the phone I offered 48,000 take it or leave it, the salesman told me he will talk to his manager and 30 mins later he texted me the figures adding up to $47,999.95. I didn't reply to the text right away because I was busy, but it worked out well because he called me to get my reaction. I said, "do me a favor, send the itemized out the door quote so I can see what is what" and from there it was a done deal. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do have a couple of trade-ins but they honestly are not worth much. One is a 2010 Prius with 240K miles on it (was great when I was doing the DC commute for 10 years) and the other is a 2008 BMW Z4 (that I just might keep, as I live on an Island in Georgia, but it needs a bit of work). If I can get it for around $2K under, I would probably be thrilled. I am still debating on this or a Santa Fe. I do not really need to room anymore as the kids are out of the house now, but I really like the look, leather, etc. of the Palisade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SEL:

Convenience pkg
Premium pkg
Power Sunroof; LED interior/map lamps
Carpeted Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Cargo Cover
Splash trim
Rear Bumper Appliqué

Paid $39,185 + sales tax

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
1 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Palisade Limited in Sierra Burgundy/Beige for $1,000 under MSRP from Sheehy Hyundai in Waldorf, MD. Great experience from the initial phone contact (I initiated) to the sale floor rep (Douglas) through the sales manager and business office.

Here's the longer story -
After years of owning cars in various shades of gray and silver, we decided to opt for a real color for this new car. The nearby dealer really wanted to sell us one of the gray/white/black models which they had on the lot. Decided to keep looking for a vehicle in one of the colors we preferred and with the options we preferred, if possible. Long story short, I found the Hyundai-USA web site VERY useful to search for a vehicle matching our preference. I then examined the window stickers and used that info to build a spreadsheet of all suitable vehicles within XX miles I also pulled the short list of options and costs so I could 'score' each one based on the unwanted options included and desired options absent. While most of the latter could easily be post-sale add-ons, getting a factory-installed trailer hitch was viewed as a moderately big deal. After sorting based on my +/- options scoring, I asked for a quote from the three most attractive options. One place said they had a Market Adjustment upcost over MSRP. Fortunately, the nearest dealer whose inventory included one with a trailer hitch offered the car with a discount under MSRP. That sealed the deal.

IMG_5707[1].JPG

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Palisade Limited in Sierra Burgundy/Beige for $1,000 under MSRP from Sheehy Hyundai in Waldorf, MD. Great experience from the initial phone contact (I initiated) to the sale floor rep (Douglas) through the sales manager and business office.

Here's the longer story -
After years of owning cars in various shades of gray and silver, we decided to opt for a real color for this new car. The nearby dealer really wanted to sell us one of the gray/white/black models which they had on the lot. Decided to keep looking for a vehicle in one of the colors we preferred and with the options we preferred, if possible. Long story short, I found the Hyundai-USA web site VERY useful to search for a vehicle matching our preference. I then examined the window stickers and used that info to build a spreadsheet of all suitable vehicles within XX miles I also pulled the short list of options and costs so I could 'score' each one based on the unwanted options included and desired options absent. While most of the latter could easily be post-sale add-ons, getting a factory-installed trailer hitch was viewed as a moderately big deal. After sorting based on my +/- options scoring, I asked for a quote from the three most attractive options. One place said they had a Market Adjustment upcost over MSRP. Fortunately, the nearest dealer whose inventory included one with a trailer hitch offered the car with a discount under MSRP. That sealed the deal.

View attachment 1095
Welcome. Don't forget the $500 post sale rebate from Allstate.bonusdrive.com

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
That's the way to shop BrooksP, if more people would do that, there would be a lot more happy people. No matter which brand car they purchased.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have waited to see what the new incentives are for May (the April ones are still posted but I found this interesting:

1.9% APR
Financing for up to 60 months
Finance
Low APR
Effective April 3, 2020 - May 4, 2020
Effective April 3, 2020 - May 4, 2020 Effective 4/3/2020 - 5/4/2020 Special Low 0% APR (up to 36 months) at $27 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. Special Low 0% APR (up to 48 months) at $20 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 60 months. 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 72 months. 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 84 months. APR financing available, subject to credit approval by Hyundai Motor Finance to very well qualified buyers and not available on balloon financing. Only a limited number of customers will qualify for advertised APR.

Has it said that the whole time and I missed the 0% or is it possible this is the new May deals? I guess we will know in the next day or so. This would probably make me move forward.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have waited to see what the new incentives are for May (the April ones are still posted but I found this interesting:

1.9% APR
Financing for up to 60 months
Finance
Low APR
Effective April 3, 2020 - May 4, 2020
Effective April 3, 2020 - May 4, 2020 Effective 4/3/2020 - 5/4/2020 Special Low 0% APR (up to 36 months) at $27 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. Special Low 0% APR (up to 48 months) at $20 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 60 months. 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 72 months. 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 84 months. APR financing available, subject to credit approval by Hyundai Motor Finance to very well qualified buyers and not available on balloon financing. Only a limited number of customers will qualify for advertised APR.

Has it said that the whole time and I missed the 0% or is it possible this is the new May deals? I guess we will know in the next day or so. This would probably make me move forward.
Where are you seeing this? Because it's not applicable to the Palisade, as far as I can tell. Here's the page for the Palisade: Special Finance Offers: Hyundai Auto Finance Car Loans/Car Leases | Hyundai

It says: "Effective 4/18/2020 - 5/4/2020 Special Low 1.9% APR (up to 36 months) at $28 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. Special Low 1.9% APR (up to 48 months) at $21 per $1,000 financed for qualified buyers. 1.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 60 months. 3.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 72 months. APR financing available, subject to credit approval by Hyundai Motor Finance to very well qualified buyers and not available on balloon financing. Only a limited number of customers will qualify for advertised APR."

Other Hyundai models have 0% APR offers, but not the Palisade, as can be seen here: Special Finance Offers: Hyundai Auto Finance Car Loans/Car Leases | Hyundai

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, like Eric stated, none of these 0% offers were/are available for the Palisade, only the other models. I got the 1.9% for 60 months as a gamble thinking that if things got worst, they would do 0% like Honda, Subaru, VW and others...

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
Even the lease deals are down.
In January hyundai offered $500 for military
$1000 off from Hyundai
$1000 off from the dealership I use.

Financing had same offers they have now
1.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 60 months.
3.9% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) up to 72 months.
with $500 off for military and some others.
I don't look for anything to change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased SEL with Premium + Convenience (does not include Nav unit) + Sun roof for $40,540 (included $500 medical employee discount) in Plano, TX. They weren’t willIng to bring down the price except for the discount. I had to pit two dealerships against each other on the trade amount.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
MSRP is not a bad deal with the discounts applied.
When we purchased ours, a dealership offered us $1500 off MSRP
and then offered us $3000 less on our trade in than where we purchased
Below MSRP isn't always the way to go and then sometimes it is.
If you got a deal that made you happy that is what is important.
A few of the deals I've seen listed on here are to good to be true, Sorry
The dealerships are not in business to loose money, they make it up
one way or the other.
Enjoy your new Palisade

Be sure and check out SAXMAN's bonus drive $500.00 deal it is good

·
Registered
11 Posts
Negotiated and paid $46k (only excl. tax) for a black + tan Limited AWD in the Seattle area. Took delivery on 4/30. End-of-month and shopping during the covid-19 lockdown in Washington State likely helped. Negotiated all via email with all the area's Hyundai dealerships.

Still shocked this car is below $50k. Take the Hyundai badge off and people would assume you're driving a $100k+ vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Paid $48095 after the Military rebate for lagoon Grey + black Limited AWD with Tow Hitch, floor mats, wheel locks, cargo net and cargo protector.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got a limited for $400 under msrp, included front window tinting, and black powder coating of all 4 wheels. Plus got a sweet deal on my trade, but it had a ton of stuff on it. There is place close to Denver selling them for about 2k under msrp for the limited, but would not give me much for my trade and was way to long of a drive for me.

481 - 500 of 549 Posts