Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

461 - 480 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would expect to have the whole new vehicle negotiated and several offers on the trade in hand. You could then approach them about the trade in person. With that said, I have had no issues in the past negotiating trade in value on vehicles over email as well. Sent lots of pictures and agreed that it was contingent on the trade being as described.

Also, not all states have the tax benefit on trades. I'm in California where we get to pay full price tax every time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
LOL, yeah, thanks guys. So clarify something for me. Are you expecting the dealer to give you a firm price for your total transaction (their vehicle and your trade) without even seeing your trade-in?
Simply put, yes.

Step 1: Secure financing (loan? down payment? pay full in cash? get all that done first. Never walk into the dealership hoping for their best deal on financing.)
Step 2: Get a written offer for your "trade-in" at carmax, this will give you a ballpark starting point for your trade-in value
Step 3: Negotiate with dealers for the purchase ONLY, first and foremost; the fact that you have a trade-in is completely, utterly, and totally irrelevant to this phase of negotiation, you should not even mention it to them.
Step 4: Once the final purchase price is agreed, you can then show them the carmax offer and ask them to match similar/competitive offer for the trade-in. If they can't match carmax, sell it to carmax, buy your new car from the dealer only; if they CAN match, then trade in and buy your car.

Done. Obviously oversimplifying it, but my general point still stands. At no point should you negotiate the price of your new purchase as a "function" of the trade-in deal. That's just another potential way for dealer to pocket more profit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bought my Limited AWD today. In California so inventory is still very low. Paid 990 under MSRP. No trade in. Cash purchase so no financing. Got the 500 First Responder rebate. And, after driving it for 1 hour and 20 minutes on the freeway, started getting a low whistling for the windows! argh.

·
Super Moderator
673 Posts
bought my Limited AWD today. In California so inventory is still very low. Paid 990 under MSRP. No trade in. Cash purchase so no financing. Got the 500 First Responder rebate. And, after driving it for 1 hour and 20 minutes on the freeway, started getting a low whistling for the windows! argh.
When was your Palisade manufactured?
Welcome to the forum
My understanding is Hyundai may be working on a new fix

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a Moonlight Cloud Limited w/ only carpeted mats as add ons MSRP @ $46,400 total with add ons + dest was $47,655. Got it for $44,600 including military disc and roof rails included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a new 2020 Palisade Limited AWD in Hyper White today! Man, this ride is a beauty and loaded!

I live in Seattle WA and have been negotiating with multiple dealers via text/email for a week or so. The Limiteds are hard to come by, and the inventory you see now is probably all that'll be available for months with the Ulsan plant down. One dealer said no new Palisades until May and another said August (fwiw). Some dealers wouldn't budge from MSRP, some wouldn't respond to my emails, but I had two "internet managers" competing for my business and my work paid off. I recommend going directly to a manager at a high-volume store to negotiate if possible.

Granted, I am at "ground zero" for COVID19 in the USA. The dealers here are struggling to get people into showrooms. This dealer said that sales are down 60% this month and we're just at the beginning of the pandemic in the US. China reported that auto sales were down 70-90% in Feb.

I didn't squeeze out every dollar or accessory I could have, but left extremely satisfied and negotiations were pretty simple. The dealer was super thankful I even came in. Not a single other customer was in the showroom with me from 12PM-3PM on a sunny Sunday.

Here's the deal:

MSRP $48,045
Discount $2,849
Price = $45,196+++

• Included OEM crossbars and all-weather mats. ($599 retail value)
  • Financed through Hyundai for 60 months at 1.9%
  • $5,000 down on credit card (0% interest for 12 months).
  • Traded in a 2011 Hyundai Sonata for more than expected.
  • Got the $40 test drive prepaid Visa and applying for $500 Bonus Drive.
Even at that price, the "other" dealer still offered to match/beat, but I was satisfied and liked the staff at the local dealership who earned my business.

I made sure they knew I would leave positive reviews on Hyundai survey, Google, Yelp, and Dealer Rater.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like info for the dealers and reps who were willing to play ball!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just picked up a new 2020 Palisade Limited AWD in Hyper White today! Man, this ride is a beauty and loaded!

I live in Seattle WA and have been negotiating with multiple dealers via text/email for a week or so. The Limiteds are hard to come by, and the inventory you see now is probably all that'll be available for months with the Ulsan plant down. One dealer said no new Palisades until May and another said August (fwiw). Some dealers wouldn't budge from MSRP, some wouldn't respond to my emails, but I had two "internet managers" competing for my business and my work paid off. I recommend going directly to a manager at a high-volume store to negotiate if possible.

Granted, I am at "ground zero" for COVID19 in the USA. The dealers here are struggling to get people into showrooms. This dealer said that sales are down 60% this month and we're just at the beginning of the pandemic in the US. China reported that auto sales were down 70-90% in Feb.

I didn't squeeze out every dollar or accessory I could have, but left extremely satisfied and negotiations were pretty simple. The dealer was super thankful I even came in. Not a single other customer was in the showroom with me from 12PM-3PM on a sunny Sunday.

Here's the deal:

MSRP $48,045
Discount $2,849
Price = $45,196+++

• Included OEM crossbars and all-weather mats. ($599 retail value)
  • Financed through Hyundai for 60 months at 1.9%
  • $5,000 down on credit card (0% interest for 12 months).
  • Traded in a 2011 Hyundai Sonata for more than expected.
  • Got the $40 test drive prepaid Visa and applying for $500 Bonus Drive.
Even at that price, the "other" dealer still offered to match/beat, but I was satisfied and liked the staff at the local dealership who earned my business.

I made sure they knew I would leave positive reviews on Hyundai survey, Google, Yelp, and Dealer Rater.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like info for the dealers and reps who were willing to play ball!
that's a great price, I only got 1000$ off MSRP back in Dec. I didn't get crossbars, had to go buy Thule ones so that's another 500$. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my SEL AWD in Graphite yesterday in Connecticut. No packages, just a sunroof.

MSRP was $37,925
"Invoice" was $36,476
Paid $35,000
I also got the first responder bonus on top of that price. FYI if anyone is going that route, it acts as a bonus towards your down payment. I thought it would come off the sale price initially. Either way, the math works out ok.

I made an initial offer by email of $35,500, they accepted then I got them down another $500 and up $500 on my trade. I think I did alright considering there's no real incentive programs like other manufacturers have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid about 700 below sticker on a Steel Graphite Limited FWD, Black Nappa Leather Interior, in San Diego, CA. It was $46,000 even After delivery, had the full floor mats and a couple minor things I can’t even remember, I did get the 1.9 also. Palisade Limited‘s are very rare down here, especially in darker color exteriors, with Black Nappa Leather interior. Mine was the only one within 50 miles at the time, other than one dealer charging $5K over list, and LA area dealers were charging $5000+ over list, some as high as $10K over list - that’s just crazy! I really wanted a Moonlight Cloud Limited, but none were available within 150 miles, Steel Graphite was my second choice. I was also on the fence weather to get AWD or not, I don’t really need it but loved it on my last vehicle.

SEL are readily available, and there are deals to be had, but Limited models are few and far between. I bought over a week ago, not sure if the current situation has change the demand a lot, but everything shipping in now has a light interior. Might be worth getting a loaded SEL if you can get the price down a lot, but at asking price I think the Limited is worth the difference In price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid about 700 below sticker on a Steel Graphite Limited FWD, Black Nappa Leather Interior, in San Diego, CA. It was $46,000 even After delivery, had the full floor mats and a couple minor things I can’t even remember, I did get the 1.9 also. Palisade Limited‘s are very rare down here, especially in darker color exteriors, with Black Nappa Leather interior. Mine was the only one within 50 miles at the time, other than one dealer charging $5K over list, and LA area dealers were charging $5000+ over list, some as high as $10K over list - that’s just crazy! I really wanted a Moonlight Cloud Limited, but none were available within 150 miles, Steel Graphite was my second choice. I was also on the fence weather to get AWD or not, I don’t really need it but loved it on my last vehicle.

SEL are readily available, and there are deals to be had, but Limited models are few and far between. I bought over a week ago, not sure if the current situation has change the demand a lot, but everything shipping in now has a light interior. Might be worth getting a loaded SEL if you can get the price down a lot, but at asking price I think the Limited is worth the difference In price.
Like you, we were death set in the Limited FWD Moonlight Cloud with beige interiors. Searched in Car gurus and thanks to their automated price update emails I was able to find one 300 miles from us. Negotiated over email and text in less than 3 hrs. Final figures:
MSRP/Retail $46,890.00
Selling Price $44,153.00
Rebate $900.00 (Military and recent graduate)
Total Savings + Rebate $3,637.00
Government Fee* $706.50
Dealer Service Fee $998.00
Total Taxes $2,942.45
Final out the doorr price: $47,999.95
2020 Hyundai Palisade, Body Type:SUV Color:Moonlight Cloud, 10 Miles

Extra features that were included at no additional cost:
ADDED FEATURES:
*Carpeted Floor Mats $180.00
*Cargo Net $50.00
*Cargo Tray, up seatback $150.00
*Cargo Cover $190.00
*First Aid Kit $30.00
*Splash trim $120.00
*Rear Bumper Appliqué $70.00
*Wheel Locks $55.00

Overall I am stoked and as many of you here I have been searching all over the US for this Limited Moonlight Cloud with beige interiors and was fortunate to find it. I do get the feeling that prices are getting ready to drop some due to this Corona Virus although, I was quoted 52-54k by two other dealers this very morning.

·
Registered
76 Posts
seeing a few limited palisades around my area, all from Frank Hyundai in National City. They were the only dealer to give me 1000$ below MSRP. Enjoy! Are the other owners of the white limited in Carmel Valley on this forum?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We picked up a black limited FWD yesterday in Orange County for $2K under MSRP. Earlier in the day we had gotten a quote from a dealership still trying to get a $5K mark up!.

·
Super Moderator
330 Posts
We picked up a black limited FWD yesterday in Orange County for $2K under MSRP. Earlier in the day we had gotten a quote from a dealership still trying to get a $5K mark up!.
Good deal i also saw that they had the limited $5 k over MSRP and i wondered who the heck would pay that with the economy as it is now . When i bought mine i worked out a price and they tried to slam me with a bunch of dealer mark ups but i held firm. I extend my congratulations and enjoy your new Palisade and i also live in SO. CAL

·
Registered
76 Posts
enjoy!
don't know if you saw this but if you are having issues paying due to COVID19 and financed via Hyundai Financial: So, we’re covering up to six months of payments for Hyundai owners who purchased or leased a Hyundai vehicle between March 14 and April 30, 2020 if they lose their job due to COVID-19 this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Made the deal today for Black/Black Limited AWD in So. Cal that we will pick up on Saturday. Wanted the Midnight Cloud at another place but dealer wouldn’t go below $55K for the car saying they were asking $60K so I was getting a “deal” at only $6,000 over MSRP. No thanks. Got it about $1,500 under MSRP, and $500 military rebate, so I’m happy. Probably should have waited to get it cheaper since it looks like the shutdown will continue quite a bit longer but I’m all for instant gratification. ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Made the deal today for Black/Black Limited AWD in So. Cal that we will pick up on Saturday. Wanted the Midnight Cloud at another place but dealer wouldn’t go below $55K for the car saying they were asking $60K so I was getting a “deal” at only $6,000 over MSRP. No thanks. Got it about $1,500 under MSRP, and $500 military rebate, so I’m happy. Probably should have waited to get it cheaper since it looks like the shutdown will continue quite a bit longer but I’m all for instant gratification. ?
Congrats, Moonlight Cloud is a sweet color but Black is nice as well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like you, we were death set in the Limited FWD Moonlight Cloud with beige interiors. Searched in Car gurus and thanks to their automated price update emails I was able to find one 300 miles from us. Negotiated over email and text in less than 3 hrs. Final figures:
MSRP/Retail $46,890.00
Selling Price $44,153.00
Rebate $900.00 (Military and recent graduate)
Total Savings + Rebate $3,637.00
Government Fee* $706.50
Dealer Service Fee $998.00
Total Taxes $2,942.45
Final out the doorr price: $47,999.95
2020 Hyundai Palisade, Body Type:SUV Color:Moonlight Cloud, 10 Miles

Extra features that were included at no additional cost:
ADDED FEATURES:
*Carpeted Floor Mats $180.00
*Cargo Net $50.00
*Cargo Tray, up seatback $150.00
*Cargo Cover $190.00
*First Aid Kit $30.00
*Splash trim $120.00
*Rear Bumper Appliqué $70.00
*Wheel Locks $55.00

Overall I am stoked and as many of you here I have been searching all over the US for this Limited Moonlight Cloud with beige interiors and was fortunate to find it. I do get the feeling that prices are getting ready to drop some due to this Corona Virus although, I was quoted 52-54k by two other dealers this very morning.
Exactly the car I want. This is very helpful and I will walk in the door with this in hand. We will see how it goes. Thanks so much LSUDC213!

461 - 480 of 549 Posts