Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. I just brought home a new Lagoon Silver/Black Palisade Limited. Very excited. I priced it through Consumer Reports/True Car and found a dealer discounting $1,973 off MSRP. Long story short, it turns out that their TrueCar interface was misconfigured. We got on a conference call with TrueCar and they were able to sort it out. I told the dealership and TrueCar that I was no longer interested in purchasing. Once the dealership figured out what had happened, they offered me the vehicle at $1,973 off, saying it was the “right thing to do” despite the fact that I had told them I was no longer interested in purchasing the vehicle. At the time this was their only Limited in stock. They also promptly corrected the pricing issue at TrueCar and scheduled sales training with them so the situation doesn’t happen to future customers.

Bought from Pride Hyundai in Seekonk, MA. Very happy with the level of integrity exhibited by both the people I was dealing with and the upper management (who didn’t have a relationship with me). I dealt with Quinn Anderson in sales, who was incredibly knowledgeable about the car and it’s competition. Greg Goudas was the business development manager who spent a lot of time with me throughout the process as we managed to sort out the issues.

Summary of the sale:
Palisade Limited with floor mats
$1,973 off MSRP
$399 dealer doc fee
$180 RI registration
Financed 1.9% 60 months through Hyundai Motor Finance
No trade
No incentives

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picked up my Moonlight Cloud Limited AWD yesterday!

MSRP $47,955
36/10 lease terms
Negotiated $3200 off MSRP plus $1000 in lease cash

PM me if you are interested in this dealer (Long Island NY) They were a no BS Dealer and had me out in less than 2 hours (would have been less but I was talking about the dealerships business model with the Finance Manager).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Picked up my Moonlight Cloud Limited AWD yesterday!

MSRP $47,9555
36/10 lease terms
Negotiated $3200 off MSRP plus $1000 in lease cash

PM me if you are interested in this dealer (Long Island NY) They were a no BS Dealer and had me out in less than 2 hours (would have been less but I was talking about the dealerships business model with the Finance Manager). View attachment 778
Way to hack the lease

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paid 43,095 for Black Limited with Black Interior with a 3995$ Ultimate Protection Package at Hyundai dealership in Decatur, AL. The MSRP was 46,385$ plus the Ultimate Protection Package, so the dealership had it listed for 50,380$. They gave 1000$ off the MSRP, plus a 500$ competitor discount, and 500$ military discount, and I also will receive 500$ credit through my employer discount. The Ultimate Protection Package was thrown in the deal so I didn't pay for it. I financed the balance with 1.9% interest rate with Hyundai Financing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm seriously considering buying a limited if the price is right, otherwise, I'm planning on going with the SEL with Convenience, Premium and Drive Guidance packages. Any tips on getting the price down? Truecar seems to only have the MSRP for any offers. One dealer near me has a couple of Limited at 48000 and a couple SEL with the above packages for around 42000.They have a total of 25 Palisades on their lot. Another store an hour and half from me has a Palisade FWD Limited at 46000. All of their prices are MSRP, any tips on getting the price down?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm seriously considering buying a limited if the price is right, otherwise, I'm planning on going with the SEL with Convenience, Premium and Drive Guidance packages. Any tips on getting the price down? Truecar seems to only have the MSRP for any offers. One dealer near me has a couple of Limited at 48000 and a couple SEL with the above packages for around 42000.They have a total of 25 Palisades on their lot. Another store an hour and half from me has a Palisade FWD Limited at 46000. All of their prices are MSRP, any tips on getting the price down?
Where you located?

·
Registered
22 Posts
middle of Iowa. I’d be willing to drive 3 hours for the right price, possibly even 6 to Chicago.
I was told D’Archy hyundai is selling for less price. Check with them, not sure how far for you but it is in Illinois.
Check the forum for the prices paid in Illinois, you will find some dealers with below msrp price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my Steel Graphite SEL with convenience package for invoice price and half of holdback. 38.5k for tax, tag, and all of it. I contacted 24 dealers in a 100 mile radius and used whatever lowest quote I got to get an even lower quote from the next dealer. I told all of them I was negotiating at invoice minus holdback and not at MSRP. We went from there. Any dealer that stated they were MSRP only I didn't deal with. I scratched the internet for real invoice prices and the holdback from Hyundai. The dealers who paid salespeople via a mini or PAC was always the lowest. Comission based dealers were MSRP and above.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my Steel Graphite SEL with convenience package for invoice price and half of holdback. 38.5k for tax, tag, and all of it. I contacted 24 dealers in a 100 mile radius and used whatever lowest quote I got to get an even lower quote from the next dealer. I told all of them I was negotiating at invoice minus holdback and not at MSRP. We went from there. Any dealer that stated they were MSRP only I didn't deal with. I scratched the internet for real invoice prices and the holdback from Hyundai. The dealers who paid salespeople via a mini or PAC was always the lowest. Comission based dealers were MSRP and above.
if you don't mind, can you please share the dealership name

·
Registered
132 Posts
I found that most dealers in the Chicago area (with the exception of a couple) were reasonable in that they were charging MSRP or $500 below it for a Limited that wasn't even on their lot yet. For an SEL you should expect at least $2k-$3k discount off MSRP based on what I've seen here in the forum as there is more inventory than the Limited. Just send out an email to a bunch of dealers around you requesting a quote for the exact car that you are looking for. If they have the vehicle on the lot, that should give you more negotiating power. If you get a great quote, try to have a dealer close to you match it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got $2000.00 off, after I had tried for $2500.00. Sales manager would not budge But they gave me 6 free oil changes
and maintenance for free. That includes tire rotations, balancing, and alignment if necessary I leased the palisade limited AWD for 36 months. They also agreed they will give ne a loaner car any time it has to stay in the shop
The free maintenance is for everyone after February 2020.
On new vehicles, Hyundai will now offer complimentary scheduled maintenance for three years or 36,000 miles.

Google: Hyundai Expands Warranty Coverage to Add Free Maintenance

·
Registered
474 Posts
The free maintenance is for everyone after February 2020.
On new vehicles, Hyundai will now offer complimentary scheduled maintenance for three years or 36,000 miles.

Google: Hyundai Expands Warranty Coverage to Add Free Maintenance
@Gene got his car in January. The post you quoted is from January 17.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh ok, so they knew it was coming
The Hyundai complimentary maintenance is only available on vehicles purchased after Feb 1. His dealer just offered their own free oil changes. Big difference would be that if he bought after Feb 1, he could take it to any dealer and it'd be free. In his case, he has to take it to the dealer he purchased from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know of a dealer going below msrp between vegas, reno, and Sacramento area (I live in Reno). Looking for limited AWD.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Anyone know of a dealer going below msrp between vegas, reno, and Sacramento area (I live in Reno). Looking for limited AWD.
There are several limited AWD's here in the phoenix area.
Go to hyundaiusa.com and use area code 85304

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've called multiple dealers in Arizona and they are all selling it above MSRP for 2k to 5k. They don't even want to come down close to MSRP. Hope this helps.

341 - 360 of 380 Posts