Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

301 - 320 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You're missing the fact that dealers don't pay the invoice price. They pay less. It depends on the dealer. For example, a dealer that hits their sales targets and moves a lot of volume will pay a cheaper price than other dealers. There's also something called dealer holdback, where they get money back from the manufacturer.

Basically, imagine that invoice is like MSRP for dealers: they don't actually pay that.

PS: you can edit your posts for some amount of time after posting. No need to post a new one for a typo.
thanks!

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I got $2000.00 off, after I had tried for $2500.00. Sales manager would not budge But they gave me 6 free oil changes
and maintenance for free. That includes tire rotations, balancing, and alignment if necessary I leased the palisade limited AWD for 36 months. They also agreed they will give ne a loaner car any time it has to stay in the shop

·
Registered
25 Posts
I though i was getting a good deal, glad to hear that others out there have been able to get a fair price, as seem like the majority pays MSRP or above. patience and knowing your numbers are key.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think you did quite well.

There are deals to be had, but it requires knowing what you're doing, lots of patience waiting for the right deal, and aggressive shopping. It took me about 6 weeks worth of shopping every dealer within 200 miles to get my price.
Same here, actually I email about 15 dealers withing 300miles that was the furthers i wanted to go with the breakdown of the price i wanted to pay and the reason why i though it was a fair price that would give them a decent profit. only 2 decided to negotiate, and with one emailing me back with a simple, "we can do that deal" they took my business right away.

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
After talking with the sales person, I had said no to what was offered. The way I said no was I reached in to my bag and handed him a lemon. No cost to me as we have a lemon tree. I then ask to speak with the sales manager. After we went back and forth ,I reminded him of the hold back they got. He offered the $2000.00 when I still wasn't saying any thing he threw in the oil changes and the maintenance. I reached back in to my bag, Which I had prepared, and handed him a tangelo, we have a tangelo tree also.
Yes the transportation cost has gone up and so has the hyper white gone up $300.00. It is listed under accessories on the window sticker

·
Registered
10 Posts
that helps.. thank you!
They also make money off trade-ins, dealer accessories/extras (tint, protection packages, etc), and dealer/doc fees as well (often disguised as mandatory fees that sound like TTL). It may look like you got "$4k off sticker" only to have donated some or all of it back elsewhere. On the paperwork, it'll likely still show a $4k discount from MSRP to make it an "official" and help seal the supposed deal.

My advice is don't get too hung up on the lowest price you may see here, since we don't know all the variables that went into that specific deal. Like others have already said, get out the door quotes with TTL from multiple dealers you're willing to work with, the more the merrier, and pit the best offers against each other. Use the forums to narrow down some dealers known to make fair deals and include them in your list of target dealers to help make sure you're not overpaying on the final number. Good luck and happy hunting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally got one!!!

The wife and I are proud owners of a Limited AWD in Lagoon Silver!!! We probably talked to over 10 different dealers with in 300 miles of us and none of them were willing to come off of MSRP at all. We have been looking for one in either Rainforest/Steel Graphite/Lagoon Silver for about 3-4 weeks now and we would get plenty of calls or texts saying they had one or had one coming in that they were willing to sell us or put a deposit on but wouldn't come off the MSRP and even some wanted to tack on a addendum so we always said thanks but no thanks and that we were willing to wait until the supply met up with the demand.

Well, Saturday morning the wife and sat down if front of the computers and checked out who had what at their dealership that we wanted (I know the Hyundai website isn't super accurate but it's the best thing we have to go off of). Contacted 3 or 4 dealerships and pretty much they either didn't have them or they already had deposits on them. I texted and talked to Michael Ruperd at Checkered Flag Hyundai in Virginia Beach and they had one White Limited in stock but couldn't come off the price at all. We had a very cordial conversation and I told him I was looking to be OTD at 48K with TTL and I told him I thought that was a fair deal for both of us. He agreed but said there was nothing else he could right now and if things changed on either side we would contact each other. This was about 11 o'clock on Saturday.

So the wife and I decided it wasn't meant to be right now and figured we would have to wait until at least the end of the month to "maybe" get a deal from someone trying to hit a sales target. So we went and ran some errands and while we were at the grocery store, my wife got a call from a dealer in Elizabeth City, NC that we had talked to earlier in the week the had a Lagoon Silver one that he though was available but after talking to his manager it already had a deposit on it. Well, he was calling to say it was available now since the people that put a deposit down on it couldn't get financing. After talking to him in the store while we were shopping ( I was hoping he would make some kind of deal since it originally had been "sold") but no luck on our end since they still wouldn't come off MSRP. So our hopes had been dashed again :)

After we had checked out and were heading home, I get a text from Michael at Virginia Beach, I couldn't really check my text until I got home but he was telling me they just got a truckload of them in and they had one Limited AWD in Lagoon Silver that was not spoken for and his manager had already OK'd $1000 off MSRP. So needless to say I was interested. I got home and exchanged texts and emails and set everything up. I was going to get it OTD for just under 48K!!! So we loaded the kids up this morning and headed to Virginia Beach which is about 3.5 hours away from here. To finish everything up at the dealer. When we got there, it still had all the factory plastic and protection on it and only had 15 miles on it. They cleaned and prepped it while we finished the paperwork up. It was a long day but we finally got home and parked it in the garage and plan on messing around with it tomorrow. I have to say, you need to stay persistent and eventually the start will align and you will find the one you want at the price you want.

The MSRP was $47,665 and I was OTD at $47,935
I got the $500 Conquest rebate and the $500 Veteran rebate and the $1000 Discount which covered my 3% NC sales tax and the other registration fees. There was also a $699 DOC Fee. My Palisade only came with the Standard Floor Mats which is fine with me. Driving it home was really nice and I really like the Highway Driver Assist ( I think that's what it's called ?) which basically allows the car to drive it's self while you only have to touch the steering wheel every 20-30 seconds or so. It's a little unnerving at first but kind of cool at the same time :) Michael also said I was the first person to get a Palisade there with a discount (don't know how true that is) but made me feel good at least. They probable had 10-15 Palisade's in stock when I was there today and I counted 8 of them were the Hyper White ones but he said most of them already had a deposit on them. He was a great guy to work with and seemed pretty straight forward and was able to get us a deal, YMMV.

I know I didn't get the best deal possible out there like others have on this forum but I have to say I am pretty content happy over all and it seems like a great vehicle so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Limited AWD with 15 Miles Negotiated Price with $500 conquest rebate included $44,267
Added Feature (Hyper White Color & black interior) $300
Title & Registration $600
Freight $1,095
OTD: 46,262 + 3,238 tax = 49,500
I am also eligible for $500 cash back through bonus drive so after all said and done, it will cost me 49,000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad you stuck with it and didnt get discouraged. Dont forget to check out/apply for Bonus Drive and receive $500 bonus cash back.
Thank You!! I applied for the Bonus Drive through the Allstate link someone provided in another thread. So far so good on that process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
allright I'll play...I did not go in prepared to necessarily buy, but I really liked the car. The package was perfect, I liked the color a lot (steel graphite) interior (grey/black), and it was the package I wanted: SEL AWD w/Conv+Premium+Sunroof.

they initially gave $1000+500 off MSRP, and $1300 for my trade in. They came up to 2700 on my trade in, which was the deal in my mind (2006 162k Odyssey, pretty rough, Edmund est. ~$1000). I think they knew they were gonna take a hit on the Odyssey, so they wouldn't come down any further. I walked at first, called back and got them to throw in the all weather mats too (which are pretty nice, but need 3rd row option).

Not unhappy....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Palisade Limited AWD
MSRP $49,015
$45K plus TTL (including $500 conquest offer)
1.9% financing

Chicagoland area. I've been tracking inventory and it really started building up 3 weeks ago. I received calls/emails from multiple dealers yesterday stating they needed to either make sale by end of month or February 3rd. No reason anyone should be paying MSRP at this point.

D'Arcy/Pugi/Palatine/World Hyundai were the most motivated dealers. Good Luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Palisade Limited AWD; Moonlight, Beige.
MSRP 48,320 (Mats, covers, splash guards, wheel locks, cargo net, bumper appliqué. I don't needed all of these but cannot take it off. Do not want to wait for 2 more months)
45,275 after conquest offer plus TTL; This is in Ohio, I had to travel 450 miles to get this deal. My local dealer wanted MSRP
2.99 financing for 75 months; 1.9% Hyundai declined for me with 822 credit score :O
1549 for Hyundai Platinum Plan (10 years/100K miles); I paid 150 extra compared to Crystal but I do not want to deal with my other dealers.
$500 Gap insurance.

So far found no issues after 450 miles of driving in snow, rain..... Loved Rain sensing wiper blades during the drive.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Just picked mine up Tuesday 1/28, 3 days before Free 3 Years of maintenance but also before $250 price jump.
Limited AWD White/Beige with following accessories added, not that i wanted them but it is what it is:

*HYPER WHITE(WC9) Paint $300.00
*Carpeted Floor Mats $160.00
*Cargo Tray, up seatback $150.00
*Cargo Cover $190.00
*First Aid Kit $30.00
*Rear Bumper Appliqué $70.00

MSRP per my sticker: $48395, New MSRP effective 2/1 $48645

Price paid after 1 day of negotiations over email/text:
$46880 ($1015 negotiated discount and $500 competitor rebate)
I also qualified for for BonusDrive program, so hopefully i'll get $500 back, which will make my total purchase price $46380.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Palisade Limited AWD; Moonlight, Beige.
MSRP 48,320 (Mats, covers, splash guards, wheel locks, cargo net, bumper appliqué. I don't needed all of these but cannot take it off. Do not want to wait for 2 more months)
45,275 after conquest offer plus TTL; This is in Ohio, I had to travel 450 miles to get this deal. My local dealer wanted MSRP
2.99 financing for 75 months; 1.9% Hyundai declined for me with 822 credit score :O
1549 for Hyundai Platinum Plan (10 years/100K miles); I paid 150 extra compared to Crystal but I do not want to deal with my other dealers.
$500 Gap insurance.

So far found no issues after 450 miles of driving in snow, rain..... Loved Rain sensing wiper blades during the drive.
2.99% for 75 months? Is that via Hyundai finance? I thought they did 3.9% for 72m. You got a decent deal. As to the 1.9%, you have to pick the 60 months credit length. That’s probably why you were declined. Nothing to do with your credit score.
Just picked mine up Tuesday 1/28, 3 days before Free 3 Years of maintenance but also before $250 price jump.
Limited AWD White/Beige with following accessories added, not that i wanted them but it is what it is:

*HYPER WHITE(WC9) Paint $300.00
*Carpeted Floor Mats $160.00
*Cargo Tray, up seatback $150.00
*Cargo Cover $190.00
*First Aid Kit $30.00
*Rear Bumper Appliqué $70.00

MSRP per my sticker: $48395, New MSRP effective 2/1 $48645

Price paid after 1 day of negotiations over email/text:
$46880 ($1015 negotiated discount and $500 competitor rebate)
I also qualified for for BonusDrive program, so hopefully i'll get $500 back, which will make my total purchase price $46380.
The price went up in early January, and that’s when the $300 for hyper white was added. What’s changing on 2/1 is the free maintenance being offered.

You did pay the new price, with the extra $250. But you got a small discount at least.

·
Banned
5 Posts
2.99% for 75 months? Is that via Hyundai finance? I thought they did 3.9% for 72m. You got a decent deal. As to the 1.9%, you have to pick the 60 months credit length. That’s probably why you were declined. Nothing to do with your credit score.

The price went up in early January, and that’s when the $300 for hyper white was added. What’s changing on 2/1 is the free maintenance being offered.

You did pay the new price, with the extra $250. But you got a small discount at least.
You are actually very wrong with your math but i'm not going to go there. 2/1 adds another $250 to the price but also includes "free" maintenance.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You are actually very wrong with your math but i'm not going to go there. 2/1 adds another $250 to the price but also includes "free" maintenance.
New price sheet: https://newspress-hyundai.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/original/39943-2020MYPalisadePriceSheet07Jan2020.pdf
Old price sheet for reference: https://newspress-hyundai.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/original/36511-2020MYPalisadePriceSheet10Jun2019.pdf

Note the effective date for the new price sheet: January 7. Not February 1. Note the extra $300 for Hyper White. And the extra $225 to the MSRP, and the extra $25 to the destination charge. If your window sticker had the extra $300 for Hyper White, then it seems that it is based on this new pricing sheet.

Only possible exception is that your car was from before 1/7, but Hyundai has started charging $300 for Hyper White before 1/7 without publishing a new price sheet. They have done that before (unfortunately). I didn't do the math by subtracting your accessories from the MSRP you listed, but I guess there's a possibility that you have the older price, but with the extra $300 for Hyper White.

301 - 320 of 402 Posts