Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Did you pay below, above or at MSRP?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone paid for 2021? Calligraphy specifically, but curious about the others as well. It's been several years since we've bought a brand new car, and it wasn't a hot item, hard to find car like these are. So there was more wiggle room there. From the research I've done, many are paying MSRP, some even a little more, and very few have paid under. What happened to the days of being able to talk dealers down a couple thousand? Then again, what happened to the days of buying a car that wasn't equal to a large downpayment on a house? Hahaha

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
40 Posts
I was fine paying MSRP for the Calligraphy. Plus they didn't even have one on the lot but had one inbound so I paid a deposit to hold it. In my experience in my area, the Palisade's just weren't staying on the lots very long. So, if you want one now, MSRP might be it. But obviously this depends on where you live and what's available. I bet if you wait a couple months then price will go down.

I'll also add a caveat, I was able to get more for the trade in. Initial offer was only $10K so we paid the deposit. After the Palisade arrived, I did get the trade in up to $12K. I was happy since 3rd party sell was only between 12,500 and 14,000.

I also looked at the Telluride and dealers were marking them up several thousand and one was actually $10,000. That was for the SX Prestige with Nightfall. We decided not to wait because it would have been 2-3 months.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
91 Posts
For our 2021, we technically paid $2921 below MSRP but there was a $399 add-on (some VIN etching thing), so we think of it as $2522 below MSRP. We also got $1000 above what we wanted on our trade-in. We visited a few dealerships before finding the SEL we wanted with a bench seat and black interior. We expected to pay more since the SELs with bench are less common around here but were really happy with what we got. I know others in our region have gotten significantly better deals than we got. It all seems to be regionally dependent.

(ETA We also qualified for the $500 military discount, so in our minds, that took care of the $399 add on and the document fee of $100.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Funny you should ask that. We just got the price on 2021 Limited down. We do a lot of business with this dealership as they have multiple dealerships that sell all makes of cars. They told us that they normally do not budge on price for the Palisade as they are in high demand. They came to me with the $2k lower price I didn't even have to ask but like I said we have spent a lot of money with them over the years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So ?, before I go and sign for the Palisade when it comes in I have a concern about the smell being reported in the Limited models. Do any of you have that issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
So ?, before I go and sign for the Palisade when it comes in I have a concern about the smell being reported in the Limited models. Do any of you have that issue?
I have black on black Calligraphy, brought her home 7 days ago, have close to 700 miles and knock on wood, no issues so far. Mine is August manufactured. The salesman knew of the smell issue and thinks Hyundai has addressed it but I wouldn’t take his word yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ha, so funny because our sales guy actually was the guy we used to deal with in service on my husband's Silverado & daughters Elantra. Anyway, he said they know about the issue but have no fix yet. Says not all have the smell, which is weird. They have had one customer with a 2021 Calligraphy with beige interior they actually had to trade out for a Buick the smell was so bad.

Thank you for the input though I appreciate it. How do you like the Palisade so far? Any complaints.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ha, so funny because our sales guy actually was the guy we used to deal with in service on my husband's Silverado & daughters Elantra. Anyway, he said they know about the issue but have no fix yet. Says not all have the smell, which is weird. They have had one customer with a 2021 Calligraphy with beige interior they actually had to trade out for a Buick the smell was so bad.

Thank you for the input though I appreciate it. How do you like the Palisade so far? Any complaints.
Love the car and the ride. Highway driving is so effortless. My wife doesn’t like to drive on highways but has warmed up to it and we are actually making plans to take the car for longer drives more often.
I am usually nit picky and do see couple of minor gripes:
The third row lighting is virtually non existent in the nights. They should’ve made the cargo lighting more accessible from third row.

The ambient lighting has different color options but the brightness is way too low for my liking. I think it probably is due to the acrylic covering on that led strips.

Loving every minute in this excellent car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First post here - I don't know what a 'little' or a 'lot' are🙂. We paid $2000 below MSRP for a white Limited and pick it up this Thursday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here, paid $2000 below msrp for a Limited with exact color (Moonlight Cloud) we wanted. On top of that, got a generous trade-in offer and ended up paying only ~$1000 on tax!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here, paid $2000 below msrp for a Limited with exact color (Moonlight Cloud) we wanted. On top of that, got a generous trade-in offer and ended up paying only ~$1000 on tax!
Yeah we got smacked on tax. My wife's Highlander was totaled sitting at a light waiting to turn (she was fine and it didn't "seem" like that much damage...) and since it was mostly paid for, we just got a check from the insurance company. Nice downpayment, but no offset. Congrats!

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
40 Posts
Yeah we got smacked on tax. My wife's Highlander was totaled sitting at a light waiting to turn (she was fine and it didn't "seem" like that much damage...) and since it was mostly paid for, we just got a check from the insurance company. Nice downpayment, but no offset. Congrats!
You didn't get credit on your taxes for the payoff? Wow that blows. This just happened to us and that was no issue. Took the insurance payoff into the DMV and got the credit for the new car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Approximately $2200 off the MSRP of a 2021 Limited, but in actuality a lot more as dealers in my area had Addendum stickers and excessive Doc Fees. I will tell you this- if you are looking for a deal and have TIME and patience its easy to find a deal on these vehicles (or any vehicle for that matter) if you use Cars.com. You perform a search with a mileage range that gets you out of your state and into more obscure/rural areas and you will save. You just have to drive there. I have the time and was able to drive 300 miles (1-way) to save $2500-ish because the demand in my area is high. If $2000+ is valuable to you and you have the time then I highly recommend you do that. It was worth it to me. I also sold my trade-in private party (probably won't do that again as it was a pain) and made an additional $3K there....
The Telluride was never an option for our family as the wife liked the Palisade a lot more but if I decide I want a Telluride I will buy out of state again as the Dealers in my area are marking them up $5K+... absolutely insane! Lastly, I wouldn't consider the Telluride until they change the instrument cluster to All-digital like on the Palisade and the new KIA Sorento (may consider the Sorento as its got a Hybrid option) that is coming out this Fall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up my Palisade fresh off the truck yesterday ($2500 off sticker) The sales guy & I looked like dorks smelling the headrests and seats to ensure no rotten smell, all smelled fine. Have to say I really love it! Our lease was up on an Escalade so we went with something lower in price since we don't need the towing capability anymore. I about cried when the drove my Escalade away. Obviously nothing will ride as smooth as that but for the price point being almost1/2 I think it is an amazing vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do not know whether Korean plant is open or not. There aren't a lot of Palisade with calligraphy trim out there in AZ. I checked the web first, the price is lower than MSRP. However, the dealer adds few extra items.. it seems to me that I paid a bit more when I traded my old car.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put a list of comparables together but this is for the NE Ohio region. You can access it @ Hyundai Palisade Comps

Paid slightly below MSRP and this was a black on black Calligraphy that had just come into the showroom as a floor model to give customers a chance to get a preview of it since they weren't expecting any for at least 4-6 weeks. I traded in my Audi A6 3.0 (2013) which they seemed to want pretty badly but I don't think that was their primary motivation to sell the Calligraphy. The salesman said that if they were able to show lack of Calligraphy models compared to other dealerships in the area, that they get priority in getting additional models in, in order to maintain a level playing field. In any case, it was a good deal and didn't have to wait at all to get one....and thankfully no smell either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just curious what everyone paid for 2021? Calligraphy specifically, but curious about the others as well. It's been several years since we've bought a brand new car, and it wasn't a hot item, hard to find car like these are. So there was more wiggle room there. From the research I've done, many are paying MSRP, some even a little more, and very few have paid under. What happened to the days of being able to talk dealers down a couple thousand? Then again, what happened to the days of buying a car that wasn't equal to a large downpayment on a house? Hahaha
I purchased a 2020 Limited at around $700 below. This was in March about a week and a half before the closed all the car dealers (probably would have gotten a better deal if I went in the day before COVID-19 shut them down). But I used the only true price and tried to get offers from the Amex car purchase program. Best I got was a $400 off MSRP offer and used that to haggle down. But my March experience was cars in high demand and flying off lots so no real deals. Now seeing some deals on here, maybe covid restricting normal business so may be more open to negotiating. But it is all supply and demand . In the end I am happy with my purchase and not going to worry about a thousand or 2 over a car I'm going to drive for the next decade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my Palisade Tuesday all was fine. Today opened the car and the smell about took me down. Definitely not a new car smell, not rotten but very strong. Anyone else have this happen? I wiped down every bit of leather with cleaner/conditioner and opened the sunroof & all windows. My biggest concern with these was the smell people complained of. It is not the headrests I smelled all those, definitely the seats themselves. This makes me sad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do not know whether Korean plant is open or not. There aren't a lot of Palisade with calligraphy trim out there in AZ. I checked the web first, the price is lower than MSRP. However, the dealer adds few extra items.. it seems to me that I paid a bit more when I traded my old car.
who installed your running boards. I was looking at them am worried they might rust out but here in Maryland Hyundai wants 500 just to buy them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts